5.0 out of 5 stars user friendly retractable leash
very user friendly, the handel comfortable and practical, good control, safe for both pet and person.
lightweight but sturdy, reasonably priced,
Published on 12 Feb 2012 by Al

3.0 out of 5 stars want to like but disappointed in durability
Published on 6 Jun 2012 by M

3.0 out of 5 stars want to like but disappointed in durability, 6 Jun 2012
I really liked this lead on purchase, the mechanism is much better than other types of flexi-leads (once you get used to the difference). However first we found that the point where the casing is joined together can be very sharp inside the handle. We have two dogs and with both their leads we have experienced cut/grazed knuckles from this, but more crucially after six months of use, one of the leads just clean broke - with the tape coming completely out of the casing when our dog got excited about the sight of a beach ahead. However she only weighs 12kg, although she does have a lot of strength I'm sure its nothing compared to a bigger dog and I would have expected the lead to cope with this.
I would ideally like to replace the lead with one with a similar mechanism but want a lead I can trust.

5.0 out of 5 stars user friendly retractable leash, 12 Feb 2012
lightweight but sturdy, reasonably priced,

5.0 out of 5 stars Dog Lead, 6 Feb 2011
This product is well worth buying. We have had hours of fun with our 6 mnth old running about. He's very strong but this product can cope no problems. It's well made and says that it can be used with dogs up to 60kgs. One useful feature is that the tape never drags along the floor to tangle the dogs legs as it automatically retracts. Would recommend to anyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality clip, 26 Oct 2011
This product appears to be good quality, however is let down by the cheap and nasty cast swivel collar clip which fractured after only a few walks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 9 May 2011
This review is from: Ferplast Flippy Controller Tape, Retractable Dog Lead, Black, Medium (Misc.)
This retractable dog lead does what it says it does. It is sturdy, strong and easy to use (once I got the hang of it as it was the opposite mechanism to previous leads). Ruby and I are well pleased!

1.0 out of 5 stars Pic Looks GREAT but V Dissapointing, 18 May 2012
J. Goodwin (bristol uk) - See all my reviews
Hi

I got one of these after ages of research etc

Very dissapointed, its just not for a large dog!! As soon as I got it out of the box I knew it wasnt going to be good enough. Its brittle and flimsy really not very well made. The size was most shocking, really quite small for a lead which is intended for big dogs...

If I were you Ide get the Flexi 8m

1.0 out of 5 stars Not great, 29 Nov 2011
Really disappointed with this lead. The recoil is very weak which means it trails on the floor and gets caught up in the dog's legs a lot, and after a week it all but stopped drawing in the last meter of the lead at all. This means I can no longer use it as the lead needs to be at its shortest for crossing roads etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars g8 value 4 £, 4 Nov 2012
great product we have a husky 5 months old, he pulls like a train and the handle allows comfort and secure holding also tape goes in and out smoothly ,a must for all caring dog owners.........

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value., 27 Oct 2011
This lead is good value for what it is. It is strong and looks tidy. The tape line rather than a cord is great as the tapes are much more reliable and strong - they are also easier for dogs to see so less risk of others running into it etc.
The only thing I would say is that the latch works in the opposite way to how you would expect. Ie: when you press the button up is allows the lead to stretch out. When you bring the button backwards it locks the lead at that length. So if your dog takes off after a squirrel your instinct is the press the button to stop them....that just lets them go!!
I've got used to it now and it's fine though. They also sent a free gift of a poo bag carrier - considerately in the same colour as the lead. Nice touch. I would recommend this lead to a friend.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lasted two days, 11 Jan 2011
P. J. Bailey (uk) - See all my reviews
Very springy tape which came apart in just two walks, if this part was made better then it would be ok.