5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Item & Very Good Price
We looked at many of these Bit Sets & this was by far the best price, but this was not reflected in the quality, as it is excellent value for money.
Published on 9 Jun 2012 by Naylor1954

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesnt last long
Was much cheaper than the Tungsten Carbide tipped bits but was blunt after 2 cuts. So it is bad economy. Bought Tungsten Carbide bit. Still sharp after many cuts.
Published on 3 Jan 2010 by I. Dehan

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesnt last long, 3 Jan 2010
I. Dehan "tayir" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silverline 719769 Kitchen Router Bit Set 4-Piece 1/2-inch / 1/4-inch (DIY & Tools)

1.0 out of 5 stars Get what you pay for......., 18 Jun 2013
These blades are what you'd expect for the price, terrible poor quality. Each blade will cut one side of a mitre joint if your lucky, if your unlucky you'll end up with a ragged cut to redo. You will need the entire box to complete one joint, so if your doing more than one then spend the cash on trade bits.

1.0 out of 5 stars nearly disastrous, 15 Mar 2014
Ivan Bradley "Using Mrs's credit card again..." (Central England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I've used a range of SL bits over the past few years with mixed results. Sometimes they're fine, other times they chew work up. The biggest problem I've had with them is slipping out of the collett, giving bizarre ramp -edged rebates. I think they're maybe undersized.
They are cheap though and fairly sharp and sometimes I buy them in a fit of optimism instead of accepting that a bigger hole in my wallet would be less problematical long term..

This batch was awful. I wasn't doing the cutting. Ian "If it's not Festool It's rubbish" McWoodworker was doing the cutting while I was clamping and swabbing his brow.

It was a simple piece of surgery - edging a softwood shelf, following a curved template profile and these bits were to hand as he's just bought himself a "bargain."

Over a run of little more than a couple of feet, taking shallow nibbles, the bearings of THREE different SL cutters either seized and scorched/trenched the wood or in one case, disintegrated completely with inevitable consequences. Fortunately - this time - the shelf could be re-cut and edged again.
For the re-edging we sorted out a proper bit - either a Trend or a CMT - and this time it edged the entire length - about six feet - without a hiccup.
OK, the pro bit was about forty quid and the Silverlines were threppence for a bagful. If the SL had worked, it would have been a fantastic bargain. They didn't, and it wasn't.

The horror would have been if we'd been jointing an expensive cut-to-length worktop or edging a hardwood chest of drawers or somesuch and a bearing had collapsed so the bit chewed out a chunk of good real estate. It could have worked out VERY expensive.

I think I've learned my lesson. I may get seduced by shiny cheapness again and shoot myself in the foot. I hope not.

The cutting edges would probably have done the job. The bearings failed, every time.

There is NO way these could be described as fit for purpose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Item & Very Good Price, 9 Jun 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars They look good, 14 July 2014
They look good however I have not used them yet so can not comment on performance. I have a smaller set of router bits from Silverline which work just fine so based on that I would say that they are ok.

Don't expect cheap router bits to stay sharp for long without a sharpen, that's just the way it is.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 18 Jun 2014
Bought the set to shape new kitchen worktops. The first router bit 1/2-inch, long type was blunt after doing a single joint.

4.0 out of 5 stars Okay bits., 7 Mar 2014
They do what it says on the tin, but probably not the highest of quality. I used them for fitting a kitchen and they worked quite well. They seems to me to be good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good job, 16 Feb 2014
5 stars, How can I not. I bought these to help me install 6 metres of solid oak worktops into my kitchen. In total I have done 7 cuts through these worktops and have only needed to use one of bits. A nice clean finish too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bit set., 27 Dec 2013
Works well does the job and great value. Would recommend it to other people who want to buy or need one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Two worktops done perfectly, 16 Dec 2013
I needed a set of cutters to complete my kitchen DIY project. I wanted a set that were good enough to prepare two solid oak worktops with cut-outs for sink and hob and finish the edges and joints, but I also knew that I'd probably never use them again after that. I used the cutters that came with my router (Silverline 1/2 inch router) on scrap for practice and then these for the cuts on the actual worktop.

The key thing to know about this product is that using them I've produced two very nice solid oak worktops which are now installed in my kitchen.

I'm no expert at using a router so as soon as I felt the edge was going off a blade I replaced it and took my time and worked slowly. This means that the set probably wouldn't have done a third worktop - but then these are cheap enough to buy another set!