5.0 out of 5 stars This will surprise you!
I recently received this as a present, and ever cynical as I am, decided to see if I could crack this "guess what I'm thinking" game. I was convinced that Nuclear Submarine would be enough to confuse it, but it got it!

Published on 3 Dec 2007 by Mr. A. Sands

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as version 1!
I've bought a few version 1s for my friends and been amazed at the accuracy of 20Q, but don't like version 2 at all. The questions are far less specific , logical and clever - when I was thinking of a coin it asked if it was shiny and then does it shine. It's just not as good at guessing as V1.
Published on 7 Dec 2007 by Ms. H. Vickers

5.0 out of 5 stars This will surprise you!, 3 Dec 2007
Mr. A. Sands "Sandsman" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: 20Q Version 2 (Toy)

Pretty much 90% of the things I was thinking of, it managed to guess after the second attempt. The remainder predominantly being items of a more adult-nature which I wouldn't imagine to be included in a kids/family toy!

With regards to educational value, the 20Q ball forces the user to think about the item they are thinking of, and whether it qualifies for the statement it is asking. For instance, is a Nuclear Submarine round? Does it float? Is Plutonium smooth, etc.

This is a perfect present for Xmas, as the whole family can get involved and come up with items for the 20Q to guess. It will also cause unexpected laughter when the ball suggests it's first answer, which is usually far-removed from the item you are thinking of! It's cheap enough to warrant itself being a stocking filler, but what a stocking filler it is!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's amazing!, 27 Oct 2007
This review is from: 20Q Version 2 (Toy)
This really is the toy this Christmas/ New Year! I was thinking of a pig... it's like it snatched the answer out of my head! It's a really great toy and it kept me and my friends amused for agggggeeeessss! I love it!
It's such a great price too as it's adults and kids it entertains!
I really recommend it!
Thanks for reading

4.0 out of 5 stars Clever stuff ?, 11 Oct 2007
D. Coleman (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 20Q Version 2 (Toy)
Think of an item , even something obscure, keep it to yourself, and after questioning somehow this little tecno brain thing normally manages to come up with the right answer, presumably by some process of elimination. Ok, so I'm easily impressed, but for such a low priced gadget it is quite remarkable. Looks well made too. It will keep children and adults amused for ages and beats I spy hands down in the car. I can thoroughly recommend this fun toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars It can read your mind - most of the time!, 30 Nov 2007
Jennywren (Horsham, Sussex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 20Q Version 2 (Toy)
This would be a good stocking filler for the person who is hard to buy for! I bought one for my 9 year old last Christmas and we are all still picking it up and being amazed at how well it guesses the most obscure things, such as a race horse! A great low price gift, and good for long car journeys too.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as version 1!, 7 Dec 2007
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for keeping kids amused on long journeys!, 1 Jan 2007
Harrassed Mum (Buckinghamshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 20Q Version 2 (Toy)
It's great for amusing parents too! My daughter recieved this (gift wrapped from Amazon!) for Christmas, she has played it endlessly and is still not bored with it. On a 200 mile journey it kept the whole family amused trying to catch it out!

All you need to do is think of an object or thing and answer the questions which are scrolled on the little screen. A very simple but clever idea, very well executed.

Endless fun in a handsized package! We recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, good value, 27 Nov 2007
This review is from: 20Q Version 2 (Toy)
This is a nifty little toy. I bought this, not expecting much and this toy exceeded my expectations. It's fun and the artificial intelligence in it is surprisingly good. 9 times out of 10, the gadget got the right answer. It only gets it wrong if you chose esoteric animals or plants but even then its answers are in the right ball park. Not terribly educational but so what? Not every toy has to be about learning something all the time. I'd say it's well worth the money and great fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amaze the Adults, 25 Nov 2007
J. Chippindale (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: 20Q Version 2 (Toy)
I know that these are aimed at children, but it amused and amazed me never mind a young child. It is a good item because you can play it by yourself if you wish (as long as you stick to the item you initially thought of and don't change your mind or cheat). Although, admittedly it is much better if someone else has the task of thinking of something and then you ultimately amaze them by telling them what they were thinking of in the first place.

Eventually you begin to realise how a small electronic item achieves its amazing results but even when you do it still continues to amuse and amaze. It is based on elimination process but as I said even when you suss it out it is still quite clever.

Can be played in the car, on the train, watching television, in fact virtually anywhere and is good value for money. Another plus is that it takes up no room at all and kept be kept in a drawer. Heaven, no lost bits or obstacle courses for the parents to overcome.

5.0 out of 5 stars It CAN mind read!, 23 Feb 2008
Mrs. T. Newton "Sassy Brit" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: 20Q Version 2 (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
From the moment little purple baby was delivered, I knew we were going to be special friends. He boasts that not only can he read my mind, he can do it in 20 questions or under. All I have to do is think of an "every day" object and he will ask me simple questions in order to help ascertain the secret thing I am hiding in the deep recesses of my mind. But this cocky little creep doesn't stop there. Oh, no. He also boasts that I will never win, but would tell me the rules just to be fair. If it had a face it would be smirking.

First he asks me to press the "New Game'' button, and then whether the object is Animal?...Vegetable?...or Mineral? From then on, all I have to do is answer a series of questions without cheating, and to consider my options, "Yes", "No'', ''Sometimes'', or ''unknown", seriously. At the end of the twenty questions he will take a guess, and heaven forbid if he gets it wrong, he will ask for five more then guess again. But you don't have to allow this, if you think he is trying to cheat. Ultimately, if his guesses are wrong, you win. Fat chance, sucker.

I liked this. It dumbfounded everyone I showed this to, which can be a blessing in disguise. There were shrieks, squeals and gasps of both horror and delight, as this little beauty strutted his stuff and didn't fail to amaze eager victims. If you think being human makes you smarter than him, you'd better prepare yourself for some fast backtracking when you're made to look the loser, repeatedly! What I didn't like is that I could not put it down. The novelty never wears off and it is so damn right all the time it is impossible to foil. Almost. I have to say I won once or twice, but only because I cheated and kept moving the goalposts, making it awkward for him. Even then he STILL seemed to know, as he checked for sure that I wasn't exaggerating the truth. Which I did, but just to see what happened. Purely for reviewing purposes only, of course. One needs to be thorough.

But it's plastic? It's the most idiotic thing you have heard of. It runs on batteries? Well, you don't think any living thing would be this clever do you? Within minutes it will have you on your knees pulling out your hair, wondering just how it can be so superior. Yet, perversely, you'll adore and treasure him for the same reason. He never ceases to amaze and you'll crave "just one more go" in a futile effort to beat him at his own game. Yes, he is addictive. Once you start there is no going back. You'll be begging for a patch to wear to wean yourself off this tantalising time-wasting toy. What I think would have made this even better is for him to have a face, a more personal look, or to be like a pet, with a Tamagotchi feel, however, that is just my idea, and not to be confused with a complaint.

It's educational too, in that it teaches kids critical thinking skills, evaluation strategies, and encourages them to apply their own knowledge and language skills in a way they don't know they are learning.

20Q is one scary ball of fun, and if you really can't take any more of his gloating, and can manage to set him aside, after 60 seconds he will go into sleep mode and automatically shut down to rest his brain. Do not be fooled. He is only refreshing himself so when he's caught up on his "intelligence sleep" he is raring to thrash you again. Big time!

You'll never have another dinner prepared on time again. And bedtimes can be a bit of a problem, with his built in light there's just no putting him down. Oh, and the kids love him. He is especially useful on long car journeys. And to be honest, when I am driving is their only chance.

Sassy Brit
January 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars This game is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 27 Mar 2008
Mr. Paul C. Hay "Game Fan" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 20Q Version 2 (Toy)
I bought this game about a month ago and have not put it down. It has so many options such as is it an animal, vegetable, mineral, object or unknown? It has an option to use a backlight and you can choose to use sound. The only thing that is slightly bad is that it asks the same questions when you select the category. Overall, I think this is a marvellous buy and it is great value for the price. I am so glad I bought it and I am sure my friends will be doing so soon.

ARRAY(0xa2214270)