5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, by a great band.
Strangely enough, the above track listing has True Blue rather than Don't You Know Who You Think I Am? which is what features on my version, which is also one of my favourites.

Published on 4 Aug 2007 by J. Prentice

3.0 out of 5 stars It's Converted Me...to an extent
Prior to the release of the, endearingly crazy, single This Ain't A Scene It's An Arms Race I treated FOB with more than a little disdain. Granted, they were more appealing than the likes of Panic!At The Disco but not appealing enough for me to ever want to sit through the whole of one of their albums.

Still that single certainly caught my ears, even if...
Published on 12 Feb 2007 by IWFIcon

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, by a great band., 4 Aug 2007
J. Prentice "mono" (Berkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Infinity On High (Audio CD)

But on the album itself, I really fail to see why people can dislike the catchy riffs on some of these songs. The Take Over has an incredibly good riff, as does This Ain't A Scene. This album is much grander and more ambitious than the previous album, yet Fall Out Boy are still getting prejudged. I like the lyrics they write, the music is great, but people instantly seem to call them "emo" and then ignore them. If this is what emo is, I like emo! Everyone's allowed to be depressed once in a while, though I can't really call any of the songs on this album depressing, except perhaps Golden.

All in all, a great album. One I'll be listening to for a while to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brillliant, 1 Sep 2007
This review is from: Infinity On High (Audio CD)
This album is brilliant, and if you enjoyed the other Fall Out Boy albums then you will definitely enjoy this one. All the songs are brilliant, but my personal favourites are Thnks Fr Th Mmrs, and Hum Halleiluhah. They are both great songs. The instruments are played brilliantly and all the members of the band deserve credit for making a practically flawless album. I think anyone who is a fan of rock/emo/punk music should definitely buy this album,.

4.0 out of 5 stars This Ain't A Scene, It's A Goddamn Good Album!, 10 Aug 2007
Jamie Brown (Aberdeen, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Infinity On High (Audio CD)
First off, let me say that I bought this album after my friend told me it was brilliant. I really didn't want to, but after finding all their singles really catchy, I decided to give it a try.

And what a surprise I got! This album is brilliant, it's hard to put a label to as there are some really heavy parts which I love (The (After) Life Of The Party is brilliant) but there are also more delicate songs such as Golden which show they have developed as a band.

I never thought in a million years I would buy a FOB album, but my advice to you is this; If you think a couple of their songs are catchy but have never fancied their album, get it. The majority of the songs won't let you down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Give them a chance, 15 Jun 2007
This review is from: Infinity On High (Audio CD)
This is probably one of my favourite albums of the year, but I can see why people may be put off by this.

As soon as you mention Fall out Boy you get screams of "EMO!" shouted at you from every direction, and looks aimed at you that suggest you're someone who only listens to kidpop and can't appreciate "good music".

It may have scared a few people off but luckily i'm willing to try anything, and I'm glad I did. What I found was a very brilliant, very well produced rock album.

I wasn't too sure what to make of FOB from their last album, a couple of catchy good singles and a stable album but nothing to suggest anything exceptional.

This album first came to my attention with the awesome single This ain't a scene, It's an arms race. I brought the album on the strength of the single alone, and what I found was a whole album full of catchy songs all written very well.

The riffs and hooks are superbly done, the drumming is top notch and at times gives it and very danceable quality. the lyrics are once again written somewhere between a nice subtleness and in your face punkness.

The key attribute for me on this album though are the vocals, This guy can sing! He stretches his voice to become a part of the songs and reaches and bends all the keys and notes of the songs with such ease, He easliy becomes another instrument in the writing of the music.

The couple of downbeat slow songs on this album are beautifully sung and would not have worked with a lesser voice.

I would recommend that anyone who likes catchy rock music with an infectious beat try this album, don't worry about what they're labelled. worrying about a label like emo means you could be missing out on so much good music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fall out Boy???? Who are they???, 12 Feb 2008
This review is from: Infinity On High (Audio CD)
I have to admit I am a little out of touch with modern music, I like what I know and that does me fine. However on a random trip to my local record store I couldn't help but tap my feet as I walked round. I didn't know who it was playing through the store speakers but loved their upbeat cheeky sound so curiousity got the better of me and I had to go ask a shop assistant. "Fall Out Boy" she said. Nope, sorry never heard of them, but I still went directly to the shelf and bought this album. I absolutely love it, can't stop playing it, it's on my ipod and accompanies me to work, I have it on in the background when I'm doing the housework and I even play it when I'm working out.
A great album, loads of catchy tunes and even better songs you can sing along to whilst you imagine yourself being a groupie at a concert.
Buy it....... you won't regret it!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great! Rock On!, 30 Jan 2007
Rachel (Northumberland, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Infinity On High (Audio CD)
Since the release of From Under The Cork Tree, I've been a fan of Fall Out Boy and their new album hasn't changed that.

Overall, the album is equally good and catchy as previous albums - From Under the Cork Tree and Take This To Your Grave. In my opinion, the strongest tracks are 'Thriller' (an excellent introduction to the album despite being opened by Jay-Z), 'I'm Like A Lawyer With The Way I'm Always Trying To Get You Off (Me & You)' is another good track, yet completely contrasts with other tracks on the album - it has a very typical, pop, boy-band tone, but is still a very good song. 'I've Got All This Ringing In My Ears And None On My Fingers' and 'Hum Hallelujah' are another two of the strongest tracks. The album contains a selection of multi-genre songs, each completely different from eachother and any of their previous work.

Don't be put off by 'This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race', as it's most certainly not one of the best songs on the album. Additionally, fans shouldn't be disappointed by the new `pop' style presented in particular songs!

The album is a great follow up from their previous and is definitely worth purchasing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pete Wentz and Co pull another great album out of the bag, 7 May 2007
Mr. J. A. WILD "_bilz" (Lancashire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Infinity On High (Audio CD)
This album is top-notch quality. I wasn't sure at first, but this album grows on you! Songs such as "thriller", "thnk fr th mmrs" (who in the band thought of this totally rubbish "text-version"?! My bet in on Wacky Pete) and "fame/infamy" are quality and really prove why this band are up there with the best of them. In all, a great catchy anthem with a good variety of songs- i even liked the pointless piano-stump combination of "golden". Let's just hope the Chicago lot keep drilling out gems like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fall Out Boy On a High, 26 Dec 2007
Trixy (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Infinity On High (Audio CD)
With some seriously high expectations after their album "From Under The Cork Tree", I was very impressed with the way Fall Out Boy have moved on from some of their darker moments.

The opening tune "Thriller" had nice parts from Jay Z, and got me even more excited about the next track, which is in my opinion, is one of the best on the album. It started off with Patrick Stump playing a punchy opening and featured not only great lyrics but amazing guitar parts.

The proceeding song, "This Ain't A Scene It's an Arms Race", was released, and it had catchy phrases and a nice tune. The album might have been called 'soppy' (tracks like "I'm Like a Lawyer... [Me+You] and The (After)life of the Party" etc.), but I thought they lightened up some of the harder messages - like from "You're Crashing But You're No Wave" and "This Ain't A Scene It's An Arms Race".

Overall, there was a great variety of topics covered and some amazing guitar and more great lyrics to de-code. A fantastic album full of delectable ear candy. Fall Out Boy have delivered with style and have maintained themselves as one of the best bands in the music industry today. Definitely one for buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Infinity On High, 25 July 2007
This review is from: Infinity On High (Audio CD)
After Fall Out Boys previous albums Take This To Your Grave and From Under The Cork Tree were so good, I thought it would be difficult for there next album to live up to my expectations but it did. The songs are all brilliant, especially Thnks Fr Th Mmrs. Everything about this album is good and I have nothing bad to say about it. I highly reccomend this album and if you haven't got the previous two I reccomend them just as much.

4.0 out of 5 stars It got me on a high alright, 3 Jan 2008
This review is from: Infinity On High (Audio CD)
I heard a few of Fall Out Boy's singles on Kerrang Radio and suddenly knew that I would love the new album infinity on high, and it tured out that I did.

I like the way each song has a story and a special meaning to it. The way Patric Stump sings the songs and the way the song lyrics are written makes you think much more about what the song means.

One of the things I like about Fall Out Boy is the names they choose for their songs for example: "I've Got All This Ringing In Ears But None On My Fingers." Just by hearing the name of a song like that would most definitly make me want to listen to the song or maybe find out about the artist. I think the best song on the Album is Thriller because I like the lyrics and the tune of the song.

I Think That Fall Out Boys Album is very good album and I think that you should buy it.

Infinity On High
Infinity On High by Fall Out Boy (Audio CD - 2007)