5.0 out of 5 stars Feel the difference first time.
Once you've tweeked the strap to suit you start swimming.
Its all intuitive from there on.
I used them for nearly an hour the first time I tried them and was a little unsure about them and the difference they made until I took them off. At wich point my style seemed to vanish. Practise makes perfect, these help make a perfect practise!

Keep an eye on...
Published on 25 Aug 2010 by tallpaul

2.0 out of 5 stars paddles
would very much like to review these things but some little Spanish bastard stole them before I could get to use them..got a cheaper pair from France now
Published on 11 Sep 2012 by elguapocongafas

5.0 out of 5 stars Feel the difference first time., 25 Aug 2010
This review is from: Tech Paddle (Pair) (Misc.)
Once you've tweeked the strap to suit you start swimming.
Its all intuitive from there on.

Keep an eye on the strap once and a while as they can slide loose.

One thing though, Try not to clip small children with them as it makes them cry! and personally this made me feel awkward and the little kid had a big daddy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what is says on the label, 10 Sep 2012
This review is from: Tech Paddle (Pair) (Misc.)
These paddles certainly do give you a solid work out and slowly but surely irons out off-line arm movements when doing crawl/free style. They take a bit of getting used to but worth the effort. I can feel the difference when in open water after pool training with these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously effective!, 15 Jun 2012
Dolphin (Stuck inside a cloud) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Tech Paddle (Pair) (Misc.)
These were bought for my OH who is a former international swimmer. For him, the idea was to build maximum muscle during a swimming workout, but they are also useful for improving technique. The Speedo brand costs a little more than others, but I see it as an investment in quality. The elastic feels very strong and gives a tight hold (adjustable, of course). I tried them, too, and the effect is a bit like wearing flippers on your feet, i.e. if you do it correctly, you catch and hold more water, which makes your stroke more powerful and, consequently, more work for your muscles. I can see how they would help with technique because if your hand enters the water incorrectly, it's possible for it to slide out of line, so these paddles definitely make you concentrate on your stroke.

One aspect that is not well understood is that the paddle size has nothing to do with your hand size. They all fit all kinds of hands. The paddle size relates to the intensity of the workout; large will give you the highest impact muscle workout. A serious (and effective!) tool for swimmers at all levels, but to be used with caution at first. I certainly had a fairly stiff back and shoulders after using them for just a few laps. Also, if you are swimming in a public pool, be aware of proximity to others; remember, your hands now have a hard edge!

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 16 Mar 2013
This review is from: Tech Paddle (Pair) (Misc.)
These are easy to fit and fit a wide range. I am very small and my son is a man and they fitted both of us with minor adjustments. I felt awkward and clumsy at first but soon got used to them. The effectiveness is difficult to judge when wearing them but trying to swim without them soon showed their worth, I showed some improvement after just a few sessions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Power, 15 Jun 2014
This review is from: Tech Paddle (Pair) (Misc.)
Great training aid , easy to wear and durable . Give you speed and you have to use more power to move on , Speedo make good job.Recommended if you want make more workout for your hands .

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 Dec 2014
This review is from: Tech Paddle (Pair) (Misc.)
It`s very good to swimming

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job and I take it to practise, 1 Jan 2014
This review is from: Tech Paddle (Pair) (Misc.)
Does the job and I take it to practise - fits comfortably between legs while I focus my arms.

Improving my technique

5.0 out of 5 stars meet my expetation, 27 Mar 2013
This review is from: Tech Paddle (Pair) (Misc.)
I use them for swimming everyday. If you want to improve your pulling thats the thing you need to get for yourself.

2.0 out of 5 stars paddles, 11 Sep 2012