on 29 September 2014
Really solid lock for securing bikes using chains/locks too and is sold gold secure which attracted me after I had a bike stolen. Floor anchors are the way to go and police recommend this style of protection. Generally 10% of a bike cost should be spent on decent locks/security. Use this with a Kryptonite Sold Secure gold chain for really strong security. This is provided with the bolts and even the drill bits to drill into the floor. Once bolted in, I would say almost impossible to remove for adhoc thieves. Highly recommended
on 25 January 2015
Despite following the fitting instructions and using the drill bits supplied, the bolts simply do not tap in to the shields in the ground, making it impossible to install. I tried this with two of the bolts and neither worked. I'm sure it's very secure if you are able to secure it to the ground, but as this was not possible, I'm unable to comment.
on 27 October 2011
excellent, robust and strong. and looks good. if they steal our bike this time they will have to take the whole bungalow with it!
on 8 May 2011
(+)Easy to install if you have a power driller. (-)Once you hit the provided bearing balls into the allan holes, even you won't be able to remove the bolts, so it will stay there forever and ever and ever...
on 14 April 2014
Having just had a bike stolen from my garage I decided I really needed to look into some proper security....the dog never even woke up!

Ordered the Strong Hold Above Ground lock which arrived very quickly so got down to installing it straight away. Read the instructions but to be honest it was very easy to fit as I have an SDS drill which made like work of making the holes, just needed to get final size correct using the large dill bit supplied with the item.

All fitted and road bike now locked to the floor mount which looks and feels 100% solid and secure.

Got a door defender on its way as well so feel very secure with door protection and bikes chained to the floor.

Excellent product and very easy fitting, only took about 30 mins or so.
on 13 April 2011
A tough product. You will need a powerful drill or less dense concrete than my garage floor. It was quite hard work but got there in the end with a standard black and decker drill.
on 17 January 2013
The picture of this dosn't do it justice ,its big and heavy well made and im sure the floor will come up before this fails .Bargin price nobody could do it cheaper when i ordered .
on 30 October 2012
Great piece of kit to help protect your pride and joy. Took a long time to drill the holes with my cordless drill so recommend using a mains drill, but solid and pretty permanent
on 27 March 2013
The only reason gave four and not five star's was the fact that the Mason drill that was supplied was slightly undersized making it difficult to install raw bolts!
on 8 July 2011
Easy to fit and absolutely rock solid ....... we have our gorgeous rottweiler and very large chained to it when we go out and he's going nowhere!