5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product, large size.good value
I have used this product for years and was happy to find large sizes which make it even better value for money,
Published on 12 Nov. 2011 by Bren

2.0 out of 5 stars jackets not clean
The two jackets did not appear clean after washing, despite using product neat on cuffs as advised. not yet checked for weatherproofing!
Published 19 months ago by jennifer

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product, large size.good value, 12 Nov. 2011
Recently I looked after my sons dog for a week.I work my waterproof jacket every day. It has been regularly washed in nikwax. I was dry every day when I came home,apart from the Tuesday,when we were out for an hour and the rain went from rain to downpour very fast. The heavy rain initially ran off my waterpfoof layer [due to the waterproofing,it then ran onto me legs. Then into my shoes.I was drenched,the dog was too.
When we got home the water was just starting to get through at throug to the fleece. I dries the coat,it took a while,have since washed and reproofed it. Well happy.This is not a top of the range jacket,it cost about £60 3 years ago.
It is essential that you follow the instructions
checl the washing instructions in the coat and make sure that you wash at the right temperature.
You need to remove all trace of detergent from the washing powder dispenser .Before I wash the coat, I always take the dispenser out and leave it in hot water in the sink for ten minutes to soak then rinse under running water and wipe with a cloth [dont forget to check the bottom of the dispenser]. I have always been happy with the results I get,using this product

5.0 out of 5 stars Nikwax Tech Wash, 18 Mar. 2011
I tried a small bottle first to clean an old comfortable walking jacket and it worked so well that I bought another 5 litres. I now use it on a regular basis to clean and re proof all my walking, ski and motorcycle gear and I can't speak highly enough about the results. I read the features section for the product and was a little cynical at first, but the proof of the pudding as they say is in the eating. No excuse now for dirty kit, the product does what it says on the plastic container.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 25 Jan. 2013
I am a regular walker in all weathers and conditions which can be hard on my clothes. I always wash my wet weather gear in Nikwax Techwash and reproof it when necessary with another Nikwax product. I have found them very effective in cleaning and waterproofing so decided to go for the larger size.

This order arrived in good time and was, I feel, very good value for money. I will definitely be using this company in future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works a treat, 25 Mar. 2014
(VINE VOICE)
I had a coat that was waterproof, with a hood, and had washed it in the washing machine. Unfortunately, it lost its proofing, so when it rained heavily earlier this year I got soaked. The clincher was a walk round the lake at Clumber Park. I decided to try this and the corresponding proofing treatment.

The Tech Wash is a gentle detergent that is not going to remove any proofing treatments. After a machine wash with this at a low temperature, I used the Nikwax proofing, which also goes in the washing machine, like a detergent. After checking labels, I did a low temperature tumble dry and then tested in the next storm. (Luckily, in the winter or 2013-14, storms were reliable and I didn't have to wait long.

The result was that the coat was waterproof again, and I remained dry. As I could not easily find a replacement for the coat in question, even at a large Go Outdoors, I am really pleased about the results. Yes, I know I will have to re-proof the coat in the future, but for just a few pounds per proofing I thought this was a bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 20 Nov. 2010
It arrived within a couple of days - and was indeed the genuine article. I was worried that it wouldn't be. Definitely a good buy - so much cheaper than buying the little bottles from 'walking shops' Blacks and the like, Told my friends and they all ordered a supply.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant cleaning, 30 Oct. 2011
bookwormsu "thrifty" (Somerset UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Nikwax Tech Wash Waterproofing

I used this to do my two brown winter jackets and put them by for next winter (now upon us). They semed clean. But I noticed the difference when I did my stone coloured summer jacket because the colour shows the dirt. What was a grubby jacket came up looking new. So I am very pleased. I washed on wool cycle to be safe, and dried naturally. Very good product and out of one small bottle I have done three jackets and more left. I dont know yet if its waterproof.

4.0 out of 5 stars Compulsory for Gore-tex and similar, 21 Jan. 2011
If you've spent a lot of money on a decent jacket, you really should have this stuff as well. It will wash the dirt off your coat without destroying the proofing (although it will still need re-treatment from time to time with Nikwax Tx. Direct Wash In Wash In Waterproofer).

Most places only sell the small bottles - Amazon's price for the large bottles makes it a lot easier on the wallet, especially if you've a few waterproofs in the house.

4.0 out of 5 stars Repellent, in a good way, 14 Mar. 2012
Seems to work well. Used (approx. two bottles) over a period of three years on a brand name, black waterproof jacket which is mainly for cycling, and a soft-shell water shedding jacket. I used to use normal detergents years ago, on other technical clothing, and looking back it did seem to 'blow' the fabric open and decrease the water repellency. Obviously this does the opposite.

You do notice that the water beads off after using this, and the jackets I've used it on have worn very well and stayed really soft. This product seems expensive, but given that it extends the life of even more expensive clothing, it's probably a good investment. The actual cleaning qualities are surprisingly good (surprisingly because it is by definition a gentle detergent), which I've noticed particularly on my partner's white soft-shell jacket.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, but follow instructions carefully!, 20 Jun. 2012
I have used this product many times before to clean my biking kit before re-waterproofing and it is excellent. The only critisism is that it doesn't remove ALL of the dirt, especially on very light coloured areas. (then again some well known detergents struggle too). It does tell you to remove all traces of detergent from the soap tray of the washing machine. This is because detergent stops the TX Direct spray on from re-proofing your clothing. I do this by putting the machine on an empty hot wash. I was shocked by how many bubbles were in this empty wash, which would have got into my bike kit if I hadn't have done it. I sprayed with the proofing liquid after washing in this product and the result was a jacket and trouser combo that beaded water like a freshly waxed car. Very happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps a pricey jacket working at its best!, 21 Jun. 2012
W Brooks (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
We bought this 1l cleaner to clean (and then rewaterproof) 2 hardshell waterproof jackets. I opted for the larger version as you need about 150ml per wash, so the 300ml version would only have got 2 washes from the entire bottle.

The product itself is great, having removed smells of BBQ smoke and stains from tree branches/bushes etc. There is no measuring cap with the bottle and the bottle itself is opaque so you'll need a measuring jug or similar to use this.

One point to note - make sure the washing machine dispenser drawer is clean of all soap and softener residue - clean the drawer and run the machine through empty before using this. Any detergent remaining could leaving water attracting residue on the jacket which fairly defeats the point.

Overall if you follow the instructions on this and its counterpart Nikwax TX. Direct Wash In Waterproofer then you'll keep your eVent jackets (as ours are) or Gore-Tex clean and dry for a long time.

Nikwax Tech Wash (300ml)