5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for children
I bought this for my lovely girlfriend because it was her favourite film as a child. I am 31, saw it this week for the first time, and thought the film was brilliant. I am amazed that it is not really known that well in Britain. Unlike many films for adults, The Last Unicorn never once hits a boring patch, it pulls you along, and unlike the more simplistic Disney films...
Published on 18 April 2004 by Darren Ross

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality DVD
I'm not rating the film, the film is brilliant. Its the DVD I'm ashamed of. Its obvious that no care or consideration was put into the DVD. A film that is already 16:9 widescreen compressed down to 4:3?!?! Does ITV DVD know how to make a DVD? Did someone just not care at all? Did they really think that it would be acceptable to have a tiny rectangle in the middle of the...
Published on 19 Jan 2012 by #.19

‹ Previous | 19 10 11 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars For all those who need information on the DVD, 7 May 2003
This review is from: The Last Unicorn [DVD] (DVD)
The last unicorn is brilliant for those who love fantasy creatures!
Its about the last Unicorns journey to find the other unicorns in short text.
The last Unicorn is a very touching story one minute there is fear and peril and in the next minute a classic romeo and Juliet story.
This movie touched me and is a must see for adults and children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brillent, 21 April 2008
This review is from: The Last Unicorn [DVD] (DVD)
I love this film i used to watch it when i was young there were parts that would scare me i got over them as i got older
But i watched it recently on video it brought back memories.
I was recommened it to any one but i wouldnt advised young children to watch it as it could easily scare them but overall i love the film i heard they were ment to make it a real life movie of it dont know if thats going ahead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Aug 2014
Thoroughly enjoyed it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A film full of Adventure, 12 Jun 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: The Last Unicorn [VHS] (VHS Tape)
The film I have chosen is called "The Last Unicorn". I chose this film because it is funny and I love some of the music. It always makes me laugh no matter how I am feeling! The story begins as a wizard is tied up in a tree and he casts a spell. The spell does not work out as planned! The tree comes alive and falls in love with the wizard. The wizard called out to his unicorn friend and after a few minutes the unicorn appeared and rescued the wizard...I think the music really goes with the film.
I have only seen the film once but I really enjoyed it and I would recommend it. My favourite bit is when the unicorn has had a long day's search to see if there is any other unicorns in the world. Soon the unicorn needs some rest so lays down by a tree and goes to sleep. A nasty witch comes by and asks her slaves to look at her horn (the unicorn's horn) but all the slaves can see is a normal horse...
The music is very peaceful and some of it is really quite jolly.
The unicorn can also turn into a girl. I could definitely see this film again because it is really lovely, and full of adventure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 Sep 2014
Great for the kids

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Sep 2014
kids loved it

3.0 out of 5 stars BIT DARK - BETTER FOR OLDER CHILDREN, 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Last Unicorn [DVD] (DVD)
THIS IS LIKE THE DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS / MAGIN SWORD / BLACK COULDERON - BUT JUST NOT AS LOVELY - BOUGHT FOR MY 3 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER AS LOOKS VERY GIRLY FILM - BUT SHE WAS SCARED BY THE STYLE OF DRAWING AND THE INITIAL MACABRE - BUT I THINK SHE WILL LIKE IT WHEN SHE IS 6+ SO WILL SAVE IT - OR MAYBE BUY THE BOOK AS THE STORY SEEMS OK.

3.0 out of 5 stars Complex story but great for those who love unicorns, 15 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Last Unicorn [DVD] (DVD)
Quite a grown up story and done in french style animation and probably dubbed. It has quite adult concepts but my young children still enjoyed watching all the unicorn stuff. Not something they'd watch over and over again though.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Last Unicorn DVD, 3 Jan 2010
Mrs. D. Davidson (Bathgate, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Last Unicorn [DVD] (DVD)
Bought this DVD for my 3yr old daughter who is really into unicorns at the moment. I have watched the film with her and she really likes it. The film is very dated in today's animation terms, but that doesn't matter at all - it's the magic of the story that's appealing to her. Only cost a few pounds so value for money I think.

3.0 out of 5 stars scared the living daylights out of me!, 19 Dec 2005
This review is from: The Last Unicorn [DVD] (DVD)
As a child I was scared witless by this film especially by the red bull! Curious to see that it is now on DVD and to find out what it it like now that I'm a grown up...!

‹ Previous | 19 10 11 | Next ›

The Last Unicorn [DVD]
The Last Unicorn [DVD] by Jules Bass (DVD - 2007)