5.0 out of 5 stars everlasting love...
I bought mine for use at work in the early 90s. 20 years later and it is still going strong. It is the longest lasting and longest serving bit of kit I have ever had. And cheaper now than when I first bought mine.
Published on 22 Mar 2012 by chris pook

2.0 out of 5 stars IN FULL WORKING ORDER...FIBS!?
I knew that the descriptor was taking liberties when it descibed the item as new,well used and in full working order. It's not new,it is well used and it is DEFINITELY not in full working order. It is starting to biodegrade inside,the inside pocket is torn completely down one side, there is a hole through the canvas on the front,plus signs of mild in the fabric...not well...
Published 4 months ago by Katdinsky

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars everlasting love..., 22 Mar 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough, 7 Mar 2013
This review is from: Berghaus Munro Men's Military Spec Backpack (Sports)
Just been on a month of running about Scotland and Europe, and this bag has and still is my best friend! Big enough to fit a months worth of kit, can be adjusted to a good size for carry on luggage for aircraft, and is made well enough to withstand rough handling and on many occasion being used as a seat! The top zip pocket doesn't fit much, but for maps, a few chew bars and if you're lucky maybe a sandwich... Although it may become flatter if you have a lot of kit crammed in.
It has two metal support bars inside, and a neoprene cushion insert to protect you back. It's also doubled as a pocket insert, which was handy for putting large envelopes for certificates without folding them up!
Having to work on ships, my weight limit is 10kg, so this bag is light and perfect for transit on helicopters to and from ship. If you want to improve it, just do some DIY and sew stuff onto it, but to be honest it's great as it is!

5.0 out of 5 stars Berghaus Munro Backpack, 5 Jun 2012
This review is from: Berghaus Munro Men's Military Spec Backpack (Sports)
Comfortable, light and strong. Convenient attachments for equipment. Compression straps are effective and it is possible to attach my old Berghaus side pockets using them.
Berghaus Munro Men's Military Spec Backpack - Cedar, 35 lt

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have piece of kit, 15 May 2014
This review is from: Berghaus Munro Men's Military Spec Backpack (Sports)
This is the best daysack I've ever owned. It has one compartment large enough for a day's outing/overnight jaunt. It's simple in it's design with a compartment to place water bladder and a waterproofed zipped flap at the lid. There are attachments for poles and elastic for other items needed quickly, I put a bungee cord around bag to secure the items but the elastic does it's job. It would easily fit in a large Bergen empty of course and if you have webbing there's no padding to get in the way. It's good for military and others wanted something that you can grab preloaded with all your needs for two days. It's rugged, comfortable and if you insert a quality liner would be 100% waterproof. I use a fifty litre Ortileb liner makes it completely immersive in water and keeps your kit dry ( I filled the bath and left it overnight with kit ) kit inside was dry and bag stood up to test drying out in a few hours. Get one you won't regret this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Didn't even know I was wearing it., 9 Mar 2014
This review is from: Berghaus Munro Men's Military Spec Backpack (Sports)
Having been looking for the perfect day sack for oath throwing all my work clothes in in order to run home from work and for long days fell walking I researched many many day sacks. A lot were either too small at 20/25 litres, or too large at 45 litres and upwards. So I decided to take a punt on this one from a trusted brand.
I wasn't disappointed at all. I wore it for the first time yesterday for a lengthy 14 mile fell walk. I managed to get all of my waterproof and warm kit in, along with some lunch, flask, maps etc.
from the first couple of miles I knew I'd made the right choice, it was comfortable, fitted in all the right places and felt like it wasn't there. I am looking forward to many miles wearing this day sack.
If you are looking for a good day sack that will be rugged enough to last the distance and will be comfortable enough to wear all day then look no further. You have found it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile and everlasting..., 26 Jun 2013
This review is from: Berghaus Munro Men's Military Spec Backpack (Sports)
... that is why I purchased the Munro.

For me it is perfect in that sense that it's dimensions are within the "carry-on" limit for most flights. That means I can fill it out and bascically cram everything I can into it for flights. That is very comforting when bringing it.

Other than that the size works for pretty much anything. Picknicks, shorter hikes, stuff to bring with you to the gym, walking around town etc. And I really like the build quality and "no fuzz" without loads of different compartments and zips taking space and "cluttering" the use of it. It is easy and useful with one big compartment, the top-lid compartment and the cords and compressions-straps usable for attaching stuff.

Simply put, perfect as it is and proven quality. So, if you can live with the green color it is perfect for anything. If it came in black, that would have been even better...

I can't recommend this enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple kit, appears very solid, 29 Mar 2014
This review is from: Berghaus Munro Men's Military Spec Backpack (Sports)
This is not complicated: a rucksack with one compartment (or two if you count the pocket in the lid). You don't have to fiddle around with the way the straps attach at the top because you can't: they are sewn in. There is no strap at sternum level between the main straps (though you can easily attach your own). The fabric is heavy and I expect it to stay water-resistant for a while. It looks as though the stitching will last if the number of rows is anything to go by.

I am not ready to review this product properly because I have not owned it for ten years (mine is a week old). This is something to buy if you want durability. I don't ask a lot of my rucksack - take sports kit to work, recycling to tip, carry shopping - but a recent £20 rucksack started coming apart after a year. From the look of it (and the other reviews) the Munro should go on and on.

5.0 out of 5 stars unstoppable, 27 Feb 2012
ugly dog (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Berghaus Munro Men's Military Spec Backpack (Sports)
like a puppy, a Munro isn't just for Christmas, it's for life. i'm on my second of these, five years in and it's just about starting to feel broken in; my first Munro saw daily use for fifteen years, survived all sorts of abuse (including being run over), and only expired after a fire.
Munro's aren't flashy, sophisticated, or complicated. but if you want a sack that will carry all you can cram into it, and last as-near-as-dammit forever, this is the one.

5.0 out of 5 stars durability, 16 April 2014
This review is from: Berghaus Munro Men's Military Spec Backpack (Sports)
this is the best daysack i have purchased in a long time. i have been using this every day for 4 months now and have had no dramas. there is a useful zip compartment on the top, which is useful for quick access, and a main compartment that is spacious. the side straps are useful for attachment of rocket pouches or tying on bike locks. this is well worth buying. i use it for civvy purposes too where it is better than any other rucksack i have used

5.0 out of 5 stars Berghaus rucksack, 30 Mar 2013
This review is from: Berghaus Munro Men's Military Spec Backpack (Sports)
Really well made lightweight rucksack. When I ordered it, I thought it would be a bit bigger as I needed to use it for 2012 festival season. Because it was smaller than expected I had to strap loads to the outside. It did not miss a beat! was a bit dubious as to whether the straps and bungee cords could put up with all that weight but in actuality my shoulders and neck gave up before the bag.... Would definitely buy again.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›