on 31 October 2013
I ordered this product on a whim when I ordered two DualShock 3 Controllers for my PS3 since the actual controllers don't come with charger cables. However, I really wish I had read the reviews beforehand. Once I got this item, I opened it and plugged it in, ready to multiplay on my PS3 for the first time. However, not only did this waste of space not charge the controller it was plugged into but it kept losing signal every 30 seconds or so, forcing us to resync and then rejoin play. This is by far the worst product I have ever had the misfortune to waste time and money on. If it doesn't do what is advertised, DON'T SELL IT!

Seriously, save your money and buy a better, brand named product that actually does what it's supposed to because this piece of crap definitely doesn't. AVOID!
on 11 October 2013
Apart from the product arriving 10 days later than it's due date, the cable does not charge the controller, it just barely makes it work when connected to the ps3. What's more, when connected, the message ''please reconnect controller'' comes up every 3 seconds, and we all know that's no way to play a game. Don't buy.
on 22 July 2011
The product is advertised as 'PS3 Charger cable'. Instead, it just plugs the controller to the PS3, and works as a wired controller. It does not charge the actual controller. I am very disappointed and will definitely be returning this product for one that works.
on 3 April 2013
Despite the mixed reviews, at this price I decided to take a chance. Well I'm happy to report mine worked perfectly straight out of the box. Charges, plays and generally functions exactly like the cable that came with my PS3, it's just longer.

The only thing I can suggest for those that it doesn't work for. Try re setting your controller with this attached. If it still doesn't work return it as you obviously have a faulty one. But I stress mine worked straight away, and I'm very satisfied with the purchase.
on 8 October 2013
put it in my playstation and theres a break in the cable somwere so it keeps cutting out when charging
on 19 April 2013
Lost the original ones which game with the controllers when I moved house, so I decided to get some of Amazon, as you do. Really good quality, a lot long (I believe the wire is 3m) than the originals made by Sony. They also seem to charge quicker, not sure if it is because there knew or not but anyway stop reading all these reviews and buy one now (I bought 2)!!
on 6 June 2012
Prompt delivery from the seller, however the product did not work. Appears dead.

I bought it primarily to use the PS3 controller with my PC, since the PS3 supplied cable isn't quite long enough. It didn't register/charge/light up the controller at all, so I plugged it into an actual PS3 to test it. No luck. Tried it with a few other devices. Nothing. It is quite loose when plugged in, tried variations of wiggles and applying a bit of pressure before eventually giving up on it.

Was annoyed at first, until I remembered it only cost £3.99 and now I own a really good skipping rope.

Will settle for an Amazon Basics Extension Cable instead.
on 9 March 2013
When I bought my playstation I was stuck leaning close to the console to continue playing when the controller was on low battery, this wire has been a life saver, ridiculously long I can sit almost anywhere and still play. I have even used the wire as a USB data cable to transfer files to Ext Hard Drive, came in handy as we didn't have enough plug sockets in one place, this wire let us place the hard drive on the other side of the room.

Product was as described and quickly dispatched :)
on 29 June 2014
I bought this alongside another charger from Electrosmart. These do not charge the PS3 controllers. I thought my one had a dead battery for about half a year coz of these cables. It was only when I bought another controller I realized that the problem was within the cables. Do not buy these ones go for the cables from ABC. Search "ABC Products USB Cable Lead Wire Controller Charger for Sony Playstation Play Station 3 PS3 PS 3 PSP 1.8m Long" and it'll come up.
on 3 November 2013
This cable does not charge the pad.

If plugged into the PS3, it appears to be connected however it does not charge and the PS3 complains the pad has been disconnected after a few button presses. If I just connect it without using the pad, then it doesn't charge.

Tried the PS3, PCs and the USB port on my TV which is fine with the shorter, standard cable that comes with the PS3.

In the process of returning via Amazon.