5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but good
I bought one of these for use in water rescues while kayaking, attached to a line it allows me to quickly hookup to and release other boats and is easy to operate one handed.
I've used it in both fresh water and salt water and the karabiner currently shows no sign of rust, not something I can say for some of my other "water-resistant" tools.
Published on 4 Jun. 2011 by D. Buck

3.0 out of 5 stars Large and strong but only a small opening
I wanted a large caribiner to hang a bag off my golf carts tubular frame. This one looked the part as the internal dimensions are 85mm x 35mm, however the largest item that can get through the gate is only 15mm diameter. It is immensely strong being rated at 22KN which is around two tons.
Published on 3 Aug. 2012 by UKT

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but good, 4 Jun. 2011
D. Buck - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silverline 427654 Karabiner 108 x 56mm (discontinued by manufacturer) (DIY & Tools)

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says on the tin., 1 Dec. 2012
I'm going to be carrying some camera gear up a lot of tall structures whilst on holiday. So, in accordance with common sense, which I'd hope would be a default setting in everyone, I decided I needed to attach any loose objects to myself, so that a) I don't drop my gear, and b) I don't kill anyone on the ground by dropping a 2kg DSLR from 600ft!

I think this item was overkill as it appears I could pick up a car with it.....or maybe 1000 Olympus E3's!!

The spring seems strong and it seems lo lock nice and tight when screwed up. It'll do the job perfectly :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 3 Mar. 2013
I wanted a Karabiner that would NOT come undone to secure my Staffy's lead to his collar and this does the trick. Yes it's a bit bigger and heavier than I would ideally like, but it doesn't come undone (unlike some smaller ones I have bought) so it's worth it. My dog's safety is paramount.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 4 Dec. 2013
Ken Adam "Mapper" (Midlothian, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Bought to use as a hammock fixing. Seems ideal, and is slightly less expensive than the Panoply equivalent.
Both items have the same strength rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars good cheap heavy duty karabiners, 18 July 2012
A. P. Moore (UK) - See all my reviews
good for my use of quick attachment/detachment of my hammock on the balcony, look like they will last a fair few years to come

3.0 out of 5 stars Large and strong but only a small opening, 3 Aug. 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars would I recommend, 8 Oct. 2013
it's cheap, will it do the job? not sure. the standard of finish and machining is poor nor does the safety clip close properly. buy elsewhere and a different make is my suggestion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and Solid, 16 Jan. 2013
A solid feeling carabiner with twist-locking gate. The twist lock and gate can be used one-handed whilst still feeling like it won't undo on its own. Diameter of steel is approx. 10mm and it is rated at 22kN (equivalent of lifting 2-tonnes). I've bought mine to make a tow rope for the car - much easier than trying to undo a knot on a cold, wet night.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid but heavy, 30 July 2011
Woman Friday (Dorking Surrey) - See all my reviews
Excellent product - very smooth turning screw on gate to both extremes. Using for kayaking so needs to tick all the boxes and was slightly heavier than others I've used, so only a 4, but excellent price

5.0 out of 5 stars Indestructable, weather proof and versatile, 9 May 2012
S. Burke "Steve Burke" (London) - See all my reviews
This karabiner was intended to stop little fingers opening the garden gate, in place of a padlock that I wouldn't have used had I needed to open it each time with a key. Has also doubled up as a makeshift hoist and to attach stuff to the roof rack with total confidence. It's also wide enough to clip over a ladder rung and hold a bucket.

OK so the cosmetic finishing may not be upto polished climbing grade standard, but that isn't what they're intended for and they are priced accordingly.

Fantastic quality and will be buying half a dozen more for a shade sail project I've got in mind.