5.0 out of 5 stars Works better than expected!!
Seller review
Item received in a squashed box due to the very poor packaging.

Item review
However, the item (which was a gift) is said to have lived up to expectations.
The clip to attach the screen requires a vertical surface, which is a limiting factor when using it, but if this isn't a problem for you, then it works very well.
Published on 10 Oct. 2009 by Bargain Hunter

1.0 out of 5 stars Worse than useless
I bought two of these and both pop screens broke within minutes of opening the packet. The joint between the gooseneck and the clamp just fell apart with the gooseneck coming out of the socket on the clamp. Result: useless! Anyone else had this experience? And can anyone recommend a tougher alternative? (Using with Blue Yeti Condensers.)
Published on 17 July 2012 by Frank

5.0 out of 5 stars Works better than expected!!, 10 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Power Dynamics PDS-M16 Microphone Pop Shield Recording Filter
Seller review
Item received in a squashed box due to the very poor packaging.

Item review
However, the item (which was a gift) is said to have lived up to expectations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fantastically, 14 Jan. 2012
Before purchasing, I'd read a couple of articles online, about making a DIY anti-pop screen, at a very low price.

However, due to my relative inexperience (and poor DIY skills!), I decided to purchase a professionally manufactured screen and I'm very glad I did.

Despite coming in some rather unassuming (but thankfully very easy-to-open) packaging, this 6" screen is extraordinarily sturdy, sporting a flexible frame so that you can twist it into any position you can think of. The clamp is also very strong, allowing you to clip the screen on to pretty much anything.

The 6" screen size is also very large, entirely covering my Blue Microphones Yeti USB Microphone, and eliminating all the clicks and pops that had previously plagued my recordings.

If you're a home recording musician, this screen is just the thing for you - I cannot rate it highly enough!

1.0 out of 5 stars Worse than useless, 17 July 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars First Impressions - Good, Long Term - Astonishingly Useless, 1 Feb. 2015
This thing has two jobs:
1) Stop sudden bursts of air from hitting the microphone and making a pop sound, hence the name.
2) The bracket and the arm have to be stable and flexible so the shield can be placed in the correct place.

The first, is true, I have tried and tested this and it does in fact stop all pop sounds with it's two layers.
The second however, is in my opinion quite frankly horrible. The bracket does tighten to microphone arms/stands, but if you want to take it off and place it somewhere else, the gripping foam is completely shredded and makes it slip and rotate. Also for some reason, the way the arm is attached to the bracket, makes it completely useless, it rotates, therefore wherever to place this, where the weight of the arm is, will rotate to the bottom, meaning when I tried to use it, I positioned it in front of my microphone and it just swings down below, meaning for me this product is completely useless. There are many similar ones to these on Amazon and I'm sure you'll be much happier, rather than TWO parts constantly rotating under the weight itself.

2.0 out of 5 stars Works effectively but could be better, 31 Aug. 2013
This pop filter was a recommended product with the 'Samson CO1U' microphone and a 'Tiger microphone stand boom' so I assumed that they would all work together well. This is almost the case but it just feels like they weren't really meant to be sometimes. The pop filter works like a charm, it prevents practically all 'pops' in both online conversations (Skype, Mumble, Vent etc.) and high-quality recording scenarios. However the clip that attaches the filter to the stand is very flimsy, it functioned great for about a month and then it slowly started to slip further and further down the stand and now it's held together with tape just so I can use it at all. All in all it's probably worth it for beginners and amateurs just starting up, because it's very cheap lets face it, but once you know what you're doing then you'll want something a lot more secure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Screened, 19 Feb. 2013
I have used this filter quite a lot recently and I am very pleased with it. Used with my dynamic mike it has proven to be a very good purchase. Easy to fit and adjust to the correct position it has certainly improved my recordings. Would recommend without hesitation.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's ok,, 13 Dec. 2013
As far as generic pop filters go this is one of the cheaper ones. The quality of the construction on the other hand is pretty good considering that. I've used it along side my BLUE Yeti mic for over a month and it definitely does what it says on the box,

BUT there is one little issue i came across. when clamping the pop screen to the base of my Yeti after a while u notices to was digging onto the paint and scratching it. the plastic used on the clamp is made of a hard plastic, and unlike other parts of the product there is no foam to protect your device. i have had to put a felt pad on the side of my Microphone to avoid and further damage.

But over all a great product and I would recommend it to anybody looking to get a more professional sound out of their recordings.

1.0 out of 5 stars I was great- for the first few days, 28 Feb. 2014
When I bought this product, I wasn't expecting much as it was my first pop filter and it was pretty cheap.
So when it arrived, I was pleasantly surprised! It seemed easy to position, easy to fit onto my mic stand and it did the job.
After a few days however, it began to "droop" and I thought it was because of the weight of the pop filter itself. However, upon closer inspection, I realised it was the part that screwed into the clamp that was faulty. The screw threads were all worn down to the metal (the originally had a black coat of paint) and now I practically can't use it unless I spend 15 minutes fixing the position of the pop filter before hand to ensure it sits in a very specific way to stop it from drooping.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, just fabulous, 23 Dec. 2012
I cannot fault this product in any way and I would recommend this product to anyone who has a blue snowball or yeti. Yes, there are better pop filters like the dual layers but a singer layer does the job perfectly fine at an affordable price. I personally use this for my Blue Snowball and I haven't been experiencing any issues so far. The goose neck is super flexible but sometimes it can get a bit loose. This can be fixed with a bit of DIY-no big deal. I must say, I do not regret buying this product in any way, it does EXACTLY what it should do which is to stop the popping noises. So if you're looking for a value pop filter, look no further!

4.0 out of 5 stars A little too flexible but it certainly does the job, 22 Nov. 2014
Mr. G. Knight (London, England) - See all my reviews
As other reviews have indicated, the flexible arm is a little too flexible. It can take a while moving it around into a position where it won't just flop down. The best position I've found is with the flexible arm curving down and then back up vertically so that the pop shield is between the mic and wherever the 'talent' is standing/sitting. Once in place, it's probably not a good idea to move it too much, though.

The pop shield itself works perfectly. No matter how many pickles Peter Piper picked, it still didn't cause any pops in my recordings. Excellent quality with only one star docked for the slightly too floppy arm.