Size: 84mm|Change

on 6 May 2011
50mm doesn't seem that big till you have this in your hands, much bigger than I thought! However it does fir the shed door lock, and no one is getting in there, thats for sure! If you are buying this for a shed padlock or something similar or bike store, you maybe want to go a size down, it is very chunky, as I said it fits on mine, but it is a wee bit tight.

Very heavy too, there is a sort of cap on the underside, so the lock would not freeze over or get water in or rust. Very sturdy, and 3 keys is a bonus too!
on 9 July 2010
Does what you expect, robust, useful weatherproofing and lock cover. Useful to have 3 copies of keys.
Didn't arrive as quickly as expected but very happy with them when they got here.
on 5 February 2012
I bought this for my bedroom weird but people keep getting stuff but then i decided its good enough for my shed and swapped then over
on 8 August 2011
This seems very strong and sturdy. The rubber casing and lock cover give it good weather protection.
Lock is easy to operate with no sticking.
I would recommend that you do check the dimensions of the lock before purchase, especially the diameter of the hasp. It works fine for us but is very chunky.
All in all would recommend this lock for strong, secure protection; providing you have checked it will fit.
on 3 August 2011
Bought this in April to keep my back garden gate locked. Tried to lock this last week and I couldn't even get the shackle to go down. The area around the lock is rusted and that includes the area under the black cover (it comes off easy). I assume it's weather proof provided you use it in summer and not in Scotland (or any other place it rains a lot).
on 23 June 2012
A word of warning: do not use this lock in an exposed position.

After the recent period of heavy rain, I tried to open this lock. No joy! To cut (sorry) a long story short, I had to buy a new angle grinder to remove said lock (mine was in the secured garage!). This was despite regularly operating and lubricating the lock.

I admit that there are degrees of weather resistance; however, you can't just put a plastic shroud on a plain lock and call it "weather resistant". Had I not oiled the lock, I suspect I would have returned it within a month.

If you want a lock that doesn't demand frequent TLC and that stands a fair chance of operating after a shower of rain, do yourself a favour and buy a decent brass lock: don't waste your time with this.
on 16 April 2012
The Padlock was bought in conjunction with a 900mm Silverline security chain to secure my bike. For a total of £6.70 both products are perfect for each other. An added bonus in that my lock arrived in blue rather than yellow as shown in the picture and therfore goes with my chain. On first impressions the lock does look a bit cheap and lets be honest for £3.13, it really is. I think the all-weather cover gives it this cheap look and it feels that there is a top-quality padlock hiding underneath. My lock came with only one of the covers protecting the part between the shackle and lock itself, but I don't think it will cause a problem, just annoying, hence 4-star rating. Great value and security for the money.
on 18 June 2011
Three decent padlocks for a very reasonable price.
I've used them aong with chain to secure our ever increasing number of wheelie bins.
Job done.
on 28 January 2013
I bought this in February 2012 to secure my shed.

It has been very prone to freezing, often I have had to thaw it with hot water before it would open in the winter months (as well as lubricating all 3 of my shed locks frequently)

Today, January 28th 2013 it has seized up and has refused to open. I have just managed to cut it off with a decent sized hacksaw in about 1-2 minutes, which is the most worrying thing, that I have been relying on the lock for the past 11 months.
on 7 May 2012
The padlock I received was very poor quality. The clasp mechanism was sticky and did not reliably lock in the dozen or so times I tried it when it first arrived.

It didn't look terribly heavy duty either, apart from the plastic cover. The keys also looked like the lock wouldn't be too difficult to open with a well-angled screwdriver and braddle.

I was so un-impressed I returned the lock before even trying it 'in real life' as it were.