on 1 April 2009
Getting to handle the Morphy Richards Jet Stream Elite was like getting to tame wild beast. This was my first steam generator, and I admit I am now 'converted' to the steaming cause, but with reservations. The descaling cartridge is a great idea, although it doesn't stop the Jet Stream from coughing up dirty un-descaled water when it is switched on. There are a few exciting moments waiting to see if it will vomit out everything it has - even though you will have just filled it up with clean water, or whether it will cheekily hold back and wait for you to place it on your crisp white shirt - its a 50 50 chance.

If not being a gambling kind of guy didn't end the whole emotional attachment for me, it was when the Jet Stream decided to start pumping out steam from the bottom of its base - yes - the base not the iron. The benefit of this is of course it won't pump dirty water all over my shirt, instead it will start leaking it out of the base. The downside to this whole unhappy incident is of course - virtually no steam coming out of the actual iron. I've only had it for about 9 months and now judging from the rubbish spitting out of every hole, it's on its deathbed. Seeing the leaking from the side and bottom of the base I'm also very nervous that there is water in places inside the base in areas that simply shouldn't be exposed. Rather than risk electrocution, and now that it is practically useless, I'm in the market for a steam generator that works properly and lasts! I admit - I beaten.
on 4 October 2009
I totally agree with previous review about water spitting out and get so annoyed when ironing black garments as it leaves white streaks. I have never used tap water and always bought bottled water. I am now on my 3rd steam generator, and have finally given up. Just changed the anti scale cartridge, (bought from Morphy richards website) and now it will not let the steam through. Although I love my steam generator, I will NOT be buying another Morphy Richards at nearly £100 a time I am going to look for another model, and hopefully get a better result. Come on Morphy Richards get your act together.