5.0 out of 5 stars PhoneWizz
4 Piece 30W Electronic Soldering Set + Lead Free Solder

Published on 31 July 2010 by XC

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well. 2 pin plug though!
Works well, would have been nice if it had said in the description that it has a 2 pin European plug on it though. So you will need an adapter or you will need to change the plug out to a UK one, which is what I ended up doing. Other than that, no complaints.
Published on 29 July 2011 by Kirsty G Fitzgibbons

5.0 out of 5 stars PhoneWizz, 31 July 2010
This review is from: Mercury 749.939 230VAC 50Hz 1.18m Soldering Set (DIY & Tools)
4 Piece 30W Electronic Soldering Set + Lead Free Solder

This is the first soldering iron I've ever bought, so I'm by no means an expert, I think the package as a whole is well worth the money, the soldering iron is quite slim at the end, so it enables you to solder the tiniest of things, it heats up quite fast too, I've soldered quite a few tiny gadgets that were destined for the bin, but with this I fixed them, which alone proves it's a good and handy tool.
As I've said I'm no expert, but I did the jobs fine on my first attempt!! You even get a soldring pump, I don't think I'll ever need it though, let alone know how to use it.lol. 10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Good bit of kit, 28 Aug 2009
Mr. M. Storer - See all my reviews
The set is good for the price. Contains a decent enough soldering iron, a fairly sturdy stand and enough solder to last before you'll need to buy more.
No need to shell out for an expensive set when this one does the job fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little iron, 29 Aug 2010
I use electric and soldering irons for other jobs. i.e. a 75 watt soldering iron for doing some battery or sensor connections, I use a gas soldering iron for soldering lead in stained glass windows. Why do I say this - well this is a small soldering iron for doing SMALL jobs. I bought it to complete the refurbishment of an electric guitar which required some fine soldering work. (oh, to answer a previous question - the pump is for sucking off the old solder before you resolder a joint - stops you ending up with a mountain of solder and a possible short)
So soldering iron/stand/pump and solder - fantastic value and performed very well for the job I wanted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good for the money., 25 Feb 2012
OK, Having read other reviews thought it only right to add mine. So, the item is as described (not as the picture shows) soldering iron, solder sucker, stand and solder. Note there is no sponge as shown in the picture but this can be purchased from many other retailers. Having received mine I noted that the supplied tip seemed to be odd (looked like a sawn of screwdriver blade, I can tell the difference between a screwdirver blade and a chisel solder tip) so the first thing I did was to order some proper soldering iron tips (from Amazon). Now having fitted a new tip and used it to repair my guitar I can say for the money the iron (and tips) are very good value. The iron may not be the best quality but for home hobbyist use it is perfectly adequate (I am a qualified electronics and I.T. technician so I know what I am on about). So if you intend to use it for hobbies then it's fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for occasional use, 16 Dec 2009
I bought this to solder in a replacement battery as to send it back for replacement was going to cost a lot more. It worked perfectly for the job. I would say for occasional use it'll do the job well. Only issue it takes a while to warm up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the pack., 13 Mar 2010
An old Tyke (Hertfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
A basic piece of kit for the beginner or for those small jobs where a fine tip is what you need. I had struggled to get a job done due to restricted space around connections so the pointed tip was ideal. The job finally took less than 5 minutes, including warm up, just goes to show that everything is much simpler with the right tools. At this price vs the savings I made by doing the job at home (i-Pod battery replacement) I could afford to buy a new iron every time and still be in pocket! Excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Set, 5 July 2009
Mr. J. Connor (Southampton, UK) - See all my reviews
Thought I had to defend this product against the previous (and unwarranted) review.
This set includes a decent soldering iron (30w, Pointed head), stand, solder and a pump (not that have any idea what use it is) for a very reasonable price.
I recently bought it to solder some SMD LED's, they're extremely small and this had no trouble with them.
Good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good kit., 16 Feb 2010
Mr. E. C. Dawes "magicaled" (Tameside) - See all my reviews
Very useful piece of equipment.It performs exactley as stated in the description given.The solder and solder pump make it possible to use the kit straight away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value and quality, 27 Jun 2013
I bought this for my brother, who is an electronics hobbyist. He loves it. It seems very good quality for the price, and he hasn't complained about anything, so why not give it five stars?

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well. 2 pin plug though!, 29 July 2011