on 25 May 2013
I've now had 2 of these (call me a masochist!) and neither has lasted 2 years. "Support" claimed one problem was nothing to do with them, even though it was still in warranty - I swapped the hard drive for that in the other broken one myself and it worked (so Support seems to be as crap as the machine), but this one has packed up now after several more months.
One star is far too generous
on 10 January 2009
I have had this machine for over a year now and I still find it difficult to use. The user interface is unintuitive and appallingly designed. For example, once you navigate the not-so-obvious sequence of menus to display what programmes you have set to record you are presented with a series of times and dates but no indication WHAT these programmes are. You have to drill down for this information. The result is that if you have more then a handful of programmes set to record deleting them becomes a time-consuming task with the result that they don't get deleted at all once the series comes to and end and the number of programmes set gets ever larger and even more difficult to navigate. And the disk fills up with crap that you never wanted to record in the first place.

Another feature it is lacking is the ability to record for a few minutes before and after the programme's published times (you can only use the EPG to record programmes). My previous PVR allowed me to specify default values for time before and time after. The absence of this feature means that I often miss the first or (most annoyingly) last few minutes of a programme because is was not transmitted at exactly the right time.