5.0 out of 5 stars Just use freezer packs!
Published on 12 Nov 2011 by Smithy

3.0 out of 5 stars tumble dryer
thought it would be a bit better than I read about but not bad for the price
Published on 24 Jun 2009 by edward heath

5.0 out of 5 stars Just use freezer packs!, 12 Nov 2011
This review is from: Tumble Dryer Condenser (Kitchen & Home)
You need to place ice in the bottom of this for it to draw the steam. You can either freeze water in the inner trays if you are only an occasional user that is fine, however if like me, you often have a few loads to do together just buy a few freezer blocks that - that you use in ice boxes, from the pound shop and replace as needed. I just put my hand on the side and if still cold keep going.

With this kit I can use it in my rental house, with no external venting and not end up with a mouldy house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed, 14 April 2010
This review is from: Tumble Dryer Condenser (Kitchen & Home)
I was very sceptical about buying this product as the reviews seem to be either 5* or 1*, however, it was money well spent. Our tumble dryer is being temporarily located in the dining room which has no windows (only a door) for the outlet. Before buying this, I had run the dryer twice and both times the room became completely steamed up. Using this product, there is no steam at all although the room does still get pretty warm. Maybe it works better because our dining room is probably a bigger room than some kitchens? It is a bit of a pain to have to rinse, re-fill and re-freeze the blocks after each use but for us, as a 6-month temporary solution it's perfect.

3.0 out of 5 stars tumble dryer, 24 Jun 2009
thought it would be a bit better than I read about but not bad for the price

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed., 31 Aug 2008
C. Mcloughlin - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tumble Dryer Condenser (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this product despite some negative feedback.... My expectations weren't high, however, this product has proved itself worthy of the money spent. It was easy to assemble and worked perfectly - NO steam escaped into my kitchen. The dryer I have is low energy on half heat so I'm not sure if this is why it worked so effectively (?less steam). The only small problem I have is availability of spare ice boxes..... I am yet to hear from the manufacturer about where spares can be obtained in the UK. I would however, still recommend this product.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's not a permanent solution but will do as a temporary measure, 26 Mar 2010
A. Walter (Hertford UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tumble Dryer Condenser (Kitchen & Home)
We have two of these - one in France as the utility room wall is 1m thick and I haven't got round to making a hole for the vent pipe - we bought another in the UK because we've just moved the tumble dryer to a place where we can't put a vent. While it's not brilliant will do as a temporary measure. You will get condensation on walls and doors, especially if the room is cold, but it's nothing compared to what you get without one! It would be better if it came with two sets of ice holders so you could use one while freezing another - if we want to do two successive loads we have to resort to using picnic style ice packs for the second. It could also do with a bigger or more flexible hole in the top as our UK vent pipe is too large to go right inside and therefore more steam leaks out. The second one arrived with a crack in the base and leaked water the first time we used it but it's easier to glue it than go through the rigmarole of asking for a replacement.

There - that has to be the longest review of a small plastic box full of ice there has ever been. It's ok as a stop gap but if you want long-term, buy a condensing dryer like we're about to!

1.0 out of 5 stars It works which is a positive., 23 May 2010
This review is from: Tumble Dryer Condenser (Kitchen & Home)
Well what can I say...it certainly isn't worth the money.

What do you get..a shallow container and a coloured top with grills (it isn't a closed unit).It's like Dr who's Tardis inside out.Big and bulky outside with little room inside.

You see those two trays...they have to be filled with Ice.

To be fair all makes are pretty similar and function the same way..but for the price others are better shaped.

If I'm truthfull....wouldn't pay more than £5.

It is a glorified margarine tub with some ice in...if you need it sturdy you could use a bucket and cling film.It's the interaction with the ice that stops steam from getting out.

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 10 Feb 2009
This review is from: Tumble Dryer Condenser (Kitchen & Home)
This item was totally useless. I followed the instructions, turned my tumble dryer on and left the room, i went back in 30min later and the room was full of steam. Steam was pouring out of the unit. I really do not recomend this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Buy, 13 Nov 2007
D. Smith "DAXS" (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tumble Dryer Condenser (Kitchen & Home)
Do not buy this as it simply does not work. I followed the instructions to the letter and on three uses found my utility room full of steam with water all over the floor. I have now returned to the trusted method of feeding the hose out through the back door.

5.0 out of 5 stars no need for open windows, 8 Jan 2011
This review is from: Tumble Dryer Condenser (Kitchen & Home)
I purchased this as my mum has one and swares by it. Have used when tumble dryer was in kitchen and when in box room upstairs. Have also used with just cold water in it as run out of ice but needed the window open just a little. Would highly recomend

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 5 Sep 2010
This review is from: Tumble Dryer Condenser (Kitchen & Home)
It does the job but a lot of messing in having to freeze the blocks before use

Tumble Dryer Condenser