4.0 out of 5 stars Too gentle for me
Published on 18 May 2007 by L. Shannon

3.0 out of 5 stars Found in early to mid pregnancy this DVD was too ...
Found in early to mid pregnancy this DVD was too basic at a fitness level if your already used to exercise. More beneficial in last trimester when bump is bigger and you just want to maintain some fitness into your day.
Published 4 months ago by Kulvinder Bhattia

4.0 out of 5 stars Too gentle for me, 18 May 2007
L. Shannon (Finland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Davina - My Pre & Post Natal Workouts [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
I love Davina's non-pregnancy workout DVDs (they helped me get back in shape after my first baby after I'd almost lost all hope) and was looking for a similar challenge here, but was disappointed. Perhaps I'll appreciate this DVD more as I get into the third trimester and am more exhausted, but at 22 weeks it's just so gentle that I don't feel that it's adding much to the battle of me vs. my spreading hips. (For a more strenous and effective pregnancy workout DVD, see Sharon Marrett-Gregory's Pregnancy and Postnatal Workout -- production quality is low but the exercises are simply magnificent. My pregnancy workout routine is to do the Marrett-Gregory DVD twice a week and Davina once.)

Having said the above, I still gave this video four stars because it's got a lot of good points as well. There are lots of tips during the exercises for movements and positions that will help during labour, which is immensely valuable. And the workout itself is a quite good stretch for pregnant bodies -- it'll keep your muscles from seizing up as you get bigger, but it won't make you sweat. First-time mums should also benefit from the Davina's Tips section, where she gives quite good, honest advice about labour and afterwards.

**Update!** Now that I'm at 37 weeks, I have to report that Davina's pre-natal workout has really come into its own. The Sharon Marrett-Gregory workout started getting a bit too much for me at 32 weeks, and now it's Davina all the way. Davina is IDEAL for the third trimester, when you feel like you can't shift from your chair without the help of a heavy crane, but you want to keep moving so that labour doesn't catch you entirely by surprise. In fact, during my first pregnancy, I was heavily plagued by hand and foot swelling as well as by leg cramps, but have had very little of either this time around. Perhaps it's just because every pregnancy is different, but I'm pretty sure that my addiction to pre-natal workouts this time has been the deciding factor. Davina's exercises may be light, but they're just right. Can't wait to try the post-natal section when the time comes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for post natal mums too, 4 April 2007
Chloe S "Chick Lit Chloe" (Berkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Davina - My Pre & Post Natal Workouts [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
I noticed the other 2 reviews were by pregnant ladies, so I thought I would give you all the opinion of a post-natal Mum. My son is one year old, and I have struggled to get into shape, I haven't shifted my jelly belly and I need serious toning.

I started doing the post-natal section of the DVD about a week ago, and I have already noticed a difference in my muscle tone, especially in my tummy. All other workout DVDs I have tried are too hard on my tummy, but this is perfect. It goes through the exercises slowly and carefully, making sure you don't move too quickly, which is fantastic for a new mum of only a couple of weeks.

I would thoroughly recommend this DVD, and I know when I get pregnant with our second child, I will be using the pregnancy exercises as I didnt exercise through my first pregnancy and I regret that now!!

Buy it, it will be the best 15 quid you have spent on yourself since your baby was born!

3.0 out of 5 stars Found in early to mid pregnancy this DVD was too ..., 14 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Davina - My Pre & Post Natal Workouts [DVD] [2007] (DVD)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for later stages of pregnancy but way too slow ..., 17 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Davina - My Pre & Post Natal Workouts [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
Good for later stages of pregnancy but way too slow for earlier I'm not even that fit but still found it too slow, post pregnancy is great to get you back exercising I especially found it good as I'd had a section

5.0 out of 5 stars How to feel more fit when your pregnant, 23 Oct. 2009
Heather Mckendrick "heaz1984" (North lanarkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Davina - My Pre & Post Natal Workouts [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
This is a good workout when your pregnant and easy to get back into it after your baby is here. Davina helps you through and help to feel you get your body back to they way you want it. though stick to it to get best results. All the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dvd!, 26 May 2010
This review is from: Davina - My Pre & Post Natal Workouts [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
I like Davina,and just wont to try post natal workouts to get started after having baby so this dvd help me slowly get in shape,and after i had more energy i start more harder exercise,so dvd its great to start.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 13 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Davina - My Pre & Post Natal Workouts [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
I have most of Davina's work out DVDs and I love them all. She's funny, and it makes the work out easier and great to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great work out, 18 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Davina - My Pre & Post Natal Workouts [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
Great for pregnant and postnatal women, wish I had bought this earlier. Suitable and light hearted approach to regaining your fitness. Realistic expectations and can be done with little space.

1.0 out of 5 stars Far too gentle and Davina does get a bit annoying, 23 Oct. 2007
This review is from: Davina - My Pre & Post Natal Workouts [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
I did this DVD a few times but even at 33 weeks pregnant I found it far too gentle. I suppose the question you should ask yourself is, "Why would I buy a celebrity workout when I can buy a pregnancy workout by a professional trainer?" I know that the routine is guided by Davina's trainer but then why does Davina need to be there? My feelings towards the presenter were neutral before buying this DVD. She makes a lot of jokes throughout and when you watch it the third time (or more if you hope this will keep you fit) the jokes start to get quite annoying. It's a shame there wasn't a mute button for the wise cracks!

If you are looking for a really good quality, challenging pregnancy workout the best I have found is Prenatal Fitness Fix by Erin O'Brien (who is a fitness coach and pregnant). Prenatal Yoga by Shiva Rea is also very good (if not quite as challenging) and shows three different variations depending on your stage of pregnancy. The Pregnancy and Postnatal workout by Sharon Marett-Gregory is good and challenging, unfortunately though there is too much loud background noise and it can be a struggle to hear what she is saying.

After having done each of these 3 I felt like I'd had a decent workout and my achy back felt better. Unfortunately with Davina's workout I felt pretty bored and at the end I wished I'd spent my time doing something more challenging such as a gentle walk

2.0 out of 5 stars pregnancy exercise dvd, 10 April 2011
This review is from: Davina - My Pre & Post Natal Workouts [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
I purchased the 'Davina my pre and post Natal workouts'. The order was very straight forward and I didn't have to wait long for it to arrive which was great. I am only 4 months pregnant and to be honest I found it far too easy. I reckon it is for someone who is not used to exercise or maybe doesn't get the time to exercise outside the home, like walking etc. I can't see it doing much for someones body as regards toning or keeping weight down during pregnancy, so I would say, Davina, obviously did other exercises besides this dvd. I really am a fan of hers but for this one, I would say, a complete waste of money.

Davina - My Pre & Post Natal Workouts [DVD] [2007]