5.0 out of 5 stars Not the same as the US release.
I will not further expand on what has already been said about this wonderful cartoon. However, I would like to point out that this is a different version to the one sold in the US.

Published on 16 April 2009 by Slide Away

1.0 out of 5 stars AVOID! Missing 7 episodes! Buy the region 1 version instead!
Unfortunately now that we know what episodes are being released on the Second and Third Collections, it's now evident Disney UK have totally skipped the following 7 episodes:

-The Curse of Castle McDuck
Published 21 months ago by Blackiecats

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Not the same as the US release., 16 April 2009
This review is from: DuckTales - First Collection [DVD] (DVD)

Some reviews here, list the collection as containing 27 episodes. This is incorrect. The US version does contain the 27 episodes mentioned (with a run time of 618 minutes). This UK version, contains only 20 episodes (with a run time of 460 minutes). I was quite disappointed when I received this, as I thought it was the same as the US release (with 27 episodes). The US version, which looks identical to this, is titled "Volume 1 - Episodes 1-27". This UK version is entitled "First Collection". Both sets contain 3 discs, however, as mentioned, The UK version does not have the same amount of episodes.

Despite my disappointment, I cannot fault Amazon UK as they did not mislead (it was the incorrect information in some reviews that that ultimately led to my disappointment). Therefore, I will not mark the score down, I am giving it 5 stars based on the cartoon itself.

The episodes included are:

4.0 out of 5 stars Ducktales!!!!, 8 Oct 2010
Tea Tango (London, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: DuckTales - First Collection [DVD] (DVD)
Its great to see a classic on dvd for once!
Some issues with it however are:
The picture quality isnt that great, yes i know its an old school tv show, but it hasnt been remastered or adjusted for widescreen really.

Cant wait for the rest of the collection.

And yes the UK version is different from the USA version (we lack 7 episodes!)

1.0 out of 5 stars AVOID! Missing 7 episodes! Buy the region 1 version instead!, 27 Oct 2012

-The Curse of Castle McDuck
-Launchpad's Civil War
-Sweet Duck of Youth
-Earthquack
-Home Sweet Homer
-Bermuda Triangle Tangle
-Microducks From Outer Space

These 7 episodes were available on the US region 1 version, but missed on this region 2 version. I'd recommend avoiding this DVD set completely and buying the region 1 version from a Amazon Marketplace Seller here: DUCKTALES 1

The Second and Third Collection sets out on 12th November are ok and contain the same episodes as their region 1 counterparts, so there is no need to buy those on region 1 (only the First Collection)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good collection, 3 July 2009
S. Otter "skurmedel" (Sweden) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DuckTales - First Collection [DVD] (DVD)
A very good package of REAL Disney adventures. This is what I watched when I was a kid, and it still is lovely even as I'm now much older. The only real complaint I have is that the audio gain is quite low, it could've done with some audio processing as I had to turn up my stereo quite alot.

Buy if you like the show.

2.0 out of 5 stars False Advertising!!!, 1 Nov 2012
This review is from: DuckTales - First Collection [DVD] (DVD)
I received Ducktales First Collection. It arrived extremely quickly, I am never dissappointed with delivery from Amazon UK. I am, however, EXTREMELY annoyed about the product description. It CLEARLY states that this set includes 61 episodes. This is INCORRECT. It in actuality only contains 20 episodes. This NEEDS to be fixed so some other person doesn't buy it thinking they are getting 3 times as much as what they really are.

NOT, HAPPY!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great classic kids entertainment, 28 Sep 2011
This review is from: DuckTales - First Collection [DVD] (DVD)
i remember watching ducktales as a kid...and even now it still keeps its entertainment value,i bought this for my daughter and she absolutely loves this box set and dances and sings to the still catchy theme tune,this boxset is great value for money with 3 discs and hours of classic cartoons guaranteed to keep the little ones happy for hours

4.0 out of 5 stars Ducktales boxset, 22 May 2010
This review is from: DuckTales - First Collection [DVD] (DVD)
Whilst I grew up watching Ducktales I was very disappointed upon buying the UK release of season 1 to discover that the first 5 episodes, including the pilot episode were missing. Whilst this is not amazon's fault, for some reason the dvd boxset here was produced to not include these episodes, I do wish I'd known before hand. However that can be credited to my own fault for not looking this up. Despite this, I still enjoyed the other episodes as it took me back. If you're willing to look past the missing episodes then it's definitely worth the buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ducktales, i missed you, 21 Feb 2007
N. Smith - See all my reviews
This review is from: DuckTales - First Collection [DVD] (DVD)
I was born in 85 so i grew up on cartoons like this, Ducktales, countduckula, thundercats etc so its very nostalgic to watch this again.

I feel like im 5 and its saturday morning.

Im so glad there releasing all these, for anyone who wants to feel young again you know you cant go qwrong. Who wants to grow old and grumpy anyway.:)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Cartoon, 14 April 2011
This review is from: DuckTales - First Collection [DVD] (DVD)
I watched this as a kid and I bought it for my toddlers. They are too young for the story lines and it looses their attention fast. Maybe they will enjoy when they are a little older? In the meantime I enjoy watching it remembering my childhood! =)

4.0 out of 5 stars Just how I remember the series!, 28 Jun 2010
This review is from: DuckTales - First Collection [DVD] (DVD)
Bought it for my kids. Still as good as I remember it from 20+ years ago. For the adventurous kids out there.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

DuckTales - First Collection [DVD]
DuckTales - First Collection [DVD] by Ducktales (DVD - 2007)
11.27