4.0 out of 5 stars done the job
Happy with this polishing pad. Helped me polish out a paint run after i sanded it down with 1500 grit. Was worried it would fall apart as some of the other reviews suggested. Was perfectly good after its first use but was only a small job (door). Will it stand the test of time? maybe! with light use and care.
Published on 14 Aug 2011 by Dem

1.0 out of 5 stars Silverline 633521 White Polishing Sponge
very very poor quality I wish I had read the reviews before i bought this item.I used to do valeting for a living so I know how to use these things on a buffer and as soon as i touched my car with this sponge half of it disintigrated and shot across the car. I would recommend look for a better alternative .Silverline 633521 White Polishing Sponge
Published on 27 Sep 2010 by M. Campbell

1.0 out of 5 stars Silverline 633521 White Polishing Sponge, 27 Sep 2010
M. Campbell "Melo" (Crewe, Cheshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars PLEASE DO NOT BUY !!!, 14 Sep 2013
This review is from: Silverline 633521 Polishing Sponge 150mm (DIY & Tools)
I FIRMLY BELIEVE THAT THIS PRODUCT IS THE WORST PRODUCT I HAVE EVER PURCHASED EVER.

NO MATTTER THE SPEED SELECTED ON THE POLISHER WHEN BEING USED, THE SPONGE COMPLETELY DISINTEGRATED SENDING PIECES OF SPONGE EVERYWHERE.
i AM WELL AWARE OF HOW TO USE THIS TYPE OF PRODUCT BUT THESE POLISHING SPONGES ARE COMPLETELY USELESS.
I PURCHASED ALL THREE DENSITIES FOR POLISHING, FIRM, MEDIUM AND SOFT AND ALL ARE COMPLETELY USELESS. THE SOFT FINISHING SPONGE JUST COMPLETELY DISINTEGRATED...... COMPLETELY !!!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT BUY THIS ITEM

1.0 out of 5 stars rubbish, 11 Jun 2013
This review is from: Silverline 633521 Polishing Sponge 150mm (DIY & Tools)
you'd expect a little more than a bath sponge stuck to a backing pad, it disintegrated the first time it caught the edge of the bike screen that I was cleaning and that was at a lower speed than the max recomended.

4.0 out of 5 stars done the job, 14 Aug 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Silverline 633521 Polishing Sponge 150mm, 23 Jun 2014
This review is from: Silverline 633521 Polishing Sponge 150mm (DIY & Tools)
Silverline 633521 Polishing Sponge 150mm Silverline 633521 Polishing Sponge 150mm
it is a sponge on the end of a rubber pad

5.0 out of 5 stars 150 mm, 22 Jun 2014
This review is from: Silverline 633521 Polishing Sponge 150mm (DIY & Tools)
this is just as advertised this is a buy for every one who is looking to polish the car .

4.0 out of 5 stars A good product for the price., 12 Mar 2014
This review is from: Silverline 633521 Polishing Sponge 150mm (DIY & Tools)
Before I bought this I read some mixed reviews, and took the punt anyway, but for anyone in the same position as me, it's worth it. I wanted this to T-cut my car, and it worked pretty well. I read reviews of these disintegrating immediately, I guessed (and I think correctly) that people weren't using these properly. First of all, you HAVE to polish with these wet. If you spin a dry pad on a dry surface at any speed, the friction will cause it to heat up, and it is a good thing that these will disintegrate. Would you rather a foam pad worth a few quid broke, or the paint on your car was stripped and damaged? Its not designed to work dry, and I found these worked really well, the only damage done was when I clipped the metal wipers on the edge, but they feel durable, and for the price they're cheap to replace over time. I found using T-cut that this makes the job easier than by hand, but in order to remove chips and scratches it is better to do that by hand as you cant get the pressure on individual spots with these, which is again a good thing to reduce risk of what you're polishing. For all who are in doubt, definitely worth it for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 13 Dec 2013
This review is from: Silverline 633521 Polishing Sponge 150mm (DIY & Tools)
The sponge was everything it should have been. If you use them on full speed and you hit something rough, they tear. Whilst this is very annoying it can't be blamed on the sponge, the only thing to do is to make sure you have replacements to hand.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great, 21 Nov 2013
G sidhu - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silverline 633521 Polishing Sponge 150mm (DIY & Tools)
These are cheap yes but do not last very long with a machine. You will be lucky to get 2 uses out of it. Get a better more expensive one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice polishing sponge, 20 Nov 2013
This review is from: Silverline 633521 Polishing Sponge 150mm (DIY & Tools)
Appears good quality and does what I expect of it. I am well impressed with this system and the Silverline polisher. I can't believe I could have spent ten times more on other polishers / pads an mops.

Silverline 633521 Polishing Sponge 150mm