5.0 out of 5 stars works!
Published on 10 Aug 2010 by jokat

3.0 out of 5 stars not too bad
Published 14 months ago by James Francis O'Hanlon

5.0 out of 5 stars works!, 10 Aug 2010
This review is from: Lifesystems Mosquito Smoke Coils - Green (Sports)
I've been having a job finding any shops that sell these in the UK. Finally found here on amazon. Thought I'd add a review since these are so effective at keeping mozzies out. It says to burn outside - but I have to admit, after trying lots of things for my bedroom (where I've been getting bitten to pieces every summer!) I burn these indoors, in my bedroom and by the window. I know it says to burn outside - but I had to find something because I seem to be getting a bad reaction to the bites this year and it disrupts a good nights sleep.
These things work better than anything else I have tried. I've tried the plug ins, and I think they work ok, but I have trouble finding a plug in my room that I can use - even so, when I did use them, I still had some mozzies. These coils though, when I burn them in the holder by my window, I seem to have a mosquito free zone and a good nights sleep. I recommend them.

UPDATE: Oct 2012..
Although I have no problem with the smoke (I only need to burn a few inches of a coil, not much is needed) we discovered that my partner couldn't handle it.. So, SOME people might have sensitivity to the smoke. These things are designed for using outside, where they work equally well btw.. but burning inside means putting them right next to a cracked/open window.
Probably shouldn't put this here, but the 'Jungle formula plug in's' are now my ultimate 1st choice after trying lots of things.. You'll need an adapter plug for them, they have the European 2 prong plug - there are UK to EU adapters for a few quid here on amazon.. :) (They're very good & no smoke or smell)

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 3 Feb 2010
We do a lot of camping and this little product is absolutely ideal for coping with midgies even in Scotland.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mosquito, 3 Oct 2010
This review is from: Lifesystems Mosquito Smoke Coils - Green (Sports)
Without this product it isnt safe to sit in my garden... with it, however, it is... never been bitten with it... but eaten alive without... Excellent product...

5.0 out of 5 stars fly free, 23 Jun 2010
This review is from: Lifesystems Mosquito Smoke Coils - Green (Sports)
having used similar items in India,we now do the same here and this product fits the bill perfectly.
We are now a fly and bug free area

5.0 out of 5 stars These work, simple as that!, 29 Sep 2010
This review is from: Lifesystems Mosquito Smoke Coils - Green (Sports)
These are great, they definately work, I've bought more of them.

Much better than mosquito bites.

Good delivery time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect product - once youve learned the knack of separation, 13 Nov 2012
This review is from: Lifesystems Mosquito Smoke Coils - Green (Sports)
There are 10 coils in a pack.
Coming "joined" as concentric twos. the trick is to identify where the actual "joins are" - usually two on outer rings and two nearer centre.
break these carefully - and then gently push every other ring. once they start to release - like your fingers when "interlocked" you are on the right track. With a little patience - can get all 5 pairs separated with no breakages.
the pack comes with 2 metal stands.
We went to the gambia - used these- even when reading late night on balcony - and had nil bites between 3 of us over that period.
AND there were miossies about - as our cleaner was recovering from malaria that week!
they work - be patient - then a must take in such at risk areas.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mosquito coils, 3 Mar 2013
This review is from: Lifesystems Mosquito Smoke Coils - Green (Sports)
The product sells itself. Efficient delivery.
The only pain was separating the coils as they are packed very tightly in pairs - have to be extremely gentle when pressing apart.
Great that came with stands
Will be purchasing again in the near future

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 3 Aug 2012
Mr. M. Warren (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lifesystems Mosquito Smoke Coils - Green (Sports)
We use these camping as my girlfriend seems to have the perfect blood for the lil bitey bugs we have here in the UK! She literally gets eaten alive! A couple of these things at the front of our tent keeps these bugs away. They burn for well over the entire evening and early in to the morning.

We have found these to be a lot slower burning and a nicer smell than the recent Gelert one's (they are now black). They have also become the 'camping smell'.

I will be checking to see if we can take these to Greece in September to test the Mozzy part of this product!

4.0 out of 5 stars They are great for keeping insects at bay, 8 Sep 2014
D. Egan (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lifesystems Mosquito Smoke Coils - Green (Sports)
I've used these for years. They are great for keeping insects at bay. I would never put Deet on my skin and skin friendly Citronella sprays only last about 30 minutes. So my tactic is to cover up and use a mosquito net and a head net if necessary. I was recently on a river trip in Canada and bought these smoke coils for that trip. Black flies descended on us in their hundreds and were particularly active during the two hours before dark. Usually at that time we were pitching tents and many got inside the tents. After pitching I would light 2 of these coils and place them at the open doorway to our tent and leave them burning while we went to the campfire for dinner. The smoke would flush out all insects including mosquitoes effectively fumigating the tent. Once cleared of bugs we could close up our tent and be guaranteed an undisturbed night. The tent was well ventilated with 2 mesh bug screen windows so we had no risk of inhaling the smoke. We did not have the coils burning while we slept. The coils burn for hours and we also lit them when we sat around the campfire to deter mosquitoes. Most people on our trip had dozens of bites all over their faces and neck but we didn't. I recommend this product to be used for camping in well ventilated spaces.

3.0 out of 5 stars not too bad, 9 Oct 2013
This review is from: Lifesystems Mosquito Smoke Coils - Green (Sports)
They seem to work great and they burn for a long time and it’s easy to extinguish them to continue use later. But they don’t half fall apart when your trying to take them backpacking with you. And the little metal stands that are supplied for them, once they’ve been used a couple of times and then packed away after each time, the metal bend will slowly weaken until it just falls apart.
They’re not great, but if you’re just going to keep them at home or in a large luggage case then I guess they’ll be fine for you.

Lifesystems Mosquito Smoke Coils - Green