Format: Audio CD|Change

on 6 June 2003
If you're already a Millie Jackson fan you probably have this album in your collection but if your new to the woman who had the reputation of being souls naughtiest lady during the seventies and eighties, then this is "the" album to buy.
Millie's gravelly voice just oozes and cries soul on the slow and mid tempo tracks such as the classic "All the way Lover"(the full lenghth version is something to be savoured) and "Feelin like a woman" & she really knows how to rock on the track "You created a monster".
Millie is a one off and its difficult to compare her to any other artist, what she did during her peak period was to discuss in song many of the taboo subjects of the day.
This is a piece of sheer class and at the mid price on offer my final comments are Buy it!!
VINE VOICEon 7 February 2007
Millie Jackson's Caught Up duo, had brought her fame and fortune and she revisited the concept a couple of years later. The tracks here are less of a story though, so it's more of a collection of tracks on a theme than a true concept.

There are, however, some standout tracks with Millie in her usual fiery form on tracks like "You Created a Monster" and "Angel In Your Arms". There are more reflective tracks, on Feelin' Like A Woman" Millie quietly celebrates her independance, while "Back In Love By Monday" stands comparison with anything she has ever done.

Whilst , personally, I prefer the previous 2 albums, this remains a testament to a Soul songstress at the top of her game, and rightly gets a reissue, with 3 alternative takes of the best tracks added.

At the time this album originally surfaced, Soul music, in general, was on a downturn, as Disco took over. Millie responded by taking her act down the "X rated" route, leaving behind the scorching Soul legacy she had laid down. Buy this and marvel at her talent and make sure that legacy is not forgotten.
on 14 May 2006
Feelin' Bitchy is the album that started my love affair with Millie Jackson. The first time I listened to it, I wasn't sure if I liked the music or not - for the simple fact that it was impossible to hear over my laughter. I am still amazed at Millie's unique ability to combine a narrative, raunchy humour and heart breaking tunes. This woman is one of the most original artists ever to pick up a microphone. It is incomprehensible to me that Millie isn't accorded the living legend status she truly deserves.

Feelin' Bitchy is a great introduction to Millie's genius. The opening number, All The Way Lover, pretty much sums up Millie's approach to music. It is a 10 minute orgy of gravely vocals, deep grooves and hilarious love advice. I still laugh every time I hear Millie ranting about women watching too many soap operas and her advice to men to call it a day and find "a sissy". Her faux orgasm at the end is worth the price of the CD alone.

The joys continue with Lovin' Your Good Thing Away, a funky warning about sleeping around. The next two songs are two of my absolute favourites. Angel In Your Arms is a prime example of Millie's amazing vocal ability and her capacity to lay off the comedy when she needs to. This bitter ballad is followed by Millie answering the phone and talking about a friend's relationship problems. She then approaches the topic from both the female and male perspectives. A Taste Of Outside Love, the female perspective, is Millie at her fiery best. The lyric about "giving a dog its favourite bone" is just too funny. Millie rocks out on You Created A Monster, the male view on cheating women.

Cheatin' Is represents a nice change of pace, with Millie getting reflective about the effect of cheating on marriage and children. The next song, If You're Not Back In Love By Monday, is irresistible. Millie sings her heart out with this ballad, showcasing her phenomenal range. Of course, with Millie being Millie, she leads into the song with a funny plea for the couple to stay together. The final song, Feelin' Like A Woman, is Millie's thank you to her own man and an example of a more traditional RnB number.

Feelin' Bitchy is one of the few albums that I always listen to from beginning to end. There is not a single mediocre track, let alone a bad one. Buy this record and become an 'all the way lover' of Millie too.
on 17 May 2009
This is Mille Jackson on fine form and I recommend this album to anyone who loves her soulful but raunchy vocals. My favorite track which appears twice in different guises is "if you're not back in love by Monday". So sit back, relax and let this soulful queen wash all over you. I have given this album 5 stars and rightly so.
on 17 July 2012
Great artist, great recording. Millie still sounds wonderful, over thirty years after I first listened to this piece and the recording is still perfect: great bass notes, guitars and the VOICE! Always made great discs, pity she didn't sell though. I guess people were just uncomfortable with the mixed messages she was always sending out in her songs.
on 1 June 2010
i've loved this woman since I was young and she blew my mind and educated me. hearing her now again she still blows my mind and I now can agree with her. The music is as moving and captivating now as it was then. still a wonderful album.
on 5 March 2016
After hearing Caught Up and Still Caught Up, I was hooked and felt it necessary to buy this album also. This soulful lady has a great voice, and there are quality songs on this album. Kept my ears pricked up throughout.
on 27 September 2013
Got this to replace an old copy at the same time so I knew I would enjoy listening to it again. Millie Jackson is just brilliant.
on 14 March 2013
Anybody loving Millie Jackson will love this CD. I have this on LP and just had to by it on Cd Brilliant.
on 12 November 2012
Must have if you Love the real soul sound! takes you right back to that 70s feel. check out Cheatin!!!