4.0 out of 5 stars A forgotten gem
Written and directed by Stallone I've always enjoyed this little curio. Made with an obvious affection for the time period this is an engaging and often funny movie which hinges on the three brothers at the heart of the tale.

Good performances all round and a theme tune sung by Stallone himself. Call me crazy but I think he signs it well.
Published 12 months ago by Matt

2.0 out of 5 stars "You gotta lot of style for somebody with pigeon crap on their shoulder, Cosmo."
In the days following Rocky, Stallone seemed torn between being a serious actor and making movies where he throws people around. With Paradise Alley he came up with what seemed like the perfect compromise - playing the fast-talking promoter-cum-trainer of someone who throws people around in this tale of three brothers trying to get out of Hell's Kitchen in the '40s when...
Published on 15 Sep 2010 by Trevor Willsmer

5.0 out of 5 stars PARADISE ALLEY (SYLVESTER STALLONE) NOT WELL KNOWN? UNDERRATED, 19 Aug 2013
This review is from: Paradise Alley [DVD] (DVD)
My husband and I love this film. An old favourite of ours which we just had to have on DVD. I don't think it is one of Sylvester Stallone's well known movies, which is a great shame as it is a good movie. Sylvester also sings a theme near the beginning? of the movie. My husband is not keen on the singing, but I personally love it. YES, I WOULD RECOMMEND IT.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cool - but only if you're already a big fan, 21 Dec 2008
This review is from: Paradise Alley [DVD] (DVD)
Stallone made this around the time of Rocky II and to be fair it has some pretty big flaws. Its not a great film and I think Sly was overcompensating for Rocky's personality with his performance in this film. Having said that - if you're a big Stallone fan - you HAVE to have this in your collection and its an enjoyable occasional watch.

1.0 out of 5 stars paradise alley, 17 Mar 2013
This review is from: Paradise Alley [DVD] (DVD)
poor attempt of silvester to be funny. poor story. i didnt like it but if you love him you may like it. i would not recommend it

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 5 April 2013
This review is from: Paradise Alley [DVD] (DVD)
One of my favourite films but this copy had very poor sound quality which totally spoiled my enjoyment this time around

4.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to give one at this stage, 19 Oct 2010
This review is from: Paradise Alley [DVD] (DVD)
So Sylvester is a slightly less tougher Rocky Balboa, in a way that he's applied the same kind of character for a different story, I think that's what people are trying to get at, isn't it? With the inclusion of people like Joe Spinell and the music by Bill Conti, there are some Rocky connections there, yes.
I know this is supposed to be a review of the movie, something of which I havn't seen yet, you could just call this an impression, nothing more, but it sounds as though it's a reasonable film, or perhaps a bit more than that.
Yes, it is a film I've always been curious about shall we say, and thanks yet again to Amazon's splendid service, I can now satisfy that curiousity. Therefore, I shall get back to you on this whole scenario at some point.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 14 Sep 2014
This review is from: Paradise Alley [DVD] (DVD)
Good movie but a bit dated

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 Oct 2014
Great game!

1.0 out of 5 stars One star, 14 Mar 2014
This review is from: Paradise Alley [DVD] (DVD)
I only gave this one star as i bought it as a present for someone, so i haven't watched it my-self.

Paradise Alley [DVD]
Paradise Alley [DVD] by Sylvester Stallone (DVD - 2008)