4.0 out of 5 stars As as says on the tin ......
Like many mothers who want the best for their baby but don't have the time or ability to sit down all day breast feeding on demand, the idea of the breast pump seems ideal.

Published on 22 Sep 2007 by LJP

At first, i thought i didn't screw well, but second time it happened it i realized the bottle does not seal properly even you screw it really tight, 3 times that i have split the milk by mistake, it is REALLY ANNONYING, with such a price like this, you would definitely not expect it to have this kind of problem.
Published 27 days ago by Yulynn

4.0 out of 5 stars As as says on the tin ......, 22 Sep 2007
This review is from: Medela Swing Electric Breastpump with Calma (Baby Product)

I did use a manual breast pump with my first daughter many years ago and found that I got myself into a sticky, irritated mess! It was beacuse of this I was in two minds whether to buy a pump at all, never mind spend the best part of £100 to purchase one.

Having read professional reviews, I took a leap of faith and bought this model. I must say that while it may be considered a little expensive and it is a little tricky to operate one handed (while feeding my baby with the other breast,) I expressed some three ounces of milk in around 20 minutes.

I was then able to take my baby out shopping for some essentials without having to give her formula milk or listen to her scream the shop down before we returned home.

The pump is easy to assemble, clean and operate and will be a huge benefit when I return to work in the future.

Simply, I wish I'd have bought one earlier!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 9 Jun 2014
This review is from: Medela Swing Electric Breastpump with Calma (Baby Product)
I would recommend this to every mum out there. After a lot or research I decided on this brand and I certainly made the right choice. It is quick to express milk and is easy to use. Its not too loud either which is great. I don't know what I would do without it, it gets used everyday! A must buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Efficient pump. Comfortable and easy to use., 14 Oct 2014
This review is from: Medela Swing Electric Breastpump with Calma (Baby Product)
I have been meaning to write this review for such a long time.
The first pump I received-began to stop pumping. Unfortunate for a pump! However......the service from Amazon was impeccable. A new one was sent out immediately and I was given more than enough time to return the other (time that was needed with a newborn!) now please bear in mind that this is the only breast pump I have used. But I cannot fault it. It's comfortable 'fool proof' and being able to express straight into the bottle in them early days was great. Daddy did the 8pm - 2am feeds and mummy grabbed a bit of shut eye!! (It does end.......and it is the best bit 😉)
It is a bit pricey in comparison to others. However, it's worth every penny. And with the peace of mind that Amazon have a excellent guarantee and customer service, I wouldn't hesitate to spend a few extra pounds.
It isn't the quietest. But from what I can gather. No louder than any others, infact the rhythmic noise used to help prolong nap times for us.
It's also a bit tricky to clean. But use a (new!!) toothbrush to get in all the nooks and crannys and you will be fine. I've also put all the parts (except the motor and tubing) through the dishwasher with great success.
Overall a good product that does exactly what it needs to, as comfortably as possible.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best - totally worth every penny, 20 Jan 2010
This review is from: Medela Swing Electric Breastpump with Calma (Baby Product)
I totally would recommend buying this product - worth every penny. byebye sore nipples, byebye frustrating nursing sessions with stubbern babies who refuse to breastfeed.. The product is so easy to use, and assemble - it extracts milk easily and the speed can be adjusted to suite your needs. i had the manual pump and it was terrible.. it would take me ages to extract + for someone with RSI - it just doesnt make sense. you end up with more hand/wrist damage and you wouldnt extract the same amount of milk as you would with this machine.

the health visitor advised i use a hire service if i wasnt sure about this product.. however based on all the reviews i read here and on the mothercare website i took the risk and i am really pleased :)

I say go buy it and Njoy... its totally worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars, 30 May 2014
This review is from: Medela Swing Electric Breastpump with Calma (Baby Product)
I had many frustrating attempts at expressing milk with various pumps, none worked. Except this one!! It's amazing, makes it so easy to return to work and continue breastfeeding. Worth every penny

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive performance, 20 Sep 2014
This review is from: Medela Swing Electric Breastpump with Calma (Baby Product)
I'm very impressed by the medela swing pump. I purchased it following an unexpected stay in hospital when I expressed for a week using a hospital grade pump. I needed to continue to express while I built my milk back up and this pump was entirely up to the job. The ability to vary the strength of the pump is very useful, as is the pump mimicking the rhythm of a babies suck. I've continued to use from time to time to provide expressed milk to my baby. Overall very pleased with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend to anybody, 28 Jan 2010
This review is from: Medela Swing Electric Breastpump with Calma (Baby Product)
I bought it when I had my first child. I breastfed her for almost two years and this pump has been working wonderfully during the whole time. It's easy to use and does the job well. I had a manual pump from Avent which I ended up shoving in the trashcan before I went out breast pump shopping. There's no comparison. This pump is hands down the best I've tried.

1.0 out of 5 stars with such a price like this, you would definitely not expect it to ..., 25 Sep 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 15 July 2014
This review is from: Medela Swing Electric Breastpump with Calma (Baby Product)
Great item and price, thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 July 2014