5.0 out of 5 stars Garmin - Portable Friction Mount (010-10908-00)
Published on 18 Jan 2008 by KathyP

3.0 out of 5 stars fragile locking device
the bean bag is a great concept but the mechanism for attaching the mounting arm is very fragile. The mounting arm slots into the bean bag and a leaver comes back to lock the mounting arm BUT the leaver pushes up a small plastic tab--as seen in the photo. That tab is very vulnerable. At a minimum the locking device should be metal not plastic but an improved design that...
Published 15 months ago by Edna Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars Garmin - Portable Friction Mount (010-10908-00), 18 Jan 2008
This review is from: Garmin Universal Friction Mount for 700/600/300/200 series (Electronics)
The Amazon title is misleading, but I'm pleased to say that this is what I thought it was. I bought one of these for my Nuvi 370, and it works a treat. I have just driven 60 miles, through bendy, twisty country lanes, and the mount did not move at all, and the Nuvi was within reach at all times. I have a Peugeot 307 and the dashboard is not at all flat, but still the mount stayed where I put it. Well worth the money - I'm really pleased with it. If taking it overseas, beware of the airport screening. The mount contains metal balls and shows up clearly on the X-ray and the security staff will want to search your bag !

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Kit, 28 May 2008
This is one superb piece of kit from Garmin.
I bought this to use with the Nuvi 200W and it's just a shame Garmin didn't supply this with the Satnav instead of the Windows mount.
Once you've used this you'll never use the Windows mount again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Its certainly big!, 10 April 2008
From looking at the picture I thought this had some sort of suction mount underneath and panicked when it arrived as it seemed huge. Unpacking it revealed I'd been wrong and it is basically a very heavy beanbag which squats on your dashboard like a toad.
Took it for a spin and tried to shift it by some heavy braking but it just sat there and grinned at me.
Looks like my one complaint about the Nuvi 310 has been answered.
I'll update to 5 stars if it behaves itself and if I can get it through the airport when I next travel to the UK and hire a car! Apparently its filled with small steel balls.
UPDATE - Got it through customs with no problems and it did its toad thing on the hired Renault dash. Nuvi had some slight screen tremor at times as not so isolated from vibration as when stuck to the windscreen but not distracting and the roads do need repairing!
Should now be a five star review but seems I can't amend that bit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Indispensable - exceeds expectations, 11 Sep 2008
I was a little wary of this and bought it solely on the basis of the reviews as I was completely fed up with suction sticker solutions.
I have to say it's brilliant! It NEVER moves, and best of all, when you park, you can easily take off the satnav (and put it in your pocket), slide out the support (and hide it in the glovebox), then lift up the mat itself and tuck it (upside down) under a seat. (this all takes about 230 secs max). Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dashboard mount, 17 May 2008
P. A. Hardman (Rossendale UK) - See all my reviews
This 'bean bag' mount is first rate. You place it on the dashboard, slide in the connector then attach the sat nav - which is easy to swivel in and equally easy to extract on leaving the car. The part can be easily adjusted to suit your driving position and thereafter it stays put. Would thoroughly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Bit of Kit, 17 Aug 2008
Nuvi Series, StreetPilot c5XX Series
Clipped my Garmin Nuvi 250W to the swan neck mount with ease. The mount sits on top of the dashboard and stays rock solid - no shake or vibration at all. I took the car out for a test drive and did a few sharp turns. The mount did not budge, passing the 'test-drive' with ease. A great bit of kit and well worth the money. No more unsightly tell-tale suction cup marks on the inside of the windscreen. Buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific gadget, 2 Nov 2008
Mr. A. Moore "The Moore Family" (Redditch UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this because I didn't want tell tale sucker marks on my windscreen saying come on I've got a sat nav so break in and get it.

Its a bit bulky so carrying it arond or storing it in the car is not easy (except for in the boot) but thats what helps make this work so well.

I thought it might move on the dashboard going around corners; no it doesn't. This holder is not secured to anything and can easily be transfered from car to car, I have a Picasso with a rounded dasboard, my wife has a golf cabriolet with an angular dash, this works equally well in both. The sat nav is very secure and can be positioned for perfect viewing wherever you place it.

No drilling, no suckers, no falling over, no sliding around... It is excellent and does everything it needs to incredibly well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ian, 27 Sep 2007
I. Tapscott (Someret, UK) - See all my reviews
Excellent bit of kit. Holds your Garmin firmly and closer to you, it's easily adjusted, easily moved about, easy to stow and doesn't leave tell tale marks on your windscreen. And lets face it, the standard windscreen suction mount inevitably falls off from time to time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect time saver, 21 Mar 2008
R. M. DWANE "offaly_rover" (Birmingham, England) - See all my reviews
Have got a Vectra, and when clearing the moisture from windscreen on cold mornings, meant that my Nuvi 310 would occasionally 'fall off'... very annoying. Also found that it was so tedious having to remove from screen every time i left the car. Bought this little gem, and it's ideal. Hasn't moved an inch on the dash when used, and can put into glovebox at speed when required. Excellent value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Garmin dasboard mount, 17 Oct 2007
Tim Burroughs (UK) - See all my reviews
It is bigger than it looks + needs a flat/curved dashboard area 20x18cm, so will not maybe fit all vehicles.
The Amazon title is misleading, but the pictures are accurate - the important thing is the part number = 010-10908-00, as there are I understand other similarly described mounts that don't have all the necessary fittings.
Recently driven a couple of thousand miles with my Nuvi350 and the mount just sits there, no movement or vibration problems of any sort.
It can be removed easily and stowed somewhere convenient - but would not tolerate being stood on. Another plus is that it can be physically moved along the dashboard to sit in front of the passenger, if they are assisting navigating etc.
Good value from Amazon + a good product.