4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value Diamond Disc
I bought 2 of these discs after reading the existing reviews which were helpful, I compared the reviews to other similar products and this Disc came out favourably. So far, I've made cuts totally 60 feet in 2 inch thick paving slabs which it cut with ease, the disc is starting to show signs of wear and I don't think it would cut another 60 feet, However, for the money, I...
Published on 18 July 2011 by Doug from Plymouth UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Better off with fibre discs
As a keen DIY'er, I've done a fair bit of paving and brick cutting over the years, both for myself and friends / neighbours etc. I've always used the cheapest disposable / fibre discs, which I buy online for about 75p each. I have no trouble with these, but had always wanted to try a diamond disc, thinking they would be much better, but was put-off by the high price. When...
Published on 29 May 2012 by Russ

‹ Previous | 1 2 312 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Good while it lasted, 5 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Silverline 589673 Concrete and Stone Cutting Diamond Blade 230 x 22.2 mm (Tools & Hardware)
This is a cheap diamond disk, and you get what you pay for. If you want to only cut a few bits this will be perfect but not for prolonged heavy use. I managed to cut 16 reinforced concrete fence posts with it before it was completely blunt. On the up side it is balanced well, causing very little vibration and cut is accurate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Silverline Concrete Cutting Disc, 10 Dec. 2011
Mr. P. Young - See all my reviews
I brought this cutting disc to finish off my Patio. The disc is nice and solid and easy to fit. Cuts through the slabs with ease,I found that a gentle score line across the slab first helped to keep the cut straight.Cutting slabs create a awfull lot of dust,so recommend you wear the appropiate safety gear before starting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth their weight in gold, 25 Aug. 2013
Had a project to build a new roof and I needed to cut dozens of concrete roof tiles. Started with the normal abrasive stone discs that I am familiar with an wore out a disc cutting just 4 tiles and needed to order more. Bought half a dozen abrasive disc thinking I needed that many and I bought just one of these just as an experiment as they didn't look like they would last ten seconds. Completed the whole job with just one of these disc's and barely touched it in terms of warring it out. Cut was much more fine and precise than typical abrasive discs. Of course the paint has rubbed off but what do you expect. Clearly with any heavyweight tool such as a 9 inch grinder you need a little care in use as if you go at the material too quickly you could chip it a little on start and end of cut but that's down to skill in use of such a tool. For me these cutting disks are worth their weight in gold.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cuts like a knife through butter !, 3 Oct. 2011
I bought this disc after reading the reviews. I had a patio to do with lots of slab cutting, I thought at the price it was worth taking the risk. It is a brilliant disc, I used it every day for a week and it is not showing any signs of blade wear, would recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars A cheap blade bought for a one off job, cutting old mortar out of 35mm and 50mm patio flags, 8 Jun. 2014
I wanted this product to cut old mortar from between some 100 patio flags (once cut the mortar could be broken out).
I bought two blades, as I assumed, that even if reasonable quality, at the price there was no way one blade would
complete the job. Difficult to quantify how many square metres of cutting was achieved and the old mortar ranged from
hard to poor condition, but I completed the job with approx. 40% use of just one blade. Also made light work of cutting
concrete bricks and flags. Whether it represents value for money compared to a £50-60 blade, I can't comment but these
blades, at less than £10 each, are worth considering. No segments were shed (and at the price, a lost segment would
not feel like such a problem as would be the case with an expensive blade).

3.0 out of 5 stars diamond disc, 24 Jan. 2014
I use these diamond type blades ,day in day out, i thought that it was going to wear down after an hour.,I was surprised how long this lasted.
Cuts block pavers,concrete, slabs etc.
Bargain for the price

3.0 out of 5 stars ok for blocks but not flags, 12 Dec. 2013
Not the best blade, You would expect to pay £100 for a decent blade of hardly surprising. I used this for cutting blocks and worked ok, Would not used for flagging as the kick in the saw would cut your leg off!

1.0 out of 5 stars Silverline 589673 230x22mm Concrete Cutting Disk, 18 Jun. 2013
Mr. Peter Mackett (Cambride UK) - See all my reviews
Tried this for cutting a 6 feet line in 2 inch concrete got half way and it was blunt so could not carry on. Don't waste your money on this for Concrete cutting go for the
Silverline 633588 230 mm x 22 mm Turbo Wave Blade it was much better for Concrete.

4.0 out of 5 stars angle grinder cutter, 2 July 2012
This angle grinder cutter is fine, it fits exactly and cuts cleanly and well. Fast delivery and inexpensive. I'm very pleased with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars cutting disc., 27 Dec. 2012
very good cutting disc.delighted with this item,would recommend it to all my friends,can use it again and again.also fair price.

‹ Previous | 1 2 312 | Next ›