5.0 out of 5 stars Titles of episodes in series 5 & 6
Published on 5 July 2007 by Anglophile

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Surprising
I just added these two seasons of Last of the Summer Wine to my collection. I was shocked when i tried to play them, just how low quality the dvds are. each episode is very fuzzy and cheeply made. I specialize in video editing (have since 1996) and i can tell you i could remake these episodes into full HD increasing the quality of this collection to 10 times what it is...
Published on 12 Jan 2012 by graham gosling

5.0 out of 5 stars Titles of episodes in series 5 & 6, 5 July 2007
This review is from: Last of the Summer Wine - Series 5 & 6 [1979] [DVD] (DVD)
It is a shame that the Amazon reviewer does not list the episode titles, but I suspect it is because some episodes duplicate those previously released on videos. I did, however, find quite a lot of episodes that I had not previuously collected. This collection is very good with a total of 13 episodes plus the three Christmas Specials for 1978, 1979, and 1980. I list below all the episodes on this 3-DVD set:-

Full steam behind
The flag and it's snag
The flag and further snags
Deep in the heart of Yorkshire
Here we go into the wild blue yonder
Here we go again into the wild blue yonder
In the service of humanity
Car and garter
The odd dog men
A bicycle made for three
One of the last few places unexplored by man
Serenade for tight jeans and metal detector
From wellies to wet suit
Christmas Special 1978:- Small tune on a penny wassail
Christmas Special 1979:- And a Dewhurst up a fir tree
Christmas Special 1980:- Whoops

5.0 out of 5 stars Beware of Counterfeits being sold ...NOT BY Amazon, 29 Nov 2007
J. JOHNSON - See all my reviews
This review is from: Last of the Summer Wine - Series 5 & 6 [1979] [DVD] (DVD)
To all that love this great comedy as I do . This DVD is not available and information on this site states that it may not be available again . I want to warn all who may look for this and other series of Last Of The Summer Wine and find it on EBAY that there are many Sellers who have this , but most are counterfeit . The copies are of such poor quality that you can hardly read any of the small print on the packaging and the picture is very blurry and faded . It is obvious that these have been copied and put on the dvd cases and that the dvds themselves are not from Universal Pictures UK Lmt. I live in the USA and purchase my beloved British TV comedies in Region 2 . I purchased a player which would play Region 2 because I am such a fan . I do not wish any of my fellow LOTSW fans to be cheated .

5.0 out of 5 stars losw, 6 April 2007
Arnold Allen (WV USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Last of the Summer Wine - Series 5 & 6 [1979] [DVD] (DVD)
I have now purchased all 6 series of this great comedy from Amazon UK . I live in the good ole USA so I had to Purchase a special region free/zone free dvd player on line. These dvd's by Universal Playback are much better than the dvd from Canada availabe in USA. All episodes thru series 6 plus first 4 Xmas specials. I hope to see series 7-8 available soon though it will be sad to lose Sid and Wally sometime during them.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's been a really magical Tuesday..., 1 May 2007
J. Kelley "dahozho" (Mid-Atlantic coast) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Last of the Summer Wine - Series 5 & 6 [1979] [DVD] (DVD)
Best show... EVER! LOSW deserves more notice as the longest running comedy series, but perhaps it really is a show one must discover on one's own. Mr. Clarke has a great eye, not only for dialogue, but for people as well-- foibles, strengths, weaknesses are all treated with a gentle, fond humour.

Why the Beeb won't publish these titles in the US is beyond me, but as long as I have my region free dvd, I can enjoy LOSW, Blake's 7, Black's Books, etc. across the pond.

Hope more seasons (and films) come soon!!

5.0 out of 5 stars It may be their last, but they are my first!, 29 Mar 2007
JM Jellema "Mara" (The Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Last of the Summer Wine - Series 5 & 6 [1979] [DVD] (DVD)
I watched all the episodes from season 5 and 6 in one weekend and thought it was brilliant! The antics they get up to are just great and the cast is in one word: fantastic!

I just hope season 7 and on don't take as long as this box to hit the shops!

5.0 out of 5 stars close to its prime, 9 Dec 2012
Michael Yates (lexington, ky United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Last of the Summer Wine - Series 5 & 6 [1979] [DVD] (DVD)
starting to feel its oats and all characters beginning to assume their positions for the rest of the series. dandy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Reminiscing in Yorkshire, 29 Oct 2011
This review is from: Last of the Summer Wine - Series 5 & 6 [1979] [DVD] (DVD)
Great nostalgia and lovely scenes of the Yorkshire countryside - the town of Holmfirth is lovely too (I have been there!!) and the characters are gentle and alluring - a gentle gem from a slower pace of life time

5.0 out of 5 stars BBC Classic ...., 14 Dec 2008
This review is from: Last of the Summer Wine - Series 5 & 6 [1979] [DVD] (DVD)
There are some great episodes on this collection from the classic years Of Last Of The Summer Wine. Included are 3 Xmas Specials as well as Bill Owen's favourite episode 'From Wellies To Wetsuit', where Compo ends up on water skis. A must for any serious collector of classic BBC comedy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Last of the Summer Wine, 3 April 2014
This review is from: Last of the Summer Wine - Series 5 & 6 [1979] [DVD] (DVD)
Keep buying the next series each year as a birthday present, have a long way to go. The fun never ends

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 22 Jan 2014
This review is from: Last of the Summer Wine - Series 5 & 6 [1979] [DVD] (DVD)
very enjoyable and funny. compo and foggy made the series work and the scrapes they got into were absolutely hilarious

Last of the Summer Wine - Series 5 & 6 [1979] [DVD]