4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job
Published on 19 April 2011 by Angela Relle

3.0 out of 5 stars Its OK
The belt is a great idea. If you must have something around your waist then this is the one for you but personally, after getting it, i think i'll try the arm strap. Its bulkier than I thought. If the straps were a little thinner then it would fit my tiny waist better but if that were the case, it may not do its job. I'll still use it, but only when completly necessary...
Published on 25 April 2012 by Michelle H

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 19 April 2011
This review is from: Tune Belt Sport Belt for iPhone and More (Fits iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G, 2G & 1G; Blackberry Bold, Curve, Storm & Tour; Nokia N97; Palm Pre and many more) (Electronics)
I can't be doing with arm bands, I always seem to be aware of them. During the winter I just put my phone and keys into my running jacket pocket, but now the spring is here, I've tried this belt out. It does the job for me, fits my not so tiny waist (I am UK size 14/16) and also my HTC Desire together with my locker key and work pass in the little pocket. You can work the touch screen through the plastic, but I took my phone out to interact with my running app (Runkeeper). I haven't tried it with headphones.

I wore the belt underneath my t-shirt on a hot day and it felt comfy and didn't rub (though I've only done a short run today)

[Update]
Been using this for a few months now and still happy with it - I have twice had my phone fly out, but making double sure the velcro is sealed down properly stops this happening.

5.0 out of 5 stars I think it is great., 1 Oct 2012
I started a Couch to 5K program and needed something for my iPhone 4S. I didn't have secure pockets on the clothes I was going to wear, and I didn't fancy those straps for attaching the device to my arm. This looked good, so I gave it a try.

I really like this belt and am glad I decided to buy it. It is light-weight. The clear window allows you to see the screen of your phone or iPod (I've tried it with both), but also is designed so that you can press through it to use touch functions. The belt is easy to adjust and the fabric is slightly stretchy. It has a little pocket on the back for a key or other small item. It is simple to use, just slide the phone in and press the velcro down to securely close it.

I've been using it for five weeks now and am very happy with it. The only thing is, I haven't been out in the rain, so don't know how well it would protect any device from the elements. This was definitely the right choice for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect setup for runners with an iPhone, 6 Feb 2012
R. I. Finlay "FreeBirdUK" (Bournemouth) - See all my reviews
I recently discovered the fun to be had using the free Nike+ app with my iPhone so that I can get GPS tracked routes along with aural feedback en-route through my earphones (over the top of my chosen music) and automatic updating of my performance on the Nike+ website. The trouble is...How to cart around my iPhone? I looked at arm mounts but I'd just hate having the weight on my arm and it does rather say to the world "I've got an iPhone - mug me"! With the Tune Belt however I just slot my iPhone in snugly and securely and then strap it to my waist. I find that positioning the phone behind me works best as the headphone cable then slips tidily under my arm. Even under a thick shirt the GPS signal is strong and of course the iPhone is better protected from the elements. Touch control of the iPhone is also no problem through the transparent fascia. Adjusting volume or changing track would be difficult however but I've resolved this by buying the Sennheiser PMX 680i neckband earphones which include an in-line remote which handles this (680i by the way - not the straight 680). The fit of the belt is tight but not too tight and easily adjustable. I experience no slippage even on long runs. There is also a further pocket suitable for keys or key cards which can be handy. Happy customer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant bit of kit!, 9 Feb 2013
C. Dennen (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
Don't write reviews often but had to put right a few of the things I've read about this belt. As a runner who hates holding his phone in an armband type holder, this semed to be the answer - and it is. It fits my iPhone 4S perfectly, is plenty adjustable and a great fit around the waist, very comfortable and in use you just don't realise you're wearing it.
No way the phone is going to come out. The velcro closing the opening is very strong, in fact its difficult to open. There is also a restraining strap inside the opening to hook around your phone. Great design, buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great belt for running and more, 13 April 2012
Had this for 2 weeks now and fits what I need, iPhone is secure and safe enough whilst running without any problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars belt, 7 Nov 2011
Fantastic product does exactly what you expect of it and cheap here on Amazon. Really good value. Only 1 of its kind anywhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super comfortable and easy to use, 14 Nov 2013
Jo Bunker (London, England) - See all my reviews
This belt is just perfect for my gym workouts and brisk walks. It is really comfortable! The first time I had it on I kept checking it was still there, as it felt so light. My iphone 4S has a rubber cover, and I was worried I'd have to take this off for it to fit, but no, the phone (and cover) slips comfortably into the belt. An elastic band at the end secures the fit. The clear screen is easy to read, and I can easily tilt it up to see and navigate with touch control. There are 3 tiny holes in one end of the pocket to plug a headphone wherever your connection is, or you can run the headphone out the end where the 'tunebelt' blue logo is (as I did). A separate credit card size pocket with velcro seal is tucked behind the phone pocket and holds my ID, credit card and some cash. Well worth the money, and far more user friendly and comfortable than the armband I had before. Great piece of kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than an armband!, 17 July 2013
Mrs. Carol A. Mills (UK) - See all my reviews
We bought this for my husband for Fathers Day and he was very pleased with it. It is better than an armband as they tend to slip down. His i-phone is nicely secured within the case. Very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Far better than an armband, 19 Jun 2013
Brilliant product, far better than an arm band and offers comfort and security for money and keys. Wouldn't run without it now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good alternative to arm and wrist straps, 2 Mar 2013
Mr. Laurence Wesson (Sanderstead, Surrey United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I wondered whether this would be less comfortable than an arm strap. I chose it because the idea of displaying my iphone running around South London streets t dusk didn't appeal. I heard somewhere that 300 phones are stolen every day in London; not sure if that's true, but I decided not to take the risk so wear the belt under my tee shirt. It looks a bit like a colostomy bag, which should put most people off trying to snatch it.
It's easy to tighten and the phone (iphone 4s) doesn't bounce around too much, so I quickly forget I'm wearing it. The material is soft enough to be comfortable enough for the 30 minute runs I do; might be a bit uncomfortable over a marathon distance. The key pouch in the back is an added bonus that I'd not considered before buying. You can use the controls through the plastic, but it's a bit fiddly and I've taken to removing the phone near the end of my run to stop the stopwatch.
I have a neoprene jacket on the phone which makes it awkward to slide in and out, so I've taken to removing it before putting the phone in the belt. The phone is very secure, I don't think there's any danger of it falling out.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›