5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but effective
I purchased one of these (elsewhere) and used it to set up a satellite dish for freesat.
Published on 20 April 2009 by rattus

1.0 out of 5 stars No Jumper cable
The meter comes with foreign language instructions and no jumper cable. I cannot find anywhere where a jumper cable can be purchased. Without a jumber cable the meter is useless
Published 16 months ago by Mitch

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but effective, 20 April 2009
After a little research on the web I found the advice that if you aim your dish to east then slowly turn your dish to the south, the first signal you get is Astra 28.2E. Turn your dish slowly and when you get the highest reading, turn the knob until the pointer is at 5 and keep turning the dish back and forth until you again get the highest reading (if need be, turn the knob down to read 5 again and repeat until the needle will go no higher)then tighten the nut(s) / bolt(s). Do this again but on the vertical adjustment and you are set up nicely.
It took me about 2 minutes to align and on most channels I get 100% on signal strength and quality.
A handy gadget to have that's easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little device., 1 Nov 2008
I ordered my Konig sat finder from NetGadgets who are family run business so unsurprisingly my order arrived quickly, well packed and was identical to the one i viewed online. It came complete with flylead for easy connection inline between the lnb and sky box (the device is marked up clearly on the back which end goes where). I had watched a few demos on youtube prior to buying one of these and thought how easy it looked and it really is as easy as it looks. I first connected it to the sky box, this was when i realised the display on the meter lights up (note your sky box does not need to be switched on, it just needs to be plugged in to the mains). At this point you can zero in the meter by turning the dial until the needle just about falls to zero and the constant tone you can hear cuts out (if you have ever used a squelch control on a cb radio, well this is just the same). I connected the other end to the lnb and moved the dish up, down, left, right (you know roughly where to aim by looking at your neighbours dish) very slowly until i found the position which gave the highest reading and tightened up the bolts on the bracket taking care that the dish did not move. Its as easy as that if you can fit a normal tv aerial then with the help of one of these you should be able to fit a satellite dish.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb for the money, 2 Sep 2009
I have a dish that hasn't been used in about 10 years, so when I recently purchased a humax HDR and quad LNB and found the signal not quite strong enough, I needed a sat meter to re-align it. I bought one of these as I had read some good reviews on it. I was a Sky fitter/Senior Engineer for over 10 years so I didn't need the instructions, but I can confirm they are in english, after less than 5 minutes I had the dish re-aligned perfectly. As a bonus this meter also has a TONE indicating the signal level, a lot easier to align a dish with than using the needle scale when up a ladder. The kit also includes a patch lead to connect to the dish. Even if you might not use it again (who knows what storms may come in Winter!) buy one for peace of mind, calling out a technician to do the job would cost over 60!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful once you know the correct procedure..., 29 May 2012
Emmster "the book wurme" (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Konig Satfinder Satellite Installation Tool (Electronics)
I had some trouble aligning my dish at first; mostly due to holding a compass, a wrench, myself and my dish, all at the top of a ladder.
After a couple of false starts, some swearing and a near-death experience I took to the internet to find a better way.
I live in Hampshire, England and the procedure that got me results was thus:

0. Attach Konig satellite finder.
1. point dish due east (horizontal adjustment) and vaguely into the sky (vertical adjustment)
2. Turn dish slowly southwards until satellite finder beeps.
3. Turn down the gain until the satellite finder needle is on/around the 5db mark.
4. Turn dish slowly backwards and forwards in the horizontal plane until you find the strongest signal.
5. Tighten the horizontal adjustment.
6. Repeat step 4 but adjust the dish in the vertical plane.

Takes about 5 minutes to do it properly this way and my signal strength (as measured on my Humax FoxSat PVR) is 95%.

So with the right technique this little gadget did the job perfectly. I only hope that when the time comes for a repeat (the dish has been up for a few years now) I can find it again in all my junk.

1.0 out of 5 stars No Jumper cable, 2 Mar 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Basic but effective., 23 Nov 2009
Biff - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Basically it does what its meant to do.

Simply connect one end to your LNB, the other to your receiver and away you go.

The audio signal is a godsend as you dont have to move the dish and look at the display at the same time. Just slowly move the dish and find the position with the highest signal and you're done.

It really was very easy. Took less than 5 minutes to set my dish in the right direction.

I did find that I had to have my Humax receiver turned on for this to work - having it in standby mode didnt seem to provide power to the sat finder.

The instructions are clear and easy to follow.

3.0 out of 5 stars Instructions, 26 Jun 2013
This review is from: Konig Satfinder Satellite Installation Tool (Electronics)
It would be a good tool if the instructions were in English instead of German as I cannot read German

3.0 out of 5 stars Was ist das ?, 15 Feb 2013
F. Anderson - See all my reviews
This review is from: Konig Satfinder Satellite Installation Tool (Electronics)
Anweisung sind auf Deutsch. so, wenn Sie dieses Ihr lesen können, seien Sie okay. instructions are in German!!. guess ill have to sus it out ( it says . if you can read this then youll be okay )

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and easy, 13 Sep 2009
N. Hamilton - See all my reviews
This is so easy to use, so simple, so quick even I could use it!
Attach one end, with the supplied piece of cable, to the satellite dish and the other end connects to the cable from your receiver(they are both clearly marked which end is which on the Konig). Turn your receiver on, move the dish roughly in the right direction, the Konig's needle moves across the scale at the same time as a rising tone indicating where the strongest signal is. In a nutshell that is it. Simple.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't try to fix your dish without one!, 2 Dec 2009
N. Ward (UK) - See all my reviews
This is a very good device at a bargain price, and very easy to use. The instructions are clear, no batteries are required (power comes from your freesat box) - you just plug in and go. The meter dial lights up (useful in short winter days)and the audible signal makes final positioning a doddle - just tweak the brackets to get the highest pitch and tighten up. Don't try to fix your dish without one!