5.0 out of 5 stars Great lead

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointing experience
Published on 14 Nov 2011 by dog walker

5.0 out of 5 stars Great lead, 3 Oct 2011
A. Douglas (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Ferplast Flippy Tech Retractable Lead Tape, Medium, Black (Misc.)
I got this for my frenchie and have a harness in the same make. The extension on this is perfect as you don't want your dog to be able to wander off too far. There is a lock button so that you can either let the extension work on lock it at a certain length. I found that the size of this was perfect for me. I have medium hands and found the grip just right. I have to say though a man with large hands might find it a bit small to hold.

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointing experience, 14 Nov 2011
There is a problem with the design of this lead. It is in 2 halves which overlap, and the lead becomes trapped between them. I reported this to the sellers, and they agreed to replace the lead if it had not been chewed by my dog. I returned it to Surepets as they requested, at my expense, but received no reply. After chasing up Surepets they said there was scuffing to the body ( but no mention of chewing) so they would not replace it despite their earlier offer. I will not be using Surepets again as I feel they have delayed dealing with my request for replacement unreasonably, and have manufactured a reason for not fulfilling thier promise, in the hope that I will not pursue my claim.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor, 23 Jan 2011
J. birkett (England) - See all my reviews
This lead did not last long
The mechanism stopped re-winding after only a few uses
Should have sent it back but had disposed of the packaging etc

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable to hold and light weight, 6 Jun 2011
I bought this as I have a current extendable lead that is a cord not a tape which gives me rope burns when I grab it when my ratbag of a terrier runs at othe dogs bikes his own shadow etc... this lead has a flat tape that makes it like a standard lead which is easy to hold on to with out hurting youyrself, it's lightweight and comfortble to hold, I would like it to be longer but heyho! I can take my dog and 1 year old out for a walk without losing the dog and having to run with baby under my arm!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, 4 May 2013
Martin Gibbons (Richmond, U.K.) - See all my reviews
My dog didn't chew this lead, he BIT through the thin nylon cord. It is supposed to be a dog lead, it is absolutely not up to the task. If your dog has teeth then DON'T BUY THIS PIECE OF JUNK.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the perfect size, 22 Sep 2011
Ideal leash for my Westie who kicks up a lot of mud and grass whilst we are out walking, means I can stay clear and not get covered in dirt!

2.0 out of 5 stars really disapointed, 3 Jan 2012
I bought a ferplast tape lead after having a cord lead because of a number of burns recieved by the catching myself with the cord. The tape is a much safer type of lead but the Ferplast quality is poor. The first one I purchased lasted about 2 months as I slightly caught the tape on a fence and soon after that the tape frayed. As this was my mistake I ordered another but the next one has only lasted 5 weeks and has split where the tape meets the handle. It is quite noisy when the cord comes in and out and also somtimes the gear slips if the dog pulls a little which can be dangerous if near traffic. I have contacted Ferplast but as of yet not got a responce. i have just bought a new lead made by Flexi which is so much better, smoother, quieter and no slipping of the gear, l am really pleased with the new lead. It cost double the price but is worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flippy Dog Lead, 21 Sep 2010
Mrs. J. Scobbie (uk) - See all my reviews
Very pleased with product. Had previously tried other brands which broke in no time but very happy with quality of this product. Well recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 22 Sep 2011
Mrs. C. M. Macglashan "Kate MacGlashan" (Nairn, Highland, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Excellent product and speedy delivery. No more tangling of cord when my little dog decides to take off round a bush!

2.0 out of 5 stars RETRACTABLE LEAD, 29 Oct 2013
Mrs. M. A. Nelson "MAGS" (GLASGOW SCOTLAND) - See all my reviews
NOT WORTH BUYING -YOUNG PUP -( COLLIE/ STAFFIE X) PULLED -THE TAPE GOT CAUGHT IN THE SEAM ON THE CASE -HAD GREAT DIFFICULTY GETTING TAPE OUT- HAD TO PUT MASKING TAPE OVER SEAM ON THE CASE THEN INTERNAL SPRING BROKE AND THE CORD AT THE CLIP TO CATCH ON TO THE COLLAR SNAPPED -WOULD HELP IF A BAR OR SEAL WAS PUT AT THE OPENING TO PREVENT THE TAPE FROM SNAGGING IN THE CASE SEAM AND THE CORD ATTACHED TO THE CLIP FOR THE COLLAR WAS STRONGER