on 9 September 2011
The bar is as expected...long. It serves it's purpose very well. I just bought a power rack so needed a longer bar, didn't really want to change over to an Olympic bar and plates as I have lots of standard plates already. So this is exactly what I needed.

I highly recommend this item for anyone getting a power rack or anyone who needs more room on the bar for weight plates.
on 19 September 2013
The spins that come with this bar have no rubber inners, no big deal but just thought id point that out. As for the bar when you put roughly 80/90kg on it it has tons of flex. Benchpress at anything over 90kg is made harder due to the amount of flex it has springing back and too.

Overall id say this was a good bar for beginners, I wouldn't recommend it for squats or deadlifts, if you want to do these you're best going olympic.
on 31 July 2013
7ft barbell
good quality bought this for my squat cage
I would recommend for a squat rack or squat cage
I would not recommend a 7ft barbell for a normal weight bench as the weight of the bar is unbalanced on the bench
on 23 December 2015
I needed one of these to go with a new power cage I had bought from power house fitness. Called power house fitness to place the order and they told me there was a £45 deliver charge! Clearly didn't proceed with purchase.

Imagine my surprise when I see the same item on amazon from power house with free delivery.

The bar does the job but agree with other reviewers, wouldn't like to load it up beyond 70-80kg. I'm a runner so don't want to carry much extra weight and hence don't load it heavily, but the 55kg I currently have on it is producing a small but visible bend.

Not a problem for arms, chest etc but for squats this is going to be a problem. Time to go Olympic if think.
on 16 February 2012
Ideal 1 inch diameter fit for Olympic bench. This meant I didn't have the hassle or getting rid or all my old weights and didn't have to buy a new Olympic 2 inch diameter bar and weights to fit it. Sorted.
on 9 March 2012
I bought this bar as I had just bought an olympic bench which required a longer bar than my original one and this one is a perfect size. The length inbetween the collars is approx 53 inches and it weighs approx 8kg. The price was excellent compared with similar bars I had looked at and it was delivered very quickly. All in all a great bar that does exactly what it was needed for.
on 18 June 2016
For the price and for beginners brilliant. The bar is tested to 115kg so not sure why other reviewers say it flex's at 80kg - mine certainly doesn't at these weights. I only use this bar with my squat rack as needed longer bar to fit on the rack. It does flex, but only with loads at 120kg+ (not including bar weight) Most I have had on is 140kg so maybe time for a new bar for me.
on 22 July 2014
Left it for awhile before posting this review so could try the bar out first. It was a good buy and have not experienced any problems with it even using cast iron weights. The only thing that is slightly different appears to be the weight of the bar. I weighed mine at 8.2 kg others have different weights and it is advertised as 10 kg. Still a great buy.
on 12 February 2015
It's ok. It has enabled me to continue to progress with the stronglifts 5x5 programme but not sure how much longer it will be fit for purpose. Bar is flexing now under heavier weights (75kg at the moment). Will have to upgrade to Olympic bar soon I think as flexing/springiness will become more dangerous as the weight continues to increase.
on 31 December 2015
The service I received from the seller was absolutely fine I was refunded but I would not recommend this barbel, it's thinner than most standard dumbells or barbells meaning you can only use the spin locks provided and not spring clips. The bar starts to bend under really light weight by 40kg it's very noticeable.