on 30 May 2010
I bought this present for my niece's birthday (3 yrs) and she loves it. It is beautifully made, wooden, bright colours and the detail is lovely. On the back of the fish they have put numbers so children can also use it as a counting game with scores for the fishing done. Great value for money and a lovely gift!
on 2 February 2012
With numerous tacky or poor quality build plastic and over expensive toys around nowadays (yes I'm talking about a certain little girl pig character here) it's a breath of fresh air to be pleasantly surprised by the build quality of this simple yet enjoyable game, the box on the version we got was German but didn't bother me (not like you need instructions to play!). We ordered this as a little gift for our 3 yr old and she was delighted to play it with her parents and grandma joining in at Christmas. She wasn't obsessed by it but it's a game she will and does return to and will do for several years to come. Contented child = happy parents.
on 25 November 2009
This is a simple toy but it is bright and colourful and well finished,this will be enjoyed by all ages
VINE VOICEon 21 September 2011
This simple game has really captivated our three and a half year old granddaughter, the pieces are placed in the square, and she hands out the rods then rushes to fish all the pieces out before anyone else gets a chance.

The game itself may be simple but it's also useful to teach numbers and the different objects, colours and names, it fits snugly into its box and would be a handy toy to keep at a grandparent's house.
on 14 December 2012
I bought this mainly for my daughter's 1st Birthday party, as most children were 2-3 years old I wanted them to play with something that will occupy them for a little while and later on I used it for fishing for little presents wrapped up in paper with attached paper clips for the magnet on the fishing rod to catch it. It is quite a good game, you can teach your child colours and counting, I also liked the fact that it is made from wood, not from cheap and shiny plastic as most things nowadays. You can also teach your child word such as fish, star fish, sea horse, ocean , sea, sea weed, etc. I would recommend this game as it is fun as well as educational.
on 11 September 2013
I bought this for my grandson, who had played something similar at playgroup and loved it! It was easy to put together, well made and he hasn't disappointed us by playing for hours and hours with it! It helps hand/eye co-ordination and patience skills really well. He is almost 4 (he was 3 1/2 when I bought it for him) and absolutely loves "fishing".
on 17 March 2014
after looking at the numerous fishing games available, settled on this more 'traditional' game - all others seemed to be plastic, either wind-up or battery powered. nice solid pieces, easy to assemble and results in some (short) moments of quiet playtime
on 20 January 2014
This product was purchased for my 3 and 4 year old grandchildren - both boisterous. I say that because I was not sure what the quality would be like. I am very pleased to say this is a robust and well made game. The wooden "sea world" slots together easily, which means it can be packed away after use. There is no base, but this does not detract from the enjoyment of the game whatsoever. The fishing rods are made of wooden sticks with coloured tops and string with magnets at the end. The various fish, including sea horses and star fish, are brightly coloured and have a number on the reverse. Good for colour recognition and counting skills at this young age. I am delighted with this purchase.
on 11 February 2013
my 2 year old likes to play with this. it is normally impossible to get him to sit still and play anything, but this he likes.
it is very good for the child's brain development to perfect their hand eye coordination and this toys does this very well. so its fun and also very useful for the child.
on 17 October 2011
My 3 year old son loves this fishing game. The rods and fish/stars are good quality but the sides aren't as great, a few bits have splintered off. Easy to put together, but it has no bottom! A bottom would be a great improvement. Not the best toy, but my son does love it.