5.0 out of 5 stars Overall, the best toy we've bought for our kids
I bought this for my daughter when she was a about four months old. She would pick up the pieces and liked to look at the shapes. She then was able to identify colors, then shapes, then match the shapes, and eventually fit the shapes into the holes. We would stack the shapes and see how high we could get before she knocked them down. We would wear the yellow lid as a hat...
Published on 15 Dec. 2009 by Leigh-ann Danner

3.0 out of 5 stars Lid doesn't stay on
The coloured blocks are great and my 6-month-old loves to play with them in various ways. The only problem is that the lid of the bucket comes of really easily, so we can't actually use the toy to teach him to match the shapes to the holes. He pulls the lid off before we even get started! I'm not sorry I bought it because my son enjoys the blocks, but it does miss the...
Published on 10 Oct. 2010 by anner25

‹ Previous | 1 2 330 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, classic, with endless possibilities, 14 Oct. 2008
This review is from: Fisher-Price Baby's First Blocks (Toy)
Received this for our 1-month-old last Christmas, and I have been surprised at how multi-purpose this is! These shapes were just the right size and shape for our son to pick up, one at a time at first, and now banging 2 together. He's a bit young for fitting the shapes into the holes in the top, so for now, we just work on taking toys out (the shapes + whatever other toys fit in the box) and putting them in. It is essentially a portable toybox at times. The shapes have also been very good for banging on the box, the highchair tray, or whatever else was in reach.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blocks, 4 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Fisher-Price Baby's First Blocks (Toy)
I bought this item as my niece and my daughter absolutely love to play with it. My mum had bought one for when they come and visit and it was a must for our home. They love to carry the blocks around in this little container. It the right size for a toddler to carry around. From 9 months to 2 year and plus I guess as it is used differently while they develop their skills. Strongly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing, 29 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Fisher-Price Baby's First Blocks (Toy)
I bought this shape sorter for my 11 month old daughter. Whilst I was expecting a basic toy for this price I was very disappointed to realise that the top does not fix on in any way. It took my little girl about 30 seconds to realise that, to put the shapes into the box, she simply needs to remove the top and deposit them - something she enjoys doing but hardly useful when trying to develop her coordination or shape matching ability / understanding. We did think about sticking the lid down with some selotape but then we need to take this off every time we want to get the shapes out. This is part of the Fisher Price Brilliant Basics range - we would say it is basic but far from brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 14 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Fisher-Price Baby's First Blocks (Toy)
Bought this for my 6 month old grand daughter. Thought it might be a bit boring for her as it isn't electronic and doesn't have flashing lights but she loves it! The bricks are a perfect size for little hands and she plays for absolute ages with the bricks. Would definitely recommend as really well priced.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, 12 Jun. 2014
JEM (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fisher-Price Baby's First Blocks (Toy)
I bought these for my son when he was 7 months. He is now 10 months and is taking more of an interest in them. He likes to bang them together and take them out of the tub. Useful for teaching shapes and colours. Good size for small hands. I guess he will get more fun from them when he works out they can fit through the holes. The tub a a good size to have in the living room as not too big. Overall I would buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars great toy, 9 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Fisher-Price Baby's First Blocks (Toy)
child was less than a year old and loved it,
blocks are easy to grab and whole thing is colorfull,
I chose this set as I trust Fisher-Price

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Worth the Money!, 27 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Fisher-Price Baby's First Blocks (Toy)
I have a 7 month old son, and he loves this toy. Even though he has no idea how to sort shapes yet, we love using the shapes to build a tower, which he keenly crawls over to in order to knock it down.
He loves to empty the box himself, finding both the lid and blocks fun to bite and chew on!
Was initially not too happy about the lid being so easy to remove, (like other reviewers,) but for my son this just adds to the fun, and when he is old enough to use this toy correctly it shouldn't be a problem. You can still 'shape sort' using just the lid, putting the shapes in the correct holes without necessarily needing the whole thing if that leads to 'cheating'!
A fantastic cheap toy that will last for months to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars good buy, 25 July 2013
Mrs. Diane Field (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fisher-Price Baby's First Blocks (Toy)
Good example of a toy where the child learns to match shapes to the hole they can be fitted in. Well made and is of nice bright colours.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 5 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Fisher-Price Baby's First Blocks (Toy)
Grandson loves plays for hors very sturdy and looks great price very good recommend this item lots of play and educational

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours of fun for our little one, 18 July 2014
This review is from: Fisher-Price Baby's First Blocks (Toy)
Our little one has had hours of fun with this. The blocks shapes and colours have intrigued her little mind from examining and inspecting them, putting them in and tipping out of the box and of course .... chewing on them. The whole set appears to be well made and for the £6 price tag delivered, I can't recommend this anymore.

‹ Previous | 1 2 330 | Next ›