1,311 Reviews
 (1,166)

5.0 out of 5 stars God Bless The Jumperoo!
Published on 27 Jan. 2009 by J. Wyland

3.0 out of 5 stars Not enthused!
Bought the jumperoo as I have heard so many good things from my friends. My son however didnt quite agree with that. He was fine with it and enjoying it only for 10 minutes or so then he wanted to be out of it. We didnt use it for longer than a couple of months...Want worth t he money for such a short period of time.
Published on 6 Feb. 2013 by ap1303

5.0 out of 5 stars God Bless The Jumperoo!, 27 Jan. 2009
J. Wyland - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo (Baby Product)
My family and I absolutely 100% love the jumperoo. Musing about the price I decided that, yes, knowing what I do now I would pay hundreds, nay, thousands of pounds for this. Seriously I would sell the car. I just cannot overstate how this thing has quite literally saved my life. Short version: BUY THIS! Long version: With bab number one I was too smug for such things, if it wasn't handwoven organic wool naturally shed from free-range unionized sheep I didn't want to know. Then came our second son. Holy cow this kid can scream and scream he did from the moment he was born. None of my tricks worked. The "witchtwigs" (as my DH affectionately calls them), the osteopath, my mom coming to stay, my dad and his wife coming to stay, nothing could make this poor little dude happy. I was shattered, our previously joyful family was just really, well, sad and most of all we felt awful for this little guy that we couldn't find a way to help him out. One afternoon in tears I put us all in the car, sung through the screaming and bought the jumperoo. (Amazon, you know I buy far too much from you, I just couldn't wait a moment longer for a chance of help!) He was just over 3 months old then. I piled up some towels underneath him and away we went. I can't say it was an instant hit. I think we started out with 1 minute but I was determined. Within a few days though he had discovered its beauty and honestly life was forever altered. Suddenly he had something that for whatever reason gave him relief, distraction, whatever and it made him so happy! When he would launch into one of his screaming fits I'd put him into the jumperoo and like some kind of magic he would instantly stop. My sister is a massage therapist/herbalist and has a theory that because of where the ball of his foot contacts the floor he is able to get some kidney diaphragm release (I was too tired to pay total attention to what she was saying). Anyway, three months down the line and I don't care what a huge monster this thing is in our little living room. I know that somebody somewhere will someday tell us that it's not good for his hip development, but the truth is all that screaming wasn't good for anybody! So, if you have a little screamer and you are totally in despair, honestly give this a try it might just save you too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!!!, 30 April 2014
This review is from: Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo (Baby Product)
The jumperoo is absolutely amazing. It is by far my sons favourite toy and I'm very upset that this week we've had to put it away as he's too heavy for it!! He's used it every single day for the past 5months and each time he was as excited as the last. Must have purchase for any parent ... They are a god send!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 25 Dec. 2013
SBno1 - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo (Baby Product)
Got this following so many positive reviews and I can see why.

Initially, our little one was a bit nonplussed about it, just sitting there not knowing quite what to do. After a few minutes he started to poke around with the toys, then he got the hang of jumping around in it and t was like a new discovery. He started going wild jumping up and down, bashing the toys and trying to catch the bug/parrot that float just out of reach. The only thing he hasn't quite worked out is how to turn around in it - he can work that out for himself!

All the toys are bright and colourful, some are interactive and the lights are a great distraction. Assembly is fairly straightforward with everything fitting securely together.

There are only two negatives:
1. It is too much fun! When I go to put him in the jumperoo his legs start kicking out wildly in excitement and it is a job to get his legs into the seat holes
2. There could have been a wider range of music. He loves it, but I am starting to hear it in my sleep, especially the "ooh ahh ahh" monkey cry

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun, 3 Aug. 2007
J. Borda (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo (Baby Product)
My daughter loves this. We chose this as we have two dogs and did not think a door bouncer would be a good idea. This really grows with your baby and creates a safe environment for them to play and even gives you five minutes to do some chores, that is if you can stop yourself from watching your baby amuse themselves! Only down side it is expensive!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not enthused!, 6 Feb. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars best toy ever, 23 Mar. 2014
Hanna (Cumbria, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo (Baby Product)
If you can only afford one toy, it has to be this one! The best thing we bought and my mum has just got one for her house too. We used it from 4 months old with a cushion underneath. Easy to assemble, good quality, fun and educational.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for any bouncing baby!, 15 Sept. 2013
LMD (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo (Baby Product)
First things first, this is a sizable piece of kit. measuring about 1m in diameter, and just over 1m tall, it's a hefty piece of kit. Taking about 10 minutes to put together upon arrival, once built it's pretty sturdy although could be collapsed down again easily enough if needed.

The bouncing platform has three adjustment levels what will help you match the height of the bouncer with the height of your baby as they grow both in height and weight. The settings seem reasonably well judged so far and it looks like there's a reasonable period of use to be had from it, although if I had to guess, I'd think that our little one won't fit into this much beyond 12months old.

It's built up to FisherPrice quality. Plastics are good quality, well moulded and easily to clean. There's plenty of variety for baby to look at and interact with, from the motion sensitive sound and lights to spinnable rattles, dangling frogs and flies on cables. Lots to grab, hold, turn, spin, pull and otherwise interact with. The seat that baby sits in is able to rotate through 360degrees, meaning that baby can turn to face whichever toys take their fancy or watch whatever's most interesting.

The seat cover is removable and can be washed, pretty much everything else can just be wiped clean. Our little one loves this for about 10 - 15 minutes at a time, during which he wears himself out. It's certainly helping strengthen his legs and perhaps his balance too. He probably only plays in it once or twice a day but he really does enjoy it. Timing is critical though, there's no use putting him in the jumperoo for at least 2 hours after a feed or it will come back up.

At the original price of >100quid, it was a lot of money to spend on a toy that will get relatively little use... assume 20 minutes a day for 6 days a week, for 6months (before they get too big)... means it's over £1 per hour of use.

At the newly reduced price of 50quid, it's much more reasonable and highly recommended - provided you've got the space!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the fidgety baby!, 3 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo (Baby Product)
I had tried my little one in a doorway bouncer, but the trouble with those is that they're terribly difficult to get them in, and more importantly out, quickly and safely with only one pair of hands. In the end I just didn't really feel safe about trying to use one when I was in the house on my own. The Jumperoo is expensive, but it does solve the problem brilliantly. It's easy to put together, and comes packed into a surprisingly slim box. I also liked the fact that there weren't a million and one bits of string, tape, twisty things and polystyrene in the packaging. This seems like a small thing, but it will really help with packing it away again later!

Our baby is only 3 months old so she's a bit young for this still, but she can hold her head up well, loves being upright and has good muscle control, so I popped her in it. I had to turn the lights and sound off to begin with as she found them a bit too much. The first time she only lasted about 5 minutes anyway, but that's the joy of the Jumperoo, if they get fed up you can pop them out in seconds. Now she'll happily play for 20 minutes or more, just bouncing and rattling the toys. We have had to experiment with things under her feet so she's not dangling, as she is a bit short even on the youngest setting. We tried a book but she kept sliding off the edge. In the end we've settled for a couple of cusions. I think buying it early will turn out to be good in that we'll get lots of use out of it.

It's a sturdy and solid item, and is difficult to shift. This might be both a pro and a con, as unlike say a bouncy chair you can't move it around the house easily. You certainly won't be lugging it upstairs or taking it to grandma's for the weekend! But on the plus side your little one is safe and secure in it, no matter how much they jump around. Perfect if you have a fidgety baby who likes to be constantly on the move!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo, 22 Aug. 2012
S. Wilson (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo (Baby Product)
Three words for this Jumperoo - Amazing Bouncing Fun! This is by far the best £85 we have ever spent and the best toy that we have had so far for our son who absolutely adores this, yes it may be a bit expensive but as many of the other reviews have said this was worth every penny and then some! When our son first went in the Jumperoo two weeks ago after we bought it he sat open mouthed staring in wonder at all of the toys, lights etc for him to play with - his face was a picture and brilliant! He very soon realised what the Jumperoo was there for and he goes absolutely crazy bouncing around like a mad baby in it every time we put him in it. His laughs and screams of pure joy are more than worth the price of this. I agree that it does take up a fair bit of room so maybe not great if you haven't got much space but we would shove around furniture if needed so that he could jump about in this toy and as one review said I think we would have seriously considered selling our car to buy this too! I think another reason our son loves this so much is that he has had the Fisher-Price Rainforest mobile and Fisher-Price Rainforest 1-2-3 Musical Gym since birth which has a lot of the same rainforest animals as the jumperoo i.e. the parrot and the frog and he absolutely loves chattering away to them. The Jumperoo has music and lights that play each time your baby jumps so fair warning to everyone if this would drive you nuts but as I've already said to see your child's face with pure joy on it is well worth anything let alone listening to the same tunes over and over! The seat also rotates so your child can face any way and play with all of the toys around the seat. Our son is too big for the lowest setting but just too small for the second height setting so we bought some cheap foam jigsaw square number pieces from a well known supermarket which only cost £4 for a packet of ten and we link these together in a set of four under his feet which makes the Jumperoo the perfect height and because they are foam pieces it soft for when he's jumping around like a mad baby.

Verdict........Must, must, must buy for your child, worth every penny and then some. Only gripe is that we didn't know about it sooner!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best bouncer of all, 23 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo (Baby Product)
I bought the jumperoo when my daughter was 3 months old after reading hundreds of rave reviews...I have since been counting the hours until my daughter could hold her head steady as I have been absolutely dying for her to try it out. Well, this weekend (at 4 half months old)I finally got my wish and plonked my daughter into the jumperoo, sat back and watched with delight as she bounced away to her hearts content with a big beaming smile on her face. She loves playing with all the toys and although I have had to put a couple of cushions under her feet, she cannot stop bouncing away...she absolutely loves it and after an early evening's bouncing had the longest night's sleep ever. I can't recommend this enough...go out and buy one...

Update

My daughter is now 10 months old and has been bouncing like mad in her jumperoo for the past 6 months - she still loves it and when she is not bouncing away, she likes to rock herself to sleep in it....very helpful!!! She would quite happily stay in it all day if I let her.
Even though she goes in the bouncer every day it has not hampered her development in any way - she has been crawling since she was 7 months old,cruising around the furniture since 8 months old and is just starting to walk...and she still loves this bouncer with a passion.

They say that for an item to be worth it's money, you should use it once for every pound you paid for it....the amount of times we have used the jumperoo would make it worth buying at twice the price!

Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo