4.8 out of 5 stars1,316

on 18 January 2008
The Amazon title is misleading, but I'm pleased to say that this is what I thought it was. I bought one of these for my Nuvi 370, and it works a treat. I have just driven 60 miles, through bendy, twisty country lanes, and the mount did not move at all, and the Nuvi was within reach at all times. I have a Peugeot 307 and the dashboard is not at all flat, but still the mount stayed where I put it. Well worth the money - I'm really pleased with it. If taking it overseas, beware of the airport screening. The mount contains metal balls and shows up clearly on the X-ray and the security staff will want to search your bag !
22 comments270 of 271 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 September 2008
I was a little wary of this and bought it solely on the basis of the reviews as I was completely fed up with suction sticker solutions.
I have to say it's brilliant! It NEVER moves, and best of all, when you park, you can easily take off the satnav (and put it in your pocket), slide out the support (and hide it in the glovebox), then lift up the mat itself and tuck it (upside down) under a seat. (this all takes about 230 secs max). Highly recommended!
11 comment71 of 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 April 2008
From looking at the picture I thought this had some sort of suction mount underneath and panicked when it arrived as it seemed huge. Unpacking it revealed I'd been wrong and it is basically a very heavy beanbag which squats on your dashboard like a toad.
Took it for a spin and tried to shift it by some heavy braking but it just sat there and grinned at me.
Looks like my one complaint about the Nuvi 310 has been answered.
I'll update to 5 stars if it behaves itself and if I can get it through the airport when I next travel to the UK and hire a car! Apparently its filled with small steel balls.
UPDATE - Got it through customs with no problems and it did its toad thing on the hired Renault dash. Nuvi had some slight screen tremor at times as not so isolated from vibration as when stuck to the windscreen but not distracting and the roads do need repairing!
Should now be a five star review but seems I can't amend that bit.
66 comments229 of 231 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 October 2012
I bought one these with a nuvi 2545 - it sits happily on the sloping dash of my car, I've only had to slightly reposition it once after going over a speed bump a bit quickly.
No rings on the windscreen, and it keeps the sat nav lower and so does not obstruct your view of the road in any way.
review image
11 comment67 of 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 May 2008
This 'bean bag' mount is first rate. You place it on the dashboard, slide in the connector then attach the sat nav - which is easy to swivel in and equally easy to extract on leaving the car. The part can be easily adjusted to suit your driving position and thereafter it stays put. Would thoroughly recommend it.
0Comment55 of 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 May 2008
This is one superb piece of kit from Garmin.
I bought this to use with the Nuvi 200W and it's just a shame Garmin didn't supply this with the Satnav instead of the Windows mount.
Once you've used this you'll never use the Windows mount again.
0Comment112 of 113 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 March 2008
Have got a Vectra, and when clearing the moisture from windscreen on cold mornings, meant that my Nuvi 310 would occasionally 'fall off'... very annoying. Also found that it was so tedious having to remove from screen every time i left the car. Bought this little gem, and it's ideal. Hasn't moved an inch on the dash when used, and can put into glovebox at speed when required. Excellent value for money.
0Comment63 of 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 October 2007
It is bigger than it looks + needs a flat/curved dashboard area 20x18cm, so will not maybe fit all vehicles.
The Amazon title is misleading, but the pictures are accurate - the important thing is the part number = 010-10908-00, as there are I understand other similarly described mounts that don't have all the necessary fittings.
Recently driven a couple of thousand miles with my Nuvi350 and the mount just sits there, no movement or vibration problems of any sort.
It can be removed easily and stowed somewhere convenient - but would not tolerate being stood on. Another plus is that it can be physically moved along the dashboard to sit in front of the passenger, if they are assisting navigating etc.
Good value from Amazon + a good product.
11 comment88 of 90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 March 2008
Simple and effective - does away with the need to stick and remove the windscreen mount and particularly useful if like me you use hire cars often. The 'swan neck' detaches easily to make for easier stowing away out of sight in say the glove box.
0Comment53 of 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 September 2007
Excellent bit of kit. Holds your Garmin firmly and closer to you, it's easily adjusted, easily moved about, easy to stow and doesn't leave tell tale marks on your windscreen. And lets face it, the standard windscreen suction mount inevitably falls off from time to time.
0Comment137 of 141 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse