5.0 out of 5 stars good gauntlets
bought these to stoke the wood burner up with as it gets incredibly hot. this is the thrid pair we have had, not for welding, but for dealing with brambles, bonfires, hawthorn trees and now a log fire! Brilliant, inexpensive bit of kit - can you make them in a smaller size for us girls please?
Published on 29 Jan 2010 by Alison Gray-Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok
I use this for a smoker bbq, have to say oven gloves hold the heat off a few seconds longer, but the fact these are gloves make them more practical and will give them more uses. If I really needed very heat resistant gloves would look else where, for money ok
Published 8 months ago by Mr Nolan Kuklinski

5.0 out of 5 stars good gauntlets, 29 Jan 2010
Alison Gray-Smith "kiteslady" (Lincolnshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silverline 282389 Welders Gauntlets 330mm (Tools & Hardware)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value for money!, 19 Mar 2014
Des Lavender (Essex, ENGLAND) - See all my reviews
Does a great job of stopping me getting burnt on the doors of the multi fuel stove. Just beware that they may not be as heatproof as an oven glove if the handle has got red hot. But that's an extreme. If you need gauntlets, buy these!

5.0 out of 5 stars So versatile, 20 Feb 2014
Antoine Camilleri - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
I initially bought these gloves for welding, and have found them so comfortable and very well made. In fact I ordered a couple more for use with the BBQ and other odd jobs requiring hand protection.

Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome gloves, 1 Nov 2013
they are a tiny bit tight for my hands but thats my chunky hands not the gloves fault,
they are still nice to wear
very well made nicely lined with good solid stitching and very good value for money i could not ask for more
they are as good as any named brand out their

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the garden survivalist!, 7 Nov 2014
These are EXCELLENT when used as heavy duty gardening gloves. They give you the confidence to get stuck in, when weeding and handling (for example):

* nettles
* vicious brambles
* dog roses
* thistles

They are a good fit, as well as being comfortable.
They finish half-way up the forearm of the average adult male, giving good protection.
They don't allow much finger dexterity, but that should not be considered a downside, considering their excellence in protection!

Have bought for friends, due to how impressed I am with these gloves ability to protect me from my garden (which I'm fairly sure has got it in for me...), in the hope that together we can survive the spiky green menace!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for putting logs in the burner, 14 Mar 2012
I bought these to prevent burns when loading logs into our log burning stove. They are comfortable and reach half way up my arms preventing any burns to hands and sleeves.
Very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 July 2014
ok

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 July 2014
Very thick and safe

5.0 out of 5 stars A good buy, 12 Jun 2014
They may look a bit rough around the edges, but that is to be expected for something this cheap In terms of functionality, they're great. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality. They're tough, reasonably comfortable, and versatile. I bought 2 pairs for metalworking, expecting to wear them out rather quickly. They're still going strong, and the second pair is still unopened.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent gloves for welding and handling metals., 7 Jun 2014
R de Bulat (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I suppose the first thing that impressed me about these gloves is the size: I have large hands and expected a tight fit, but these are comfortable, with an inner lining and soft feel. I have used various gloves for welding and most of them have been unlined with sharp seams. These feel like luxury: at the price, they are good value for money.

Silverline 282389 Welders Gauntlets 330mm