5.0 out of 5 stars How to grow old disgracefully!
Absolutely electrifying!!!! Nick Cave thankfully shows no sign of growing old gracefully. The newly renamed Bad Seeds show what they're made of here and its nothing remotely sweet. This CD just breathes aggression from the word go. If this was made by any up and coming band this would be talked about till the cows come home.

What a start we get. Nick Cave at...
Published on 6 Mar 2007 by Mike J. Wheeler

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
okay
Published 1 month ago by Anders Thomsen

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius, 10 Mar 2007
D. Lloyd "Riddick" (U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Grinderman (Audio CD)
This is Cave back in full force. After a period of introspective balladry, whatever demons he needed to exorcise have been banished, and he can get back to some raucous angry, sleazy rawk n' roll, and my god does he deliver. If i had to choose a standout track, it would be 'No pussy blues', but its just a standout album full stop. If you are a fan of 'The Birthday Party', if you sing along to 'Deana' more than 'Straight to you', if you just love it when Cave has fire in his belly full stop, then this is essential. Best work he has done since Murder ballads. Enjoy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun album, 26 Mar 2014
M. D. Watts "Mike" (Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Grinderman - Grinderman (Audio CD)
I like this album because it makes me smile. Nick cave has created some great music over the years and this is no different. Good to listen to loudly and smile at the lyrics.

5.0 out of 5 stars sounds like olden days, 27 Oct 2011
This review is from: Grinderman - Grinderman (Audio CD)
This is not your x-factor type music. If you are into "different" music from the bland rubbish around today, buy this. Grunting, scraping, rasping sounds (and that's nick cave not the guitars). I accidentally listened to a nick cave c.d and haven't looked back. My kind of music- bad,loud,and raunchy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 21 Oct 2011
This review is from: Grinderman (Audio CD)
Wasn't sure what to expect but on listening was not disappointed. Glad I bought this and would happily recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 9 April 2011
This review is from: Grinderman - Grinderman (Audio CD)
This is a masterpiece! Grinderman are: Nick Cave with Warren Ellis, Martyn P. Casey and Jim Sclavunos. Listen No Pussy Blues and Electric Alice, then buy this amazing cd...

5.0 out of 5 stars funky monkey but not funk, 26 Mar 2011
This review is from: Grinderman - Grinderman (Audio CD)
my first foray into mr cave and i like as its more attitude and punky with quality lyrics and lashings of sarcasm.buy and enjoy.cant really sell you this as its all about taste as we all know but it has flavours of the dead weathers with more of a narrative style.def not for everyone but suits me fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gutsy Grinderman ., 15 Jan 2011
C. Grainger "Clairopatra" (Bath. U,K,) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Grinderman [12" VINYL] (Vinyl)
I absolutely love this album. Grinderman are a four-piece band compared with the eight musicians in the bad seeds, but the sound is really full with Nick playing lots of guitar. Warren Ellis(the multi-talented musician) stipulated he wanted an album without songs about 'love or god' and that's what we've got. Nick's lyrics are brilliant as always and really humorous some reflecting his ageing...'I combed the hairs across my head,I sucked in my gut and still she said.'..from No Pussy Blues.
Hey I really don't mind getting old as long as Nick's getting old with me and entertaining me like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stupendous album, 25 Dec 2010
Dr. Martin Kelly "Martin Kelly" (Donegal, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Grinderman - Grinderman (Audio CD)
I've heard a little of Nick Cave's stuff in various iterations. I had been thinking of buying Grinderman for a long time. This was a bit of a 'punt of faith'. It sure turned out to be a great gamble. This album contains some great tracks, and I will keep going back to it in the future, I am sure. A great indie/garage/psychedelic album. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nick Cave has fun with the best of the bad seeds, 21 Nov 2010
This review is from: Grinderman - Grinderman (Audio CD)
This CD is crude, provoking and full of energy as most of Nick Cave's work. It is like Nick Cave, Warren Ellis, Martyn Casey and Jim Scavunos were unleashed (not that the leash is that tight in bad seeds)... I guess one either loves it or hates it. I love it. And if you have a chance to see them live, do not miss it, it's even better than the CD!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best rock album of the decade, 25 Sep 2010
David Balfe (Bedfordshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Grinderman - Grinderman (Audio CD)
I won't waste time, simply say - This album is as truly great as all the other reviewers state. It renewed my long-lost faith in the capacity of rock to make new noises, be wild, sexy, dirty, funny, poignant, disgusting, and all the things you want rock to be. If you haven't got it, buy it - you lucky person, to be able to get stuck into it for the first time.
(Note - Unfortunately Grinderman 2 isn't anywhere near as great, though it's still very good.)

Grinderman - Grinderman
Grinderman - Grinderman by Grinderman (Audio CD - 2007)