5.0 out of 5 stars Overall, the best toy we've bought for our kids
Published on 15 Dec. 2009 by Leigh-ann Danner

3.0 out of 5 stars Lid doesn't stay on
Published on 10 Oct. 2010 by anner25

5.0 out of 5 stars Overall, the best toy we've bought for our kids, 15 Dec. 2009
Leigh-ann Danner (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fisher-Price Baby's First Blocks (Toy)
I bought this for my daughter when she was a about four months old. She would pick up the pieces and liked to look at the shapes. She then was able to identify colors, then shapes, then match the shapes, and eventually fit the shapes into the holes. We would stack the shapes and see how high we could get before she knocked them down. We would wear the yellow lid as a hat (which she LOVED!), and see what other toys can fit into the pail. My daughter is now three, and my one-year-old son plays with this all the time. His sister has begun teaching him how to put the shapes in the holes. We rotate our toys frequently (every couple of weeks) so we have a limited number of toys in the play area at any given time, and this is almost always in the play area. They never seem to get tired of it. It is a simple toy, and I think it is the best value that I have seen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good shape sorter, 15 Jan. 2014
CycleRacing (England) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Fisher-Price Baby's First Blocks (Toy)
This has been a really successful toy with both my little girls.

As a shape sorter, it works well. The shapes aren't too obscure or confusing, and it is an excellent tool for learning shapes and hand eye coordination. It is brightly coloured and therefore appealing to young children.

The box / bucket itself has been used a lot for reasons other than intended purpose!... Both of our girls have adapted this regularly to use as a handbag, a toy storage bucket to put their mot precious toys in... At one point I remember them using it as an imaginary pan in their play kitchen....

A really good toy.

Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Grandson's learning toy, 18 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Fisher-Price Baby's First Blocks (Toy)
Grandchild is close to 15 months and only sees this occasionally. Is facinated by it but not yet fully grasped the idea. His typical experience is to place hand through a shape hole, grasp any shape inside and try to pull out both his fist and shape (or anything else he has put in there) - which now of course will no longer fit! Other reviews have remarked about how loose the lid is and that this could be better - WELL here is perhaps a good reason why it is loose - over a period he always tries this and ends up with the lid + the item in his hand. If it clipped into place it would certainly make a good Monkey or toddler trapping device!
Good and sensible product, very well made and should last!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal first block set!, 28 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Fisher-Price Baby's First Blocks (Toy)
This must be an ideal first block set, it is so colourful and educational at the same time. The blocks are ideally always organized in their box! daughter is 11 months and she loves to play with them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lid doesn't stay on, 10 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Fisher-Price Baby's First Blocks (Toy)
The coloured blocks are great and my 6-month-old loves to play with them in various ways. The only problem is that the lid of the bucket comes of really easily, so we can't actually use the toy to teach him to match the shapes to the holes. He pulls the lid off before we even get started! I'm not sorry I bought it because my son enjoys the blocks, but it does miss the point a bit. It would be better if there was a way to latch the lid in place.

4.0 out of 5 stars shape sorter, 24 Oct. 2010
J. Nuttall (Wakefield) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fisher-Price Baby's First Blocks (Toy)
Sturdy, bright and colourful. My Grandson 1yr Old was more interested in empting the bucket and filling with other toys, sure he'll work it out soon, loves banging the shapes together

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product for the little ones, 5 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Fisher-Price Baby's First Blocks (Toy)
My 9-month old kid is yet to learn how to play with this but I found it really good and it stimulates the thought-process of kids. Can be used with the yellow lid on or off, or even just using the different pieces individually. All depends on his mood. I guess you cannot go wrong with Fisher-Price products. Quick delivery and well packaged. Awesome price from other similar products I've seen around here.

3.0 out of 5 stars coloured plastic blocks, 4 May 2008
Ms. J. L. Marriott "Jo Marriott" (Warwick, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fisher-Price Baby's First Blocks (Toy)
just thought blocks would be bigger in size. Though i am pleased that there are very durable and brightly coloured!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant toy, 26 Jun. 2010
Melanie Murray (Leeds, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fisher-Price Baby's First Blocks (Toy)
My little boy absolutely loves this toy. He loves to take all the blocks out of the box, banging them together and chewing them. He watches me stack them up then knock them all down. He is only 8 months old at the moment and I am sure he will use it for a long time, eventually using the lid to sort the shapes. A very simple toy that gives hours of fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Forget computer toys - go for this, 6 Oct. 2010
Aimz (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fisher-Price Baby's First Blocks (Toy)
All I can say - a great toy. Colourful, fun and simple.
A great starter toy, highly recommended.

Fisher-Price Baby's First Blocks