5.0 out of 5 stars Great loaf tin!
I have just used one of these for the first time and I must say, it is a really great little loaf tin! The tin is deeper that the "non-stick" ones I used previously, so it produces a much nicer shaped loaf, especially for sandwiches and toast.

Published on 8 Jun 2010 by D. Moors

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't use for bread-making!
After purchasing this product for bread-making I followed the manufactures instructions, washing in hot soapy water, rinsing and drying. I had to purchase groundnut oil and duly greased the inside of the tin with a thin application as recommended. However, the bread stuck to the tin like glue and I had to resort to using a knife to release the bread from the tin...
Published 17 months ago by B N

5.0 out of 5 stars Great loaf tin!, 8 Jun 2010
D. Moors - See all my reviews
This review is from: Loaf Tin 2lb Alan Silverwood (Kitchen & Home)

As the other reviews mentioned it is not Non-stick, so all you need to do is oil and dust with flour before hand. I forgot to flour the inside after oiling and the loaf still came out without any issues after baking.

Overall a great tin, so I shall also be getting the 1 lb tin as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality, 21 Nov 2013
This review is from: Loaf Tin 2lb Alan Silverwood (Kitchen & Home)
I have had my tin for a few weeks now and given it a good test making about five loafs a week. The first time I oiled it well using sunflower oil (I didn't have groundnut as recommended and olive oil is not good for oiling tins) and floured it. After cooking my loaf which turned out well I found it did stick at the sides, I eased it using a plastic spatula and it came out no problem. I decided not to wash the tin and only wiped it out and the second time it came out with only a slight shake. The third time I used it the loaf fell out and has done so ever since. I continued to wipe out the tin for the first two weeks of use, about ten times, ever since then I wash it as normal. I now only give a light oiling and dust it with flour (must get some semolina) and it performs consistently well. I must state that although it is a 2lb tin it is bigger than a standard 2lb tin, instead of using 400g of flour I use 500g. I highly recommend this product, I was so impressed I have bought other items in the range. In my opinion if the negative reviewers have had problems they have not prepared the tin properly and allowed it to develop a patina.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice little loaf tin, 13 Sep 2008
This review is from: Loaf Tin 2lb Alan Silverwood (Kitchen & Home)
I've been using these tins for years, and have just acquired yet another for batch baking.
I particularly like the shape, being deeper than the average bread tin they produce a nice sized loaf.
They are not non stick but if used correctly, greasing the tin well then dusting with flour (as per instructions) they don't stick and are easy to wash up.
The only time mine have stuck is when I forgot about it and left it to prove for too long, a few sharp taps on the work top helped to loosen.
They conduct the heat well and I find I can reduce both the heat and the baking time making your home baked bread even cheaper.

5.0 out of 5 stars terrific pans, 28 Oct 2012
This review is from: Loaf Tin 2lb Alan Silverwood (Kitchen & Home)
I have used these for baking bread for about 5 years now. So far they have never stuck. I usually wipe my oily fingers inside the pan, they get better with use. I never flour any of them not even the cake tins. I really like Silverwood quality

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect choice., 10 Feb 2014
This review is from: Loaf Tin 2lb Alan Silverwood (Kitchen & Home)
My daughter told me that Silverwood Loaf Tins were really superb.
And they really are.
The baking results are stunning.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Loaf Pan!, 7 Nov 2013
This review is from: Loaf Tin 2lb Alan Silverwood (Kitchen & Home)
This 2lb loaf pan is a real bread pan, large enough for a family loaf, bloomer style. It is larger than other so called 2lb loaf tins. When I compared the two different tins side by side, this one was more than half the size again of the 'standard' 2lb loaf tin, which is too small for a loaf of bread anyway. Obviously standard 2lb parchment liners are not going to fit this huge tin. I am very pleased with it, but have yet to use it. But, I will be buying another one so that I can bake two loaves at a time. A good greasing and flouring would be in order as it is not non-stick.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, 21 Aug 2013
This review is from: Loaf Tin 2lb Alan Silverwood (Kitchen & Home)
I bake loaf type cakes and bread quite a lot and have been frustrated that other makes do not standardise their tins. I use Silverwood items for other baking and have always found them high quality and reliable. I have used it several times since I got it, with excellent results. It is particularly good fro Nigella and Delia recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loaf tin, 8 April 2013
This review is from: Loaf Tin 2lb Alan Silverwood (Kitchen & Home)
perfect for my bread . My bread and malt loafs come out of tin so easy. Easy to clean. Just love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable, no sticking, easy to clean, 18 July 2014
This review is from: Loaf Tin 2lb Alan Silverwood (Kitchen & Home)
Much more durable than so-called "non-stick" tins (which tend to peel or deteriorate eventually). As long as I oil/grease the tin before putting in the dough, there's no problem at all with sticking - the loaf pops out nicely after baking. I also like the rounded corners - this makes it much easier to clean.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good shaped high-sided pan, 14 Mar 2014
J. Bott "Highland Jan" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Loaf Tin 2lb Alan Silverwood (Kitchen & Home)
Very pleased with this pan. It's a good weight and has higher sides than a normal loaf tin, so allows a good rise without spilling over the sides - this often happens with spelt bread. The shape is good too, it doesn't slope so much and the bread doesn't stick to the tin, so overall a very good buy. I'll probably buy some different sizes in this brand.

Loaf Tin 2lb Alan Silverwood