5.0 out of 5 stars Good item, not so good packaging
Published on 6 Jan 2011 by Gee27

3.0 out of 5 stars letter and number stamp set
note that the stamp set is upper case letters. Also it is very heavy. The wooden box was broken when it arrived but I'm sure more padding in the parcel would prevent that next time.
Published on 5 Jan 2010 by Berni

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars letter and number stamp set, 5 Jan 2010
Berni (Galway, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silverline 273197 Letters and Numbers Stamp Set 36-Piece (Tools & Hardware)

3.0 out of 5 stars LETTER NUMBER STAMP SET SILVERLINE, 10 Mar 2011
D. North "delboy" (england) - See all my reviews
PRODUCT OK BUT POORLY WRAPPED AND LID OF BOX BROOKEN OFF WHICH I HAD TO RE GLUE BUT ACTUAL STAMPS OK

5.0 out of 5 stars Good item, not so good packaging, 6 Jan 2011
I to read the previous reviews and as you do you chance your mitt. Well it happened to me like the last review. The worst packaging for this item ever. A thin piece of cardboard wrapped around a heavy wooden box just spells disaster. The package had been split and the wooden box was broken and contents lying within the package. Thankfully no items within were lost. Please package this heavy item propery for posting. the stamps thereself are good but a bit rusty. They must of been lying about in a cold place but Im sure I can sort that. Likewise the wooden box I will have to glue and pin the box lid back together. The letters are big size so if your looking for small lettering dont buy these. Besides that a good bit of kit and just what I was looking for.

2.0 out of 5 stars Large sized stamps, 27 Dec 2010
These stamps are not very good quality, mine arrived very rusty. The box looked ok, but I have not been able to close it again, the fit is so tight - you get what you pay for I suppose. When I bought them there was no mention of the size - they are BIG - 5mm high each. Most sets are normally 1 - 3mm. I had bought them for jewellery work, for which they are useless. They would be ok for general DIY work though.

5.0 out of 5 stars exactly what I wanted, 18 Sep 2012
I bought these after looking everywhere for stamps to use on pottery. They are excellent, cheaper than those available from ceramics suppliers I use for everything else. The box arrived in one piece and is very useful for storing them in the right order for quick use. If you are going to use them on clay, make sure it is just under leather-hard for best results.

3.0 out of 5 stars Happy with stamps, unhappy with box, 3 July 2012
I had read the other reviews and a number spoke of the broken box, however I still decided to go ahead. Mine also arrived with the box broken but I felt assured this would not damage the product and the product was what I wanted. I am very happy with the stamps and have used them in several ceramic projects. I did not mind about the box as I just transferred them however the box should of course be intact when it arrives. The price was too good to pass up for the product and I am happy with the product just not with the packaging.

5.0 out of 5 stars letter and number stamps, 26 Aug 2011
Recieved in good time as always with Amazon. The usual poor packing but a great item that I found works well even on hard metals. £6 cheaper than I could find on Ebay and free post. 5mm figures, proper hardened tool steel as far as I could tell, so keep them dry or oiled as it could rust, but is better for the job than stainless, nhice little box too,

2.0 out of 5 stars Box broken to pieces and letters rusty, 18 Dec 2011
This heavy box arrived in a ripped jiffy bag and the box was broken into 4! Some of the stamps have a bit of rust on them, I would return this but can't afford the postage to send it back!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stamps, 29 Jan 2012
Brilliant Product. Arrived in a reasonable time. Good little box to hold stamps. Have used often since I bought them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the money, 29 May 2013
As the title suggests, I think these stamps are very good value for the price paid: I am fortunate that I didn't experience any of the problems as stated in previous reviews, ie broken box or packaging, rusty items etc. As the material from which they are made is not rust resistant, I don't think anyone should be surprised by some rust, which is generally easily removed. All in all, they are probably as good as you would get anywhere for anything around this price.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›