4.0 out of 5 stars 2 Games in one!
I am a big fan of the old Bomberman games (I loved them on my old Amiga!), and I loved it on the Gameboy Advance.

Anyway - I started playing this today and I'm very impressed.

Published on 9 May 2007 by @GeekZilla9000

1.0 out of 5 stars I sold this on Ebay - boring title
What a boring game, the only appealing moments were through multiplayer battle, the storymode is so boring I was expecting a lot more after viewing screens/videos.. Not only are the controls weird to use but on some maps you'll end up getting lost or stuck. It just wasn't my cup of tea, too much shown at onceas opposed to a gradual progression.
Published on 9 Mar. 2007 by A. Maine

4.0 out of 5 stars 2 Games in one!, 9 May 2007
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Bomberman Land Touch (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)

Anyway - I started playing this today and I'm very impressed.

You can play the traditional battle mode. But as this is on the DS - the battlezone is spread across two screens, so you can play against 7 CPU controlled opponents and there is plenty of space. You can play one other player and have you start in the top screen and them in the bottom screen. That way - when you meet up you have accrued a good number of power-ups and other items.

I actually prefer the battle mode on this version than the version on the actual Bomberman DS game. There are less items to collect which make this easier to play as there are less confusing and wacky items - this keeps the game pure!!!

But the battle mode isn't the main game here....

The Story Mode game disappointed me a little as I was expecting an RPG similar to the one on Bomberman Land on the GBA. It isn't an RPG as such - it is a series of mini-games which you navigate through via an RPG-like story. However - this was my mistake, and the minigames are impressive. Here you get a very cartoony 3D rendered RPG-esque world with fantastic graphics. This is all controlled using the stylus, which I was dubious about at first - but it is very easy. The DS was designed for a game like this. You point to where you want to travel, click on somewhere far away and your little guy runs! Click items and people to explore/open/talk.

There are lengthy story pieces, but if you click start you can skip these, but they are quite good at getting you into the feel of the game.

This maximises all of the strengths of the DS - great graphic, intuitive controls, and great fun. If you are buying this because you were a big fan of the GBA version RPG then think twice. If you are considering this because you enjoy minigames and great gameplay then this is a great buy. If you like the classic Bomberman then this is fantastic value as you get that bundled in on the cart too.

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent title for the ds!, 22 May 2007
Mark (Newcastle, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bomberman Land Touch (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
This is just a quick review of the game as I have only played on it a little bit as my x g/f had it for her ds. The graphics I thought were pretty impressive and the gameplay was very good and easy to use! The touch screen actions were very good and the game reminded me of the Bomberman games on the SNES which are fantastic! This game has a lot of fun in it and I think if you loved the Bomberman games on the SNES then get this on the DS, its worth it and I've only had a few goes on it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, addictive and a must for die hard fans, 16 Mar. 2008
This review is from: Bomberman Land Touch (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
I found this game absolutely brilliant. The game has 3 main modes:- Story mode, Bomberman battle pack and attractions mode. Story mode is a mini adventure where you have to explore different 'zones' and complete mini challenges. I was totally addicted from start to finish. When you have completed the challenges they will be unlocked in attractions mode for you to play independantly from the main game. For all those who like nostalgia - you can play the old style bomberman in bomberman battle pack, playing against the computer players or players across the World in Wi-Fi mode.

I love this game so much!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bomberman plus minigames = fun learning and must buy, 25 July 2012
This review is from: Bomberman Land Touch (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
This review is from my blog: [...]
This puzzle/ action game expands on the Bomberman universe to include new characters, scenerios and lots of mini games within an story! There are a few different modes; Attraction Mode where you can replay all of the attractions you have cleared, Story Mode, Battle House (play against up to 5 players via Wi-Fi in the attractions), and classic Bomberman- which you can use Wi-Fi to connect to up to 7 other players. There is also another surprise when you have completed the game!

Protagonist Cheerful White and his five friends; Kid Blue, Bookworm Green, Cool Black, Cute Pink (the girl) and Giant Gold are on Bomber Island, a new cool amusement park with 5 themed zones; Castle, Club, Heart, Diamond and Spade to be explored and different items to collect in your quest to be the new Pirate King. Each of the zones have 25 zone pieces, coin tokens, 1 zone stamp, 1 treasure stamp and 1 Boss Stamp to collect. Cheerful White will also play against each of his friends in each of the 4 card suit zones to win a Rival Stamp. Each completed Stamp set is worth a zone piece from the Info Booth (warp points). The Info Booths are also used as places to exchange your tokens for specialised bombs (normal mode) or characters (hard mode).

The DS touch screen and microphone are used, but favours the touch screen more in this game. You use the stylus to move Cheerful White around and interact with objects. Mini games were becoming quite popular at this time, but this is one of my favourites. The graphics are bright and colourful, the in game help is useful in the form of emails which are quite easy to read. There are two difficulty levels- normal and hard (this only appears when the normal mode has been completed), and within each mode are two chances to play the games- the first to clear it (if you fail, you can use a gold token to reduce the requirement) and the second to win a gold coin token beating a higher score/ time. All the games help with learning colours, timing, stylus control, counting or test skill in some way.

In game help is provided on Normal Mode via the Bombpad and emails. On the Hard mode, the help hints are taken away. Any challenges from your rivals, and the Zone Boss, come from the emails. You can also keep track on what stamps you have, and what equipment (headwear, clothes and bombs) are currently equipped, as well as saving. The graphics are bright and colourful, what you expect from a game aimed at 5 upwards. But its definitely challenging for adults too with its variety of puzzles that make you think.

I'm generally not a fan of mini games, but I made an exception for this game and its DS sequel because they were so fun to play with a story and characters that made me smile. It probably does help that I am a huge fan of the Bomberman series. I definitely recommend this game, its one of those hidden gems, and the sequel (Bomberman Land Touch! 2) is even better! This game is a must buy.- taken from my blog [...]

4.0 out of 5 stars This game is fun but tricky., 29 May 2008
This review is from: Bomberman Land Touch (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
I love this game but it is a bit tricky on some od the games! you have to collect lots of tokens and things to try and beat a boss at the end. on the games you have completed they go into a minigames file and you can play them again to improve you hight scores! there are about 6 differnet files so the whole family can try and beat eachother! i haven't completed everything yet but i would recomend it so far. younger children you might find it a bit tricky but if you are good at games you might think it is easy! give it a go!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Bomberman Land Touch is hard, 4 April 2014
This review is from: Bomberman Land Touch (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
I dont know if its just me but ive had this game 7 years and have been stuck on the same thing for atleast 5 years. Im 13 years old and personally barely ever play my ds, infact I only re-found this game about a month ago but this game is sososososo hard and I dont recommend that anyone under the age of 9 gets it. Although this game has a few cons it definitely has more pros. Im totally addicted to it as it not only has story mode, it has multiplayer mode which means that whenever my cousins are come down for christmas ect we all play against eachover - suprisingly fun and brings us all together :)

4.0 out of 5 stars four stars, 16 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Bomberman Land Touch (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
i took this view from my daughter who thinks 'it is a good game'. She has owned it before in different formats and wanted it for her ds.

1.0 out of 5 stars I sold this on Ebay - boring title, 9 Mar. 2007
A. Maine - See all my reviews
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 Sept. 2014
Great

Bomberman Land Touch (Nintendo DS)
Bomberman Land Touch (Nintendo DS) by Codemasters (Nintendo DS)