5.0 out of 5 stars Worked like a charm
Worked like a charm in pulling off the glass screen of our 24 inch iMac intel computer to replace a hard drive that had failed after 4 years.

Published 17 months ago by TREVARTHEN Alan

3.0 out of 5 stars Double suction pad
It did the job I needed it to, however I would not trust it for heavy duty use, you get what you pay for.
Published 5 months ago by James

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked like a charm, 6 Nov 2012
This review is from: Silverline 675088 Double Suction Pad 70kg (Automotive)

I think this one is better than the two single suckers recommended in the Youtube instruction videos, for you can pull with one hand, and hold the computer down with the other. I was surprised how easily the glass screen pulled off. Apparently it is held in place by magnets and positioning dowels. Pull at right angles to the screen so as not to bend the positioning dowels.

Now I have to find somewhere to keep this sucker until I need it again, perhaps to replace the DVD reader or the clock battery when they fail.

PS - I tried it on the smooth Formica covered computer desk too. It lifted that and it must weigh 30 kg.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Pleased!, 9 Nov 2011
This review is from: Silverline 675088 Double Suction Pad 70kg (Automotive)
This really was a brilliant purchase! I bought it to aid me bathing my water hating border collie!! I simply 'stick' this to the side of the bath, and clip her lead to it,......bingo, leaving both my hand's free to wash her, completely stress free!! I then also pop the suction pad onto a landing door, and as before clip her up whilst she get's a blow dry!

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin!, 2 Sep 2010
This review is from: Silverline 675088 Double Suction Pad 70kg (Automotive)
I was looking for a cheap suction pad to hold glass while I dismantled, moved and then rebuilt a large old greenhouse.

It worked great and did exactly what I wanted it to.

I didn't give it 5 because occasionally the seal on dirty, wet panes of glass wasn't perfect and the glass would get loose. Perhaps a more expensive unit could have given a more perfect grip, but I didn't smash any panes so it wasn't a big issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another pair of hands, 28 May 2011
Dave Gray (Cornwall, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silverline 675088 Double Suction Pad 70kg (Automotive)
As usual with all my Amazon purchases this turned up within a couple of days - much sooner than promised by Amazon.
Works really well - took a pair out of the box and removed a window immediately at half the price it would cost me to hire them from a local toolhire shop. If they only last this summer they will have paid for themselves but they seem robust enough to last a few years of DIY projects.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product., 24 May 2011
This review is from: Silverline 675088 Double Suction Pad 70kg (Automotive)
Very strong hold, the silverline double suction pad has good quality plastic and as I say it holds anything without any problem at all so it does what it is supposed to do the only slight inconvenience that I find is that the rubber has a very strong smell so I would recommend that if you do buy it please store it away. Preferrably somewhere in the house where the smell will not be a nuisance as I say the smell is extremely strong dont know whether it might be made out of recycled rubber maybe?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great from Removing iMac Glass, 30 Jun 2013
P. C. Farrar (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silverline 675088 Double Suction Pad 70kg (Automotive)
Bought these suckers to remove the glass screen on my 2010 iMac.

Did the job perfectly, stuck well and the screen was easy to remove.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says!, 24 April 2012
This review is from: Silverline 675088 Double Suction Pad 70kg (Automotive)
Am satisfied with this product which I thought was very reasonably priced. Havent used it a great deal yet but did think it might mark walls with prolonged use, if that is a concern. Other than that, would recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Suction Pad, 20 Sep 2011
This review is from: Silverline 675088 Double Suction Pad 70kg (Automotive)
The Double Suction Pad worked really well for me when reinstalling some double glazed panels. Dampen slightly and they held very firmly. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised how good these were compared with other more expensive models. So good I now have three.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks very impressive so far, 18 Oct 2010
Stephen Simm - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silverline 675088 Double Suction Pad 70kg (Automotive)
Just received this item. I was not expecting too much at this price but was very impressed by its appearance. It looks very sturdy and sticks to glass very firmly. I bought it to move window sized pieces of glass which I am sure it will be able to do easily. I am now going to order another to help to remove my patio doors in order to lubricate whhels etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars cheap and cheerful, 21 July 2010
G. Kent (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silverline 675088 Double Suction Pad 70kg (Automotive)
This is only a plastic version and that is reflected in the price but it is sturdy enough and well built enough to lift a double glazed patio door unit without any problems.
it works great for me.