5.0 out of 5 stars How cool can you look?
Even cooler with one of these!
Just love everything retro and this epitomises that.
Super light to wear, lovely gold tone, easy to adjust (as a woman had to make it quite small but doesn't look oversized on my wrist), super handy back light feature and it tells the time!
Oh and as a conversation piece it can help you make new friends ....!
Published on 14 July 2011 by Dudley

3.0 out of 5 stars Model under different numbers
The watches appearance is as the image. Purchased as an everyday watch; though the case is resin, the strap is steel and the case back is held on with 4 screws.
Only just received so am unable to comment on durability at present.
The model number is shown as 1WYEF but is quoted also on Amazon receipt as 1YES. The box label confirms as 1WEF but the watch holder...
Published 17 months ago by A Thespian

5.0 out of 5 stars How cool can you look?, 14 July 2011
Even cooler with one of these!
Just love everything retro and this epitomises that.
Oh and as a conversation piece it can help you make new friends ....!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I hoped it would be, 17 May 2010
I'm always a bit weary of buying clothes/accessories online for fear that what I receive will not correspond to my expectations. It is NOT the case for this watch. I was looking for a retro-looking gold Casio & that's what I got & more: it includes a handy alarm clock & stop watch function. Perfectly happy!

5.0 out of 5 stars good retro value, 13 Oct. 2010
Excellent watch for the money.. Takes me back to being a kid in the 80's.
It is totally skill!

5.0 out of 5 stars I've been transported back to the eighties!, 14 Nov. 2012
I have an unhealthy physical attraction to this watch. I'll freely admit when it arrived today, that I opened the packet, and deeply inhaled the late seventies style packaging and warranty booklet such was my excitement - As I closed my eyes and cleared my head, I swear I could smell the early eighties.

You see, as a child at the early stages of secondary school when these first came out, there was always that one rotund kid whose parents were able to afford the latest new-fangled technological advancements in horology. And whilst I returned from school holidays with the red LCD version of the early digital watches (where you had to press the button to illuminate the time), the overweight rich kid had this version. Scuppered again it seems. With my imitation Kickers on I got back on the bus that day dreaming of how, when I finally made my millions I'd be able to afford the next big thing - The calculator version. Not through greed or avarice mind - I just loved the futuristic qualities of this beauty.

I'm certainly no millionaire, and doubt I'll ever be, but with the passing of time I'm finally there. Grab yourself one of these gems. They're now affordable to us mere plebian blue collar workers nowadays. I'm still not quite there yet mentally to progress to that next stage of Casio ownership, the calculator version, but maybe one day. For now they're for the fat children of diplomats and government whips - The important people of this world who the likes of you and I can only longingly stare at through the rainsoaked tinted glass of their limos, as they demand we desist from staring at them. (He says as he doffs his cap, twirling in both hands as he looks at the floor).

Oh I love my Casio.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic!, 3 April 2011
D. R. Mcmahon "Drew" (Poole, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio Collection Watch Resin Case A168WA-1WYEF (Watch)
To be honest this is a watch!, thats all it is but if your after a classic stainless steel watch then its for you. its sturdy but light, clear to view and the illuminator is amazing! I have started using the alarm as my morning alarm as it is very effective. I prefer 24hr clock so this feature comes in handy and i can easily put it into 12hr mode. the stop watch does its job and that ladies and gents is pretty much it.

Its a classic casio with solid efective loud features. Good Job Casio!

5.0 out of 5 stars "THE ILLUMINATOR" is BACK !, 5 July 2011
Paul J. Jackson (UK , Newcastle) - See all my reviews
WOW ! stylish, smart, cool & RETRO this Casio has the lot.. I can remember back in the day when these were all the rage ! I have had mine for 3wks now & i must of had atleast 4 people ask me 'where i got it'... Digi watches are making a massive comeback at the min.... The ILLUMINATOR has all you need, Time in norm or 24hr format, Alarm with an hourly chime as well, Day & date, Also a stopwatch.. And for when its dark an Electro Luminescence bright Blue light... A total bargain "BUY IT NOW"

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio A168WG- 9EF, 19 Jan. 2011
G. Jones "gemmellow" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Lovely classic watch. Time was easy to set. The watch strap is adjustable, no need to remove links or anything just slide the clasp by flicking back the part with the arrow on it (use a fork).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value!, 8 Nov. 2012
Perfect 80s nostalgia time piece, easy to adjust size on the strap without need for tools, easy to set and cheap as chips! Ideal!

4.0 out of 5 stars An Old Favourite, 17 Feb. 2010
Fred K (St Helens UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio Collection Watch Resin Case A168WA-1WYEF (Watch)
This is one of a long line of Casio Digital Display watches I have owned and wear exclusively for both work and holidays, where the alarm, date and illumination functions and the legible display are all very useful.(I have a posh watch for smart occasions). I have had three of this particular model, although it is not my favourite but Casio appear to have dropped the design I had last, a dual-time version with a large circular face and an even more legible display.

My major criticism of the cheaper Casio watch range is that the silver finish on the plastic cases(but not the stainless steel bracelets!) wears off fairly rapidly and the appearance is then very poor, even for everyday wear. My wife makes me throw them away, in full working order. This seems very wasteful in an age of conservation. Hence only four stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Retro Digital watch, 16 Jan. 2013
As I remember it first time round, c1985. Really nice watch everything you need. Time Date and Light. Brilliant. Very happy with price packaging and delivery time.