5.0 out of 5 stars Good gadget
We needed some thermometers for our laboratory freezers which contain hundreds of pounds worth of reagents and biological samples representing many hours of work; these cost about 10 quid so they are a good investment.

Published on 4 July 2008 by FILC

2.0 out of 5 stars It's either +1 or -4.......
Published on 22 Feb 2011 by KJW

2.0 out of 5 stars It's either +1 or -4......., 22 Feb 2011
This review is from: ETI fridge or freezer digital alarm thermometer
Quite nicely made, but the cable is a bit short if you want to place the sensor in the heart of the fridge/freezer. Biggest problem though is its accuracy. I stuck it on the back of an ETI dial thermometer and comparing the two readings means the fridge is either +1 or -4 depending on which of the ETI thermometers you trust most. On reflection I don't trust either of them.......

5.0 out of 5 stars Good gadget, 4 July 2008
This review is from: ETI fridge or freezer digital alarm thermometer

This thermometer allows you to set a max and min temperature. The alarm is very audible and rings intermittently when the temperature is outside the set range. It took a few minutes to adjust to our freezer so it was good that it wasn't ringing constantly during this process.

You can press a button and find out the highest and lowest the temperature has been, and this function can be reset. The length of the cord from the probe to the display unit is about a metre. The display unit can be placed in several ways all of which are included - self adhesive velcro strips, a little screw on bracket or a flip out stand. The numbers on the display are quite large and there is also a little light which is handy. It can be set to display the temperature in Celsius or Fahrenheit.

Assuming this gadget keeps doing it's job, I would definitely recommend it as it does what it needs to, looks good and comes with everything you need (including the AAA battery).

1.0 out of 5 stars eti fridge thermometer, 29 Jan 2011
Amazon Customer (Cotswolds) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: ETI fridge or freezer digital alarm thermometer
Bought two of these , both disagree with each other on temperature in exactly the same place.
So i Verified readings with a calibrated fluke-meter both were out by up to 1-3 c.
Basically be careful how much you trust the reading you see on these,if you have to answer to environmental health.
If a device is displaying information,surely it's vital what you are reading is actually for real

5.0 out of 5 stars does the job I wanted it for, 15 July 2011
This review is from: ETI fridge or freezer digital alarm thermometer
nice big display, easy to read - but not sure why its got a light.

The beep isn't very loud and doesn't last for long, it beeps for 5 seconds in total but will re-beep every minute until the temp drops below the required level - while it is in this "error" state the (tiny) letters "AL" on the screen will flash. I can clearly hear it two rooms away, in a relatively quiet house.

I have my temp probe stuck to the inside of the freezer door (using the supplied sucker) and it takes about 5 to 10 seconds (of leaving the door only just ajar) for it to start beeping and about 30 to 40 seconds (after the door is closed properly) for the temp to have dropped enough for it to be happy again.

If the beep was any louder, it could be a pain having it go off every time you open the door. I guess its a balance, shame there aren't different options as I'm sure the beeper can make more noise if it was asked to.

I wanted it cos the kids kept leaving the freezer door very slightly ajar after getting a lolly and I think it will do the job. My freezer is in the utility room, next to the kitchen, if yours is in the garage (etc) you'll need something with a louder beep.

To get the round cable into the freezer without affecting the door seal, I peeled the seal away from the door and fed the cable under the door seal, through the door seal duct. At the corners there was sufficient room to feed the cable through without affecting the seal.

I'm now thinking of getting one for the fridge, especially as the price is now 30% lower (gutted!)

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy another product!, 18 Feb 2013
This review is from: ETI fridge or freezer digital alarm thermometer
This is truly an awful product! After fixing it on the mounts supplied when I came to read it after letting it settle down the screen display was incomphensible! On examination it appeared the buttons on the front had stuck down! After considerable effort I managed to free the buttons which meant that the display now read ok. On returning to the fridge later on it had become unstuck and was hanging by the wire!

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 24 Dec 2010
This review is from: ETI fridge or freezer digital alarm thermometer
This thermometer does the job perfectly. Current upright freezer does not even have an operating light so this lets you know at a glance if it is working OK and alarm sounds if temp creeps up too high. Excellent value for money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful features but is it too fast to react?, 30 Aug 2009
This review is from: ETI fridge or freezer digital alarm thermometer
Everything about this unit seems to be high quality. It is accurate, has a very useful minimum and maximum temperature recording facility, and so on.

However, it is so fast to respond to changes in temperature, that it picks up a significant momentary rise when you open the freezer. This leaves the maximum temperature reading as the momentary high when the lid was open, so you don't know what the normal high was with the lid shut.

Also, the cable that goes from the unit to the temperature probe is quite thick, which I am not sure is completely smothered by the rubber seal on the door. A flat cable would be a better option.

Would I buy the same unit again? No - I would look for something else, but this is just about good enough not to throw away.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Instructions and unable to get the warning alarm set for the right temperature!, 13 Dec 2013
This review is from: ETI fridge or freezer digital alarm thermometer
Thermometer appears to be accurate and working fine. But it is a nightmare to set up the alarm, the instructions are very poor. I purchased the thermometer for a freezer, after I accidentally turned the freezer off by mistake and ruined the freezer contents.

My freezer runs at -15c and I was hoping to set the alarm to be triggered at -10c (when there is a rise of 5 degrees in temp) I could not achieve this, the only setting I could achieve is when the temperature rises to -1c, which is too high!

So not really recommended if you want a thermometer specifically with an alarm warning.

1.0 out of 5 stars ETI digital alarm thermometer for Fridge or Freezer, 5 Mar 2013
This review is from: ETI fridge or freezer digital alarm thermometer
Unintelligable and wildly changing readings and difficult settings make this product unusable.
This was purchased for a new BEKO freezer but has not been useful at all.
We are currently relying on the old analog thermometer.

3.0 out of 5 stars This device needs more buttons!, 24 April 2012
This review is from: ETI fridge or freezer digital alarm thermometer
I sent for this item because my OH keeps leaving the door of the freezer slightly ajar when he's been in there for a late evening snack, and I kept coming down in the morning to a defrosting freezer! It's a great little product - but a pig to set up! The buttons have to do several jobs. There is a C/F button on the back (fiddly to press)which also starts the numbers changing to adjust the ETI fridge or freezer digital alarm thermometertemperature. Everytime I press it I'm not sure if I'll be doing it in centigrade or fahrenheit, or adjusting room or fridge alarm temperatures. I'm in a button pressing nightmare, not sure if I'm going up or down the temperature scale - it doesn't help that I get confused with minus temperatures, working out if -17 is lower than -20 when the numbers are whizzing round. Once it's set up it seems to work very well, but I did want to throw it at the wall several times! It also needs a longer cable as it is a bit difficult to put it anywhere but attached to the front of my fridge freezer. Having said that, it is very cheap and does the job once set up. I can even hear it beep when I'm upstairs in bed (the most likely time to need it) I'm sure I'm going to learn to love it!

ETI fridge or freezer digital alarm thermometer
Usually dispatched within 3 to 4 days