5.0 out of 5 stars My second pair ...
Published on 27 Aug. 2010 by Ren

2.0 out of 5 stars Merrells Cham Wrap Kahuna shoes
Published on 29 Jan. 2011 by Chris Mills

5.0 out of 5 stars My second pair ..., 27 Aug. 2010
Cannot recommend these highly enough. These are my second pair, the others are still as comfortable as the first day I wore them, but had been worn to death and were looking a bit tatty. Supportive, very grippy (which means they can squeek a bit on hard floors), breathable (so they have never developed old trainer smell). When they get particularly muddy I throw them in the washing machine ... my old pair must have been through a gentle wash at least ten times. When ordering get a size up as these consistently come in quite small ... I am 9 to 9 1/2 and these size 10 are perfect.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bulky Bad Bays, 2 Sept. 2011
Steven Winter "steve w" (spain(ex Pat)) - See all my reviews
When i first opened the box I couldn't believe how bulky they were but after putting them on the comfort is unbelievable.
I showed them to my wife and she said "they look like large bumble bees".(due to the florescent cotton stripes) But they are well made and apart from a few pieces of cotton coming away were easily cut off they repel water and keep feet cozy and secure. The ONLY thing I have found wrong is the level of grip on a wet surface. I was power washing the car at my local garage on a concrete floor and very nearly went head over heels on more than one occasion and also whilst walking on wet floor tiles is like walking on ice hence only giving them a 4 star review.

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy larger than usual, 15 Aug. 2014
As many reviews suggest, sizing is a bit off with these shoes. I would normally wear an 11 to 11.5 in a walking shoe. Size 12 seems to fit me more or less like an 11.5. Occasionally, I think I should maybe even have gone for a 12.5. I would say go up at least half a size from your normal fit and very probably a full size, especially if you intend wearing thick walking socks. If only wearing thin socks, just half a size up might do. Once they're on, they are pretty comfy, although I wouldn't mind just a touch more width in the toe end (but I have bad feet). They are quite wide in the toe box though and the lacing is flexible enough to allow you to vary the tightness all the way from toe to tongue, so most people are probably going to find these a good fit. The midsole and insole are quite springy to give a bit of cushioning and the shape of the shoe seems to be capable of giving decent support if laced up properly. The sole seems quite grippy and tough to me, but I haven't had chance to really challenge them yet. It is supposed to be possible to leave them fully laced and just slip them on and off. What I do instead (and recommend) is just undo the lace at the top. The rest of the lacing seems to stay in place and you can get your foot in and out quickly without damaging the shoe (or your foot) and it only takes a second or two to undo or retie the bow at the top of the laces. They are also vegan-friendly, which is another reason I bought them, as well as all the reviews saying how comfortable they are.

5.0 out of 5 stars great shoe, 31 Mar. 2009
Juice (co down,uk) - See all my reviews
very comfy shoe, well worth getting. think i stood on something sharp and burst an air bubble, squeaks when i walk now,aaaghhh

2.0 out of 5 stars Merrells Cham Wrap Kahuna shoes, 29 Jan. 2011
I bought these walking shoes following on from a previous pair of Merrells, that had lasted for 3 years & were still being used for gardening work. The new pair were instantly comfortable, very comfortable. However, my walking shoes get used 3 days a week as a wildlife guide & photographer, so saltwater, shingle, mud, etc. This pair did not stand up to this at all, in fact inside 3-4 months they were letting wet in, even grass dew meant wet feet. After 7-8 months they were falling apart, the fabric on the front edges came away, the edges of the shoe where they join the sole came away. After just 12 months they are consigned to the bin, they now absorbing water & aren't even in any use walking down the pavement if it's raining. Overall I am very disappointed & surprised, I started to wear the old ones until I replace these, they are still relatively waterproof & have been seriously abused.

If you want a pair of walking shoes for lightweight walking on dry summer paths, these will be fine & comfortable. If you were thinking of some rougher terrain than I would not recommend.

2.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, light on performance - and therefore poor on price, 13 Jun. 2012
I bought these shoes because I liked the design. I like the design so much that this is the second pair I have bought. The first pair disintegrated about 3 years after I bought them. So I bought the second pair DESPITE the performance shortcomings.

The soles are made of the type of material that slips easily in the wet: wet rock is challenging, wet footpaths not so much.
The sole is thin: very thin. This is the first area of the shoe to fail - on the sole joint just below the ankle bone.
The rand is fine, but breaks (cracks, tears) on a line level with the base of the toes.
The breathable upper does what it says on the tin. But it lets water in. (That's fine by me)

So I like how they look but not how they perform.

And in relation to the price, I'm cross with myself for buying a second pair. So roughly 80 quid over three years: 25 quid per year, or 12 quid per foot per year, a quid a month per foot.

Looking at all my other trainers, this shoe offers very poor value for money. But I like them - how sad is that?

(EDIT Feb 2013)
The new pair has already failed: the fabric has ripped roughly in line with the bottom of the laces. This will be the last time I buy these shoes. Pity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Merrell's Chameleons, 6 July 2012
This trainer must be one of the best brands I have ever bought. Each time I buy a trainer from Merrell it lasts up to 5 years. They are the most comfortable trainer I have ever worn and although they do not look as fashionable as other trainers I don't care as I am very comfortable. Maybe it's my age but that is exactly what I want from a trainer being worn every day. They have incredible grip and present extreme value for money. I would not hesitate in buying them, and Amazon presented the cheapest option.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not built to last! Poor quality - Returned., 6 Oct. 2014
Well after 10 months these shoes developed 2 holes one on each shoe, one was by the big toe the other was by the little toe.

I was very disappointed in the build quality. These are meant to be one of the best walking shoes on the market.
I cannot believe they developed holes in such a short period of time. Thankfully Amazon accepted them for return.

The shoes do fit well and are good for gentle walking but forget any vigorous hiking they will fall apart. One good thing about the shoe is they fit snugly and support the foot.

Other bad things are they stink to high heaven very quickly. They also are not waterproof so any small splashes from streams or dew and your feet are soaked.

So if you have high demands of your walking shoes look elsewhere.

You can check the holes in the shoes here:

and

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous go anywhere shoes, 30 Aug. 2014
Marcus Paine (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Merrell Chameleon Wrap, Men's Trekking and Hiking Shoes (Shoes)
These are so comfortable and, for wider feet, pull together around your foot rather than feeling like you are rammed into a narrow frame which many walking shoes have these days. The sole is very comfortable for me and I'm well over 110 kgs.

I really love them.

The sizing came up a little small, so after buying a UK 10 (my normal size) I had to exchange for 10.5 which now fit perfectly, so buy 1/2 a size up from your normal fit.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Hiking Shoe, 24 Dec. 2012
This is the third pair my husband has bought over the last few years. He has particularly short wide feet with high insteps and has difficulty in finding robust yet comfortable shoes. These shoes have excellent adjustable lacing for a good comfortable fit. Previous pairs have been used for many miles of mountain hiking in dry Spanish conditions and power walking on smooth level surfaces. He would thoroughly recommend them.