5.0 out of 5 stars Great product but incorrect size details on Amanzon website
Ordered this bag for my FujiFilm FinePix s8000fd camera. Great item but there is a mistake on the product dimensions, I didn't double check the product dimensions on LowerPro website the result was this bag is a bit too small for my camera. The real dimensions for this bag are: 3.7W x 3D x 5.1H in / 9.5 x 7.5 x 13 cm

Please Amazon amend this error
Published on 16 Nov 2007 by MJ@

3.0 out of 5 stars Lowepro Apex 100AW shoulder bag for digital cameras
I accepted the Amazon recommendation as I ordered the Panasonic Lumis FZ38 assuming the bag would be a good fit.

It is functional but a bit tight, room for a usb cord but anything larger than a memory card would have to be put on top of the lens barrel - eg a spare battery.
Will use this case for convenience now I've bought it but the zips are tight and go...
Published on 11 Jan 2010 by Rustic Rick

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product but incorrect size details on Amanzon website, 16 Nov 2007

Please Amazon amend this error

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 2 Nov 2008
Bought this for my Canon 40D and 17-85mm IS lens, fits perfectly either lens in first, LCD screen first or camera in sideways. I find the last one best as I can pull the camera out and the handhold and shutter release is immediately in the right place; this also gives enough space to roll up the shoulder strap. Space for a spare battery or two, two memory cards (the 40D uses Compact Flash), and probably a couple more small things as well. But dont expect to get any more in, this bag is for a dSLR and small/medium zoom lens.

Well padded, and decent zips providing a large opening. The rain cover had me fooled for a few hours though; it is tucked away and the manual didn't make it clear what and where it is. The cover comes out and protects all of the bag but not the back; can be a bit fiddly to get on and off especially as the loops for the strap have to go through holes in it. That said, it's perfectly up to the job of keeping probably a 1000 worth of camera dry when you get caught in the rain.

If using the camera a lot whilst walking about, I got into the habit of unzipping the top most of the way, then the camera (whose shoulder strap is also around my neck) sits neatly just in the bag but readily available; at least then there's two straps taking the weight and the padding of the bag protecting the camera and lens. I hardly notice the camera is there sometimes.

An excellant buy and highly recommended. I bought this at a high street shop as needed in a hurry, but did pay (a fair bit) more than Amazon are selling it for. At Amazon's price its a bargain.

Update: the AW suffix shouldn't be taken to mean 'ALL' weather. After walking for three hours in constant rain (isn't the Lake District lovely in spring/summer?!) the inside gets wet/damp and this does transfer to the camera. The lack of plastic cover for the back as previously stated may affect this further. This bag therefore isn't completely weatherproof but would be perfectly okay for short showers etc. If you want a waterproof bag for all weathers then perhaps this isn't quite up to the job and the hard plastic type with seals should be considered. That said, if you appreciate the bag's limits then it's still a top class item that is well capable of protecting 1k of camera and lens.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit for my sony NEX-5., 9 Nov 2010
I bought this bag for my twin lens Sony NEX-5D. It fits perfectly well, I have in the bag my camera with the 18-55 lens mounted on it with the shoulder strap and the lens hood, the 16mm pancake lens, a spare battery and the flash.

I was worried this will be too small for my camera and I was about to buy the bigger model which is the Apex 110AW, I am so glad I didn't otherwise I would've lost the key feature of my camera which is the small size.

This bag is just perfect, not only it's small but also very high quality, it's obvious that attention has been paid to every small detail. It's really nice to carry and the price is very good.

I'd say if you have a SONY NEX-5 with the kit zoom lens or the twin lens, this bag is for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for Panasonic FZ28, 25 Oct 2008
This review is from: Lowepro Apex 110 AW Shoulder Bag for Digital Cameras/Camcorders - Black (Electronics)
Perfect size for the Panasonic FZ28 with the lens hood attached - just shove the camera in sideways for a snug fit. Without the hood you can use the internal divider to take up the spare space in which you could perhaps stow a mini tripod.
A tiny internal end pocket holds the lens cap and a separate thin side pocket (also internal) holds a filter and spare battery. Lid pockets provide storage for spare flash cards.
Good quality construction and well padded. The only drawback is its one-piece zip-around lid is not particularly fast access but I doubt you'll find a better bag for this camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine for a Nikon D40, 29 Mar 2008
Rachel Croft (London, England) - See all my reviews
This bag fits a Nikon D40 in comfortably, with about 2 inches to spare at the top and room for 2 spare memory cards and a filter or two. It's light and comfortable to wear, and the rain cover is a plus - stops the rain water seeping in through the zips which can be a problem on other camera bags. My camera survived a hail storm quite dry and snuggly in this bag with the cover on. Opening at the top makes the camera easy to access and put away. So far I haven't come across any negatives.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, 28 Dec 2007
A. Jones (Chelmsford, UK) - See all my reviews
Usual top quality camera bag from LowePro. Everything works perfectly, with smooth running zips and thoughtful little design touches like the microfibre cleaning cloth and memory card pouch. My Panasonic FZ18 fits perfectly inside and I know it will be totally protected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my Fujifilm S9600, 28 Sep 2007
I purchased this bag online so was unable to test the fit with my Fujifilm S9600. Luckily it fits like a glove. I was looking at the Apex 110AW also but the 120 is a little longer which means it'll take the camera with the lens hood in place. I can fit in a all the associated cables, spare batteries and the battery charger without it all rattling around like they would in a much bigger bag.

The build quality is superb, padding seems good and there is a microfibre cloth built in to protect delicate lcd displays on the back of your camera. The easily deployed (and easy to stash) rain cover will protect your camera and case from the elements.

All in all I am very impressed. Size was important to me as I wanted all my stuff in one place but I wanted a bag small enough I wouldn't be put off taking it to places. Although the S9600 isn't a digital SLR it is very similar in size so I can see this bag being perfect for your EOS 400D, or similar, with a reasonably sized zoom lense attached.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough and practical, 4 July 2011
Minty (Bristol, England) - See all my reviews
I was looking for a case for my Nikon Coolpix L120 but I wanted the smallest possible (and practical) case that I could find. I was wavering between this bag or the larger 110 version. I plumped for the smaller as I didn't want to carry too much weight around with me. Note that the Lowepro website doesn't offer this case when you specify the L120 on their bag finder section.

I'm glad I did as the case fits the Nikon perfectly. It slides in sideways with the grip uppermost, and there's room above the lens to coil the camera strap. A box of spare batteries fits easily into the pouch inside the lid, and there's also handy storage for a memory card or two. There's a little room left if you wanted to store some other small bits and pieces on top of the camera too.

It seems very well made and tough. I like the rubber/plastic protection strips which will protect it when it is picked up/put down a lot. The carrying handle on top is a useful extra feature and the shoulder strap buckles have swivels which is a nice touch. The rain cover will no doubt come in useful too. I've got an older Lowepro case for my compact camera which has stood up well to hard use so I have high hopes that this new case will be as good.

The inside lining is very soft and should protect the camera well. I removed the internal divider as there's no need for it with the Nikon. If you have a smaller compact camera however, you could easily fit a mini tripod and maybe a travel battery charger in here too.

My only *slight* critisism is that the shoulder pad on the strap can't slide over the adjuster buckle so is in the wrong position for me unless I make the strap longer. This is common to most shoulder straps though I've found.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag for my Lumix FZ28, 25 Oct 2008
Great bag for my Lumix FZ28. It's neat and great quality for small money.
Not fot digital SLR and remember not for spare lens - you would have to buy bigger bag for SLR.
For Lumix FZ28 it is perfect, just enough space to put camera and battery + SD card. No less no more.
Highly recomended and fast delivey as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small and perfectly formed!, 19 Mar 2010
M. V. Stowey (Bath, England) - See all my reviews
After much deliberation I decided to go for this bag for my Lumix FZ38 camera, it fits so perfectly its like it was made for the camera! I love it and would highly recommend it to anyone with this camera. I particularly love the rain cover tucked away at the back! If you are looking for a bag to fit all your accessories in as well this bag will not do that, but if like me you only want a bag that protects your little beauty from dirt and rain this is brilliant! It has a built in screen wiping cloth inside and a little pocket for a memory card so everything I wanted and needed. I highly recommend this bag!