5.0 out of 5 stars Wonder-ful-web!
As a single dad of two kids I have tried to sew, hem and repair the kids clothes and household things over the years to a standard that could only be described as feeble!

Why the hell didn't I buy this stuff? (a sewing machine would've been just one step too far into the unknown!)

The hem has just came away on my lad's school pants and at £30 a pop...
Published on 31 Oct. 2010 by KM

3.0 out of 5 stars Quick Fix
Wundaweb is handy when you haven't got the time to sew or it's for something that cannot be sewn. Although, it doesn't stay stuck for long and eventually starts to come unstuck after several washes. I would still use it for a quick fix though.
Published 19 months ago by Gracie99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonder-ful-web!, 31 Oct. 2010
KM (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Vilene Extra Strong Wundaweb from Caraselle

The hem has just came away on my lad's school pants and at £30 a pop these hems weren't going down without a fight! I remembered Wonderweb from when I was a kid about thirty years ago, how long?(gulp!) so thought I'd check Amazon out and holy pants there it was! Fast delivery and he's now wearing fully hemmed up pants in the morning, jobs a goodun!

It's dead easy. . . .you just turn the pants inside out and fold the hem as it should be, then cut a piece of the Wunderweb to run under the hem (on the inside of the pants of course) and place a damp cloth over the hem and press down for about ten seconds with a hot iron!

That is it and as the worlds worst seamster if I can do it anybody can! Cracking stuff indeed.

Update 9th Feb 2015 - Hello! I wrote this review over four years ago and since then I have bought a few of these from the same seller and it still does the job! Yup - I'm still the worlds worst sewer! :(

5.0 out of 5 stars Wundafull wundaweb, 25 July 2013
This review is from: Vilene Extra Strong Wundaweb from Caraselle
Fantastic product and easy to use. Have used it to hem heavy curtains and make swift changes to nativity costumes and other school play costumes. Versatile and invisible. Brilliant

5.0 out of 5 stars got me out of tight spot - borrowed a friends tent..., 9 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Vilene Extra Strong Wundaweb from Caraselle
and in the middle of the night had to get up to see to my 2yr old daughter who had woken and was disorientated. In my sleepy haze of I lost my balance and grabbed hold of the stitched in pocket in the liner sheet for balance and heard an awful rip.

Before doing the repair I checked (on a spare bit of material) to see that it wouldn't be damaged by the hot iron and it seemed OK so I had a go at ironing it on and it has made an invisible repair - phew - I have actually also put a few stiches in for added strength but I think the wundaweb keeps its shape and will stop the stiches pulling out of the thin material.

The place where the rip occurred wasn't actually in the outer fly-sheet so I didn't need it to have waterproof properties - Now off to find some more things to invisibly fix :)

cheap, arrived fast - I'd recommend it

3.0 out of 5 stars Quick Fix, 28 Sept. 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars good tough stuff, 27 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Vilene Extra Strong Wundaweb from Caraselle
Used it on an army jacket,and its strong enough for that .Don't know what else to say really.Its tough and will do any job if you use it right

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for any curtains, 5 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Vilene Extra Strong Wundaweb from Caraselle
It works great, saves time and work... really good to have your curtains the size you want. Quick delivery and well packed. Can't go wrong. Nice price too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product and saves a ton of work...., 28 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Vilene Extra Strong Wundaweb from Caraselle
This is a great product and my wife uses it all the time. She needed a replacement and these arrived on time and in good order. Thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic!, 4 May 2010
This review is from: Vilene Extra Strong Wundaweb from Caraselle
Whoever invented this stuff is a genius.
I originally bought some of this to take up some curtains, and for that purpose it did the job perfectly. ..i then decided to try it on a particularly heavy pair of long jeans. 5 washes later and its still holding. ...i'd recommend this product to anyone who wants to alter something but, like me, isn't very proficient with a needle and thread.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy and pain free hemming!, 6 Oct. 2011
Karen Baxter (Wales UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Vilene Extra Strong Wundaweb from Caraselle
What a wonderful invention, Wundaweb certainly makes life easier!

I have three school age children of my own and foster another two, this means that there always seems to be trousers, skirts or dresses to be shortened ... and I absolutely hate sowing, but I absolutely love Wundaweb.

Simple to use and as long as you have access to an iron, ironing board, tape measure and a pair of scissors you cannot really go wrong. The idea is to place a length of Wundaweb under the folded hem of the item you are shortening, then with a damp cloth in place press the hem with a hot iron, and there you are, job done.

If there is a downside at all it's the fact that after a number of washes you may find that you have to repeat the above steps, still that is a small price to pay for such easy and pain free hemming.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Wundaweb, 14 April 2015
This review is from: Vilene Extra Strong Wundaweb from Caraselle
What can you say about wundaweb, except that it's an amazingly effective and easy-to-use product?

People know what it does and how good it is. If they don't, they're not going to be persuaded by a review. I use it a lot, having a 30in inside leg when trousers are usually 29 or 31. If I put them in for alteration, one pair would probably cost me about £6. This stuff is ridiculously inexpensive and is good for many pairs. But just try finding it in the shops.

Like I say, this won't persuade anyone to go out and buy it in bulk. But I've just used it, and decided to give it some recognition.

Vilene Extra Strong Wundaweb from Caraselle