5.0 out of 5 stars Good
My husband has been using Sensodyne Pronamel for quite some time now and has found it to be an excellent toothpaste.

My husband is a vegan and therefore he eats an awful lot of fruit which could potentially be quite corrosive to the teeth. This toothpaste was recommended to him by a dentist as it will help in protecting against this.

The taste of the...
Published 1 month ago by CycleRacing

1.0 out of 5 stars Can Pronamel work?
Published on 29 Jan. 2008 by Doctor Nic

1.0 out of 5 stars Can Pronamel work?, 29 Jan. 2008
This review is from: Sensodyne Toothpaste Pronamel 75ml (Personal Care)
Unfortunately, as a dentist, I consider the claims made for this product to be pure marketing hype. Acid foods (e.g. fruit and fruit juices) can weaken the surface of dental enamel, but calcium and phosphates naturally occuring in saliva will harden the weakened surface within 30 minutes; even faster if you've recently used a Fluoride toothpaste or mouthwash. For this reason, Dentists and hygienists recommend NOT brushing for half-an-hour or so after eating acid foods, because if you do, you will remove that weakened layer and spit it down the sink.

Brushing within 30 minutes, even with Pronamel, will remove those microns anyway. Brushing with it after that length of time just provides more calcium and phosphate which the enamel can't take up because it is fully hardened from the natural calcium and phosphate in your saliva.

As their website says, it cannot replace lost enamel!

I'm afraid that this is just another example of marketing hype with no scientific background at all. Please do not brush with anything immediately after acidic foods or drinks. Just clean thoroughly, preferably with a Fluoride toothpaste once or twice a day, and use floss or interdental brushes daily.

Do this and make your dentist / hygienist redundant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 1 Jun. 2015
CycleRacing (England) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Sensodyne Toothpaste Pronamel 75ml (Personal Care)

The taste of the toothpaste isn't too strong but is pleasant enough. It seems to leave the teeth clean and with a fresh mouth. It is also quite good when you have sensitive teeth as it seems to calm them down quite quickly.

Recommended

4.0 out of 5 stars fresh & clean, 21 May 2012
This review is from: Sensodyne Toothpaste Pronamel 75ml (Personal Care)
I have very sensitive teeth, have to brush after eating sweets straight away or i keep feeling irritated. my old toothpaste wasn't really doing much for me. Even after brushing they didn't feel clean then this caught my eye and decided to give it a try. Glad I did because I do feel it makes my teeth feel clean after brushing. Not sure if it does anything for the enamel though, that's the reason for the lack of 1 star. Im satisfied with this toothpaste anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars Suits my needs, 16 Jun. 2008
This review is from: Sensodyne Toothpaste Pronamel 75ml (Personal Care)
This is one of the toothpastes that doesn't leave a slimy film in my mouth (even after rinsing) a while after brushing, I have found it does help with sensitive teeth with daily use.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 12 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Sensodyne Toothpaste Pronamel 75ml (Personal Care)
I already have sensitive teeth and this just makes them MORE sensitive?!?! Plus from what i understand you can't rebuild enamel....so in my opinion this is a waste of money

1.0 out of 5 stars Detergents, 18 Mar. 2007
This review is from: Sensodyne Toothpaste Pronamel 75ml (Personal Care)
I have used sensodyne toothpaste for years as it does not contain sodium laurel sulphate- an ingredient which gives some people, me included, mouth ulcers. Pronamel does not list this as an ingredient, but contains another detergent which has the same effect for me. It may well protect enamel, but it makes my mouth sore.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value!, 16 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Sensodyne Toothpaste Pronamel 75ml (Personal Care)
This product was good value for money.....More expensive in most supermarkets. Has really done the trick with my sensitive teeth. Very prompt service from the seller.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful aftertaste, 8 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Sensodyne Toothpaste Pronamel 75ml (Personal Care)
Bought this toothpaste as I was worried about some sensitivity to my teeth which I had not experienced before. I have used it for a week now and all I have had is a dreadful metallic aftertaste after every brushing, which returns during the day when I eat something. I would far rather put up with the bit of sensitivity I have than endure this side effect. The tube has been binned!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Runny!, 11 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Sensodyne Toothpaste Pronamel 75ml (Personal Care)
The toothpaste itself is fine but is the only one I've ever used that drips out of the tube! Much too runny to be squeezed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Awaiting Results, 26 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Sensodyne Toothpaste Pronamel 75ml (Personal Care)
Recommenced by my dentist, so I'm giving it a try. No difference as yet (temperature sensitivity) but it's early days.

Sensodyne Toothpaste Pronamel 75ml