5.0 out of 5 stars Godsend!
Published on 9 Mar. 2009 by Shauna Sammons

2.0 out of 5 stars Wonky Seat!
When I first recieved this swing I thought it was lovely. The colours are great, the swing away mobile is a brilliant idea for easy access to baby and the build seems reliable. The only thing I can fault it on is that when in the swing mode (back and forward) the seat leans towards the back of the frame giving it a tilt that is not comfortable for any baby as they end up...
Published on 17 Jan. 2010 by S. Hosking

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Godsend!, 9 Mar. 2009
Shauna Sammons (Reading, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fisher-Price Open-Top Rainforest Cradle Swing (Baby Product)
I bought this for my newborn baby who cannot settle without being held - the swing has been a total godsend. I discovered my 5 week old doesn't like vibration (after I spent money on a vibrating cot!) so struggled with what type of bouncer/swing to get. He likes to be on the move and seems to fall asleep when his gran swings him side to side so we thought this swing my help get him sleeping - and it does! My husband thought this was going to be a waste of good money as it is quite expensive compared to some of the bouncers out there but we both agree that it has been so useful - at last I can have dinner without having to eat it with one hand as we can put him down and let the swing lull him to sleep - I can even leave him in it to get a quick shower. Sometimes when he isn't sleepy he does get bored with it but it does keep him occupied for a short period of time which is still better than nothing!

The pendulum motion of the seat is slightly noisy but you soon get used to it. Also, my 5 week old isn't yet interested in the mobile, I actually think it scares him a bit, but that can be folded out of the way and the swinging action rocks him off to sleep happily. We have used this every day since we got it and are so glad we did- I would definitely recommend this to anyone especially those with a newborn.

UPDATE: Our son is now nearly 7 months old and we are still using this swing on a daily basis, several times a day (we have it in front of the tv), and the batteries have yet to be changed! Fantastic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money!, 25 Oct. 2007
I bought the fisher price rainforest swing for my son when he was just 5 weeks old and he loved it from the first time he went in it. he will stare for ages at the mobile and often falls asleep in it. i love the fact that when he's a bit older, I can turn the seat from the 'cradle' position (for younger babies) to the 'swing' position. The music has 4 different settings. one for when baby is sleepy with calm soft music. one for when baby is active with nursery rhymes plus 2 others - one rainforest sounds and the other is like pan pipes and water. The music and mobile will switch off automatically after 7 minutes and there is a reset button to start it up again. I have had this swing for over 2 months now and haven't had to replace the batteries once, yet my son goes in it every day. It's great for when i'm trying to get on with the house work as he is kept occupied and i know he is safe and securely strapped in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth it!, 2 Aug. 2009
Bought this for my daughter when she was just over a week old and dont begrudge a penny as it means I can actually put her down without her crying and have long enough to play with my little boy or eat my dinner in peace!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sheer magic!, 23 Nov. 2009
Ms. L. C. Gillatt (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought one of these Fisher-Price cradle swings for my newborn first grandchild. I conducted significant research on these types of products, and finally settled on this one. 2 and a half months later I can say with some experience that it was a brilliant purchase!!

Lily spends approximately 2 hours (altogether) during a 24 hour timescale being swung and enchanted by the music and the revolving bright and colourful animals/birds. When her parents have visitors, Lily swings with joy for longer times and loves being part of the social event!! Lily showed early signs of eye focus and interest in this item, her motor skills are fairly advanced as a result. Its variations in swing movement and music/sound soothes her when she fights sleep and stimulates her in her waking hours. Its robust and safe. We're onto the second set of ordinary batteries - so its cost effective to run too. Easy to stack away and envied by all adults for its look of great comfort!!!!

I debated the actual price of this swing but can frankly say - it is worth every penny spent!

4.0 out of 5 stars Hands free rocking!!!, 6 Dec. 2009
I wont waste your time with specifics as I'm sure you've already read them but what I will say is this product really is a godsend. My little girl is quite clingy to me and by putting her in the swing gives me that little bit of hands free time! Some kids may not like it but mine certainly does and when the 7 minutes runs out and it goes on standby she yells for me to hit the reset button to get it going again!
There are only two things that I find frustrating with this -
1) It's quite bulky. Even when the legs are folded in the seat petrudes out so when the time comes that she is too big for it I'm not sure where I am going to store it!
2) Abit battery hungry. Using it everyday does wear out the batteries some what, and the first thing low batteries seem to effect is the "rock"!
That said I really dont know what I would without this product, it's great!
The mobile doesn't seem overly exciting to me but my baby seems to love it, she's fascinated with the three little creatures!

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, 27 Aug. 2009
have just bought this product delivery within a few days, we have a 7week old baby, and this has helped us out so much the swing actually keeps him calm and soon enough he falls to sleep. While we can do other things around the house. Well worth the money, this is quite big however it does what it says on the box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rainforest Swing thumbs up, 9 Nov. 2009
Hazel Green - See all my reviews
We bought this after seeing how content a friend's baby was in his. Our baby loves it just as much - its sturdy, colourful and stimulating and is a great way to entertain the baby while getting a few things done yourself. Would highly recommend it. It was quite easy to assemble - I managed it myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant! Puts my baby to sleep!, 10 Dec. 2009
My 7 week old baby likes to be held but as soon as I got this swing he was very happy to go into it and falls asleep in it regularly. I've even put him in it in the middle of the night when nothing else has worked and it has calmed him down. The instructions to assemble the swing are clear and easy to follow, and the swing seems very sturdy. He has just started to follow the mobile with his eyes and seems to like it. The only thing that bothers me is that after about 10 mins or so there is an automatic shut off and the music and mobile turn off so you have to reset it, which is a bit annoying.(Although the swing continues to rock and doesn't need resetting).
I would highly recommend this product, it allows me to put my baby down and get on around the house knowing he is happy in the swing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent !!!, 8 Dec. 2010
I love this swing, it is a such a success!!! My baby is 3 months old and she takes her daily naps on the swing. It saved me from having to carry her around to put her to sleep. I actually have time now for some housework, to cook or make a few phone calls... She is very comfortable in it though I feel like she gets a bit dizzy looking at the moving toys above so I move them up :-) she only refuses to sit on it if she is really grumpy otherwise it really works. Batteries are still going on after a month's use with no sign of running out. I would highly recommend this swing to anyone who needs help putting their babies to sleep or have some time off from carrying them around...

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential, 12 Nov. 2009
My five week old baby was unable to sleep at all during the day and very little at night. This swing is a total lifesaver. The rocking settles him to sleep really well and soothes him back to sleep when he startles himself awake. We have only had it a short time but it has totally transformed him and he is now a much happier baby. Although it is expensive, it is well worth the money.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›