5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing piece of kit
Published on 6 Jan 2009 by B. Gruner

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not stand up to repeated use, will not last long.
I absolutely loved this product when I first purchased it, but fell out of love with it quite quickly.

Published on 12 Mar 2009 by Les W

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing piece of kit, 6 Jan 2009
B. Gruner (Somerset, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kenwood Multi Pro FP730 Food Processor, White (Kitchen & Home)
I am no chef, would hardly call myself a cook, but this piece of gadgetry blew me away. I did some research before buying a food processor, ended up with this one, and wouldn't give it back for money! The only downside is the bewildering mountain of accessories coming with it, which now needs a store room of its own! Some items (i.e. juicer) you might never need. Others won't have a day of rest now in my kitchen. Top of that list: the mini bowl! Can shred minute amounts of spices or garlic without liquidising them... or leaving big chunks to chew on! Despite the plethora of add-ons... the machine itself is amazingly compact, got rubber suction feet (very stable and very quiet) and sits unassumingly on the worktop until the next work-out. I find myself changing recipes just so I have another ingredient that might need cutting, shredding, grating or else :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Witchin' in the Kitchen, 1 Sep 2010
Had you told me 2 months ago that I'd be the sort of woman who'd get excited over a piece of kitchen equipment, I'd have given you a Very Withering Look. I have, since the purchase of this FP730, seen the light and I cannot sing the praises of this bit of kit highly enough. We now have fresh bread every other day. The biscuit tin is always full. The freezer is full of lusciously liquidised soups. The coleslaw verily overfloweth. The pastry(which I'd never previously dared to make by hand, as I was led to believe that only the properly initiated had access to the arcane knowledge that provides perfection)was a doddle! Pizza crust - yup. I now refuse to buy anything ready made, as I have, with my whizzy electric cauldron, fully embraced my Domestic Goddess.

5.0 out of 5 stars A practical piece of equipment, 11 Dec 2007
Wynne Kelly "Kellydoll" (Coventry, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I am delighted with my new Multi Pro Food Processor. The powerful motor makes the preparation of vegetables so easy. Great for liquidising soups or making smoothies. I use my food processor most days so I need something that is easy to assemble, use, wash and store. Especially like the suction feet as they keep the machine safely in place.

Instruction leaflet is very clear and there is a recipe book that I know I will use.

I do wonder why manufacturers feel the need to try to include quite so many attachments. I haven't used the juice extractor as I know from previous experience with other machines that it will simply not be up to the job. If you want a juice extractor you need to buy a dedicated machine just for that. So rather than fill up my kitchen cupboards the juice extractor has been packed away.

Very pleased with my purchase - a neat practical piece of equipment. Plan to buy my daughter one for Christmas!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic piece of kit!, 19 Feb 2009
Since buying this processor as part of our 'health drive' after Christmas we simply haven't looked back!

It is great for all sorts of things, from making smoothies and soups in the blender, to making sauces, dips and grating/chopping in the processor (grates a sweet potato in c.5 seconds!).

The only downside is the amount of bits that come with it - it would help if they at least fitted together for storage, but they don't. We now have a cupboard almost completely dedicated to the food processor!

Finally, it doesn't look too bad, so the base unit just sits out on the worktop rather than finding room to store it with the attachments.

If you are looking to buy a food processor, I would say 100% buy this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars A LOT for your Money, 8 Nov 2010
I bought this after an awful lot of research. I wanted something that was well made and that would not break the bank. The fact that this particular product also came with a blender jug was something I saw as a bonus rather than a neccesity.

I turned up in a HUGE box and had a serious amount of attachments with it that I had not really expected to use - I wanted something with the usual cutting blade, shredding discs and cutting discs. What I got with those were a juicer, a centrifugal juicer, a dough blade, whisk, maxi blend canopy, mini processor bowl, spatula, herb/coffee bean grinder and the blender I mentioned earlier as well as a storage drum for most of the accesories.

Build quality is very good and the machine is pretty stable with a full blend bowl at high speed. The blender and processor bowls are of a high grade plastic and well finished. Likewise the plastic base that houses the motor controls is sturdy and well made and even has an onboard cord and plug storage facility which is a nice touch.

I have so far used every attachment except for the dough tool and the centrifugal juicer - I have suprised myself at just how usefull most of the extra attachments that I never considered I would use have actually been.

If you are considering this as either a first purchase of a food processor or a replacement for an existing product then I really do not think you can go far wrong.

4.0 out of 5 stars Needed a replacement quickly, 12 Dec 2010
Had had my previous food processor for about 15 years, when it broke, and as that make no longer available, decided Kenwood would be a fairly safe bet and, having read the reviews, decided on this model. Pleased with size, as it takes up less space on worktop than my previous model. Agree with other reviewers that bowl, etc. doesn't seem particularly strong, but easy to assemble and use. Flex store fiddly and inclined not to bother. Pity all small attachments don't fit in storage container. Regularly make soup and found main bowl and blade do not make it smooth enough for my taste which my previous model did, so the second time used the blender which was excellent. Does mean more washing up though! As usual with this type of appliance, there was a pile of attachments which will never be used and were just put to back of cupboard. Hadn't realised there was also a small bowl for lesser quantities and also bought a Kenwood Mini Chopper which gave to someone else for present as didn't think I would need it, but subsequently ended up buying another one, as the small bowl goes inside the large one, and when I used it for breadcrumbs,they sprayed out into the big bowl so ended up washing that as well anyway. Find the pulse setting too fast, probably equivalent to a 6/7, and so tend to use speed setting 1 or 2 for chopping veg.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not stand up to repeated use, will not last long., 12 Mar 2009

I had a Kenwood Food Processor for 20 years, it was a regular workhorse and provided me with fantastic results, so when it was time to get a new one in August 2008, I automatically went for a Kenwood again, and chose this model as it had a large capacity and lots of attachments.

I bitterly regret it now. The reason why is not because of the processing ability or speed, it is because the bowls and jugs are made out of some kind of flimsy plastic that cracks and breaks with repeated use. I have already had to replace the bowl because it was dropped (onto carpet!) and shattered like a wineglass. The jug and bowl lid are riddled with cracks now, and will not last much longer.
I am not especially heavy handed or clumsy, I managed to get my previous Kenwood to last for years and years. I think there is a major design flaw in this product, or maybe a ploy by the manufacturers to make us buy replacement bowls and jugs (which are not cheap by the way).

I would not recommend this product. Avoid.

5.0 out of 5 stars really good value for money, 19 Nov 2007
Bought this processor after trying another brand (that I threw away within months from frustration). Fantastic a processor that does what it is reuired and very well too. Chopes well and the end product does not look like it was ripped apart. Pastry brilliant, just don't add to much water. Nice neat motor unit with sucker feet so it does not vibrate, motor not to noisy, compared to some other brands. Very easy to use, assemble and clean, and the cord storage is an added bonus.
Basically for the money it does all that the more expensive processors do, if you want a processor that's practical and not bothered about the colour, it's brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase, 2 Oct 2008
I've given this five stars because it is a fantastic bit of kit and they give you a hell of a lot of accessories to go with it. It's gone up 19 since I bought it. But it is a good buy if you will use all the accessories that come with it. I've only made a carrot cake so only the basic items are needed - you have to ask yourselves if you really need all the extras or is a 40 version adequate. No problems at all with Kenwood I've got pretty much all I need. The graters are good and I mght try the chipper to go with my new Deep Fat Fryer. Oven chips stink!

4.0 out of 5 stars a good solid product, 1 May 2009
I too shopped around but after reading the reviews I went ahead and purchased this model. I am very happy with it. I needed to buy as my Moulinex Oratio eventually stopped working and I'm guessing the motor had gone. From day one this had been a cheap and nasty product requiring holding together with gaffer tape. It was not cheap and lasted 7 years of not excessive use. So am thrilled to receive this new model which has an altogether more solid and sure feel to it and nice to look at. I agree with someone else's opinion of the whisk - a bit on the flimsy side but quite adequate for meringue and light fluids - would not stand up to mash potato like a hand whisk would. My only gripe would be the number of accessories which even with the holder takes up much room in a cupboard but they are all good quality. Does anyone really ever use a juicer or am I just a peasant? Certainly as good as Magimix and very good value. Would recommend unreservedly.

Kenwood Multi Pro FP730 Food Processor, White